Allison transferring

Which transfers have been successful at other schools?

Brock Berlin
Clint Tricket
Ryan Mallett
Russell Wilson
Davis Webb

Troy Aikman

Baker Mayfield - Transferred from Texas Tech to Oklahoma.

How many of our transfers, at any position, have been successful anywhere else.

Good question.

The only recent player I can think of is LB Arthur Brown. He transferred to Kansas State, and did very well. He was drafted by the Ravens in the 2nd round. He's currently at Seattle, his fourth NFL team.

Advertisement
I'd rather win at least 10 games and the Coastal with whatever fūcking guy gives us the best chance to do that. I don't care who it is.

We dont have that on the roster.

According to you, some anonymous Internet mope. Yeah sounds like a legit opinion.

***** shut up. Everybody who has seen these dudes are telling yall they arent that good. Yet you dudes are in denial just because they are older qbs.

Why does almost everyone refuse to factor in the defense these guys are throwing against? I don't get it. This defense is clearly either the best or second best defense they will play all year, with FSU being the other. Not that they will suddenly become world beaters, but why is nearly everyone just pretending our defense wouldn't make the situation look worse than it actually is? Genuine question, because I've only seen a few bring that aspect of the the QB situation up.
On top of that, it's a great defense that knows the offense's plays.

Read the writing on the wall. No ill will to him, no need to sit behind N'Kosi the GOAT for the next 3 years.

WHY has everyone anointed this kid our starter and best quarterback in Miami since Dan Marino? It is incredibly difficult and rare for a freshman to just come in and start let alone be effective. ESPECIALLY in a conventional drop back pro-style offense. Say what you will about Kayya, he had his areas to work on, but if he weren't almost savant like with picking up offense he wouldn't have started. Jack Allison is the perfect example of how a great H.S. QB lacked the mental fortitude and quick thinking ability to make his mark on this team. Lets see him scrimage before we use words (or acronyms) like GOAT. It's disrespectful to guys like Sean Taylor.

It appears that with Kaaya leaving we were left with a handful of very mediocre backups. None of them demonstrated the ability to be a successful qb for us during spring practice and scrimmages. Most on this forum has annointed Perry as our savior for the 2017 season. You can say he won the job by default. It remains to be seen if he can be an effective qb for us. Fans have to be inherently optimistic, so posters express their glowing opinions of Perry. We have not had a winning qb since Dorsay. Let us see that after 15 years of mediocre qb play we finally have a qb capable of winning games against top ranked teams.

Advertisement
Perry appears to have won job by default. Backups to Kaaya failed to demonstrate during spring that they are capable of being successful qbs. It is human nature that fans are optimistic about their team. The praises and optimism toward Perry may be premature but is understandable. It has been 15 years since we had an elite team. We have had many different qbs during this time span. None were elite and capable of leading our team back to greatness. It may be premature to think that Perry can finally be the qb to have us finally attain elite status.

Last edited:
Wtf were they then?

Moss and Newton were dismissed from FSU and UF for disciplinary reasons. Yes, they transferred to other schools, but neither left because of a lack of future playing time. Moss would have absolutely killed at FSU, and Newton likely the same as Meyer's replacement for Tebow.

Most know those back stories. But, they transferred nonetheless.

Franchise was just being a prick.

You were just being a dumb cvnt. Stick to serial downvoting like the down low pvssy you are.

You deserve to be downvoted on the regular. You're a joke.

It's telling that you're all in your feelings about it, though.

Sorry to disagree my dude, what's TELLING is the facts that's hurting your FEELINGS!

[MENTION=10043]SWFLSWAGG17[/MENTION]...
Say what you will about Kayya, he had his areas to work on, but if he weren't almost savant like with picking up offense he wouldn't have started.

"Savant like with picking up offense"?

That offense He ran as a freshman was basic as ****, He probably ran a more complex O in HS.

At this point I wouldn't bet against two of Perry, Weldon, and Art to transfer by 2019.

Are you hoping for only one or 2 QBs on the roster. Or did you just vomit out that opinion without even thinking it through?

Where did I say I'm hoping? Where did I say I'm rooting for that to happen?

What makes YOU think it will happen? You have zero basis or foundation to think that that would happen. I mean, one or two quarterbacks on the roster is a real bad position to be in. Just seems like you're pulling for that to happen, because you have no reason to think it would happen.

Hmm let's see, Richt was unable to convince Yearby and Gus when we desperately needed them back. And now we lose the only current QB on the roster from schools worth a ****.

So no, I do have reason to think it would happen.

wow it is truly amazing how clueless you are.

Advertisement
Are you hoping for only one or 2 QBs on the roster. Or did you just vomit out that opinion without even thinking it through?

Where did I say I'm hoping? Where did I say I'm rooