Alonzo isn't the savior we're making him out to be

I expected you to start changing the parameters as you lost the debate.

Nobody said "random local kids".

But for over a decade, we have been recruiting SoFla poorly. You can't just isolate on one particular kid. This is a hallmark of Miami football. We are losing out on MULTIPLE good players EVERY SINGLE YEAR because we d!ck around in recruiting.

So, yes, the recruiting needs to be fixed ASAFP. To say otherwise is just idiotic. You're going to sit around waiting for an org chart and a job description while every good kid in SoFla makes friends with out-of-state coaches? Ri-goddam-diculous.

Our talent identification is not the immediate problem. UM is getting housed by FIU and louisiana tech

Advertisement
Our talent identification is not the immediate problem. UM is getting housed by FIU and louisiana tech

So you would support hiring Alonzo if he still had football eligibility left?

Let it go. The losses to FIU and LaTech are behind us. What is in front of us is a long rebuild of our culture, methods, and execution. We need leadership, and Alpha Alonzo is much more capable of providing that leadership than Beta Blake is.

I have no idea whether hiring Alonzo will fix every problem, but I'm not going to support NOT TRYING simply because this is a new and unusual role, without a job description or spot on the org chart.

Get talent. Develop talent. Put talent on the field and smash teams. Why is that so hard to understand? The first two steps have been a huge problem that prevents the third step.

Look at the talent of our recruiting classes vs. our outcomes. We have been squandering recruiting opportunities and scholarship talent for FIFTEEN YEARS. The problem is bigger than one coaching staff. The problem is bigger than "getting housed by FIU and Louisiana Tech".

We must act now, we must try everything, and we have to keep trying until we get it right.

Beta Blake is not being fired soon. Manny will clearly waste some of his time designing the new jewelry. So we need someone who is going to push our recruiting outreach to a new (old) level. We need to win over the SoFla coaches and players. We need to give them a reason to trust Miami again, because Rhett "The Gawd" Lashlee isn't going to be able to prove that we have turned the corner until October at the earliest.

Sometimes image is reality. And if we are hiring an all-time Miami great to lead us out of 15 years of purgatory, then that is a start.

Stop whining about Beta Blake and Manny "being fired". I can agree with you, on principle, but the reality is that it is not going to happen.

Alonzo can happen.

So you would support hiring Alonzo if he still had football eligibility left?

Let it go. The losses to FIU and LaTech are behind us. What is in front of us is a long rebuild of our culture, methods, and execution. We need leadership, and Alpha Alonzo is much more capable of providing that leadership than Beta Blake is.

I have no idea whether hiring Alonzo will fix every problem, but I'm not going to support NOT TRYING simply because this is a new and unusual role, without a job description or spot on the org chart.

Get talent. Develop talent. Put talent on the field and smash teams. Why is that so hard to understand? The first two steps have been a huge problem that prevents the third step.

Look at the talent of our recruiting classes vs. our outcomes. We have been squandering recruiting opportunities and scholarship talent for FIFTEEN YEARS. The problem is bigger than one coaching staff. The problem is bigger than "getting housed by FIU and Louisiana Tech".

We must act now, we must try everything, and we have to keep trying until we get it right.

Beta Blake is not being fired soon. Manny will clearly waste some of his time designing the new jewelry. So we need someone who is going to push our recruiting outreach to a new (old) level. We need to win over the SoFla coaches and players. We need to give them a reason to trust Miami again, because Rhett "The Gawd" Lashlee isn't going to be able to prove that we have turned the corner until October at the earliest.

Sometimes image is reality. And if we are hiring an all-time Miami great to lead us out of 15 years of purgatory, then that is a start.

Stop whining about Beta Blake and Manny "being fired". I can agree with you, on principle, but the reality is that it is not going to happen.

Alonzo can happen.

alonzo changes nothing. Galaxy brain nonsense

alonzo changes nothing. Galaxy brain nonsense

Dopiest thing you've said yet.

The hiring changes everything. It changes the org chart and puts an end to Beta Blake and Manny giving their meaningless mea culpas on local radio shows.

