Alonzo Highsmith the answer?

Advertisement
Gotta start with replacing the AD. Is Highsmith the answer to the clown show that is our entire athletic department?

How about throwing big money at him before our next fb coach?

Go Canes!
So you want to replace someone who had never been an AD of a major D-1 program with someone who's never been an AD before? Brilliant!

Here we go with this nonsense. I know it's shocking, but hiring a top end AD, that actually understands how college athletics works should be job one. This isn't complicated. You know what Miami shouldn't do? Hire someone without an iota of collegiate experience, that is best suited to be a GM in the NFL whose only qualification is that he played here 30 years ago. I've said this multiple times on this board: The difference between an AD and an NFL GM is huge. An NFL GM is in the talent acquisition game, and depending on the franchise may get to hire the HC. A college AD is running an entire program, making HC hires in all sports, making hires in regards to senior staff. They aren't just concentrating on the football program. They must be able to fundraise, they must be able to manage boosters and other donors. It requires a unique skillset. There are people that have managed Fortune 500 companies that have failed in the role, because it's a tough gig.

This program won't move forward unless we get off this "Miami Guy Bro" nonsense. Go out and hire the best AD you can find, find someone that can not only make decent hires, but is the kind of AD that can set a winning culture around the department, a culture that doesn't tolerate mediocrity, that expects a compelling, worthwhile product.

Advertisement
I don’t know if he’s the answer BUT I would ask somebody like Bryan Maggard from Louisiana University. He’s the guy that hired Billy Napier and made a homerun Baseball hire in Matt Deggs from Sam Houston State. Young guy who’s proven he can hire.

Here we go with this nonsense. I know it's shocking, but hiring a top end AD, that actually understands how college athletics works should be job one. This isn't complicated. You know what Miami shouldn't do? Hire someone without an iota of collegiate experience, that is best suited to be a GM in the NFL whose only qualification is that he played here 30 years ago. I've said this multiple times on this board: The difference between an AD and an NFL GM is huge. An NFL GM is in the talent acquisition game, and depending on the franchise may get to hire the HC. A college AD is running an entire program, making HC hires in all sports, making hires in regards to senior staff. They aren't just concentrating on the football program. They must be able to fundraise, they must be able to manage boosters and other donors. It requires a unique skillset. There are people that have managed Fortune 500 companies that have failed in the role, because it's a tough gig.

This program won't move forward unless we get off this "Miami Guy Bro" nonsense. Go out and hire the best AD you can find, find someone that can not only make decent hires, but is the kind of AD that can set a winning culture around the department, a culture that doesn't tolerate mediocrity, that expects a compelling, worthwhile product.
Ok. Give us some potential candidates.

Yes. Find someone who will make objective decisions and be able to assess Miami’s current state accurately.

Someone with too much history here will always be trying to recreate what once existed, and wonder why it can’t happen now

Advertisement
Money talks. Ask Dwayne to make one extra ****** movie per year and donate that $20M to the football program for coaching and AD salaries.

Otherwise we're the type of team to get blown out by Bama, struggle against App St. and lose to a mediocre Mich. St. team.

I know there's a lot of chatter about Zo, and almost happened as football 'GM'. Could work.

How about this former player for AD?

As an executive:
Seattle Seahawks (2010)
Scouting intern​
Seattle Seahawks (2011–2014)
Assistant director of pro personnel​
Seattle Seahawks (2015–2017)
Director of pro personnel​
Buffalo Bills (2018–2020)
Director of player personnel​
Carolina Panthers (2021–present)
Assistant general manager​

oct-1998-linebacker-dan-morgan-of-the-miami-hurricanes-in-action-the-picture-id72341342

As player:

All-Pro (2004)​
Pro Bowl (2004)​
PFW All-Rookie Team (2001)​
PFW All-NFC (2004)​
Unanimous All-American (2000)​
First-team All-Big East (2000)​
Big East Defensive Player of the Year (2000)​
**** Butkus Award (2000)​
Bronko Nagurski Trophy (2000)​
Chuck Bednarik Award (2000)​
CFB Hall of Fame (2021)​

Advertisement
Yes. Unless you’re completely invested in UM tennis, volleyball, rowing, etc then **** yes Zo should be in an administrative role! And most of you are not invested in those sports because if you were then those sports would be bringing in real money to the university and they arent

Advertisement
Ok. Give us some potential candidates.
We already missed on Danny White(Who was my #1 choice for 5 years running)

John Currie(Wake Forest)--Wake is a tough gig, and he's made some good hires with Dave Clawson being the best. Has experience dealing with private school issues. Was successful at KSU, which again isn't an easy job.

John Hartwell(Utah State) Dude has made solid hires in multiple sports at Troy(Previous stop),

Mark Coyle(Minnesota)--Multiple solid hires, was at Boise State before Minny.

Now, if the boosters really wanted to go ham, my choice would be:

Mack Rhaodes(Baylor)--Has midmajor experience, has made multiple good hires at Baylor. Good fundraiser, has a bit of edge to him.

Advertisement
Back