What is your alternative? Roll through the next 10 months with absolutely no answers to give to local coaches and recruits about how Miami is going to reverse 15 years of disaster?

You have yet to produce a POSITIVE suggested change to the program that will yield results. I understand NEGATIVE changes (firing guys), but I have yet to see you offer anything that changes the equation or reverses 15 years of decline over 5 coaching staffs.

OP hit it on the head. We will never be able to hire a legitimate head coach if someone else gets to decide who they recruit and what assistants they will have on staff.

If you want Alonzo to act as athletic director for football and hire the next guy, sure. He certainly has a clue about football, which Cuck James does not. But giving him day to day operational control and letting him micromanage the coach is a disaster.

If manny can’t handle the job of being head football coach, then ******* fire him. Don’t add another level of dysfunction to the football infrastructure that will make it harder to succeed after manny inevitably fails.

Advertisement
Dopiest thing you've said yet.

The hiring changes everything. It changes the org chart and puts an end to Beta Blake and Manny giving their meaningless mea culpas on local radio shows.

What is your alternative? Roll through the next 10 months with absolutely no answers to give to local coaches and recruits about how Miami is going to reverse 15 years of disaster?

You have yet to produce a POSITIVE suggested change to the program that will yield results. I understand NEGATIVE changes (firing guys), but I have yet to see you offer anything that changes the equation or reverses 15 years of decline over 5 coaching staffs.

LOL, hiring a guy who cant recruit or coach players “changes everything.”

comical

LOL, hiring a guy who cant recruit or coach players “changes everything.”

comical

Yeah. He'll have NO IMPACT on recruiting. And he can't speak to the players AT ALL about what they need to do to improve.

Brilliant.

Yes, we have had 15 years of failure because of individual recruiters and individual coaches. Riiight.

We need an organizational and culture change. We need to return to high standards and serious accountability. Alonzo gets that started. It's not about your dopey ideas of "signing Tutu Atwell". It's about giving EVERY COACH the greenlight to make offers earlier. It's about having someone to manage the SoFla HS coaches, to mend fences and to get back to where we should be.

But, oh, you're such a dismissive genius because Alonzo is not a "recruiter" or "coach". That's why we are going to fire a bunch of the current ones to replace them with guys who will do what Alonzo wants them to do.

You think Beta Blake was going to force those changes? Good lord, even UM alum Rumph was telling guys he wasn't going to be asked back, only to be retained because Beta Blake and Manny are afraid of the "impression" that a bloodbath will give off.

Yeah. He'll have NO IMPACT on recruiting. And he can't speak to the players AT ALL about what they need to do to improve.

Brilliant.

Yes, we have had 15 years of failure because of individual recruiters and individual coaches. Riiight.

We need an organizational and culture change. We need to return to high standards and serious accountability. Alonzo gets that started. It's not about your dopey ideas of "signing Tutu Atwell". It's about giving EVERY COACH the greenlight to make offers earlier. It's about having someone to manage the SoFla HS coaches, to mend fences and to get back to where we should be.

But, oh, you're such a dismissive genius because Alonzo is not a "recruiter" or "coach". That's why we are going to fire a bunch of the current ones to replace them with guys who will do what Alonzo wants them to do.

You think Beta Blake was going to force those changes? Good lord, even UM alum Rumph was telling guys he wasn't going to be asked back, only to be retained because Beta Blake and Manny are afraid of the "impression" that a bloodbath will give off.

you can keep writing your novels but it’s apparent that you havent been payingattention for the last 20 years.

Who tf in their right mind thinks Diaz knows what he is doing. Look at the assistants he hired. Sorry that strike 1. Also everybodyo have bosses. If Diaz did not go 6-7 we wouldn't be talking about this. Golden and Richt had authority to hire and fire. They hired bums and stayed loyal. I guess in that respect Diaz is changing but still don't excuse Enos terrible performance. All of u get different bosses and managers at your job and get on with it. Too many comfortable people down there

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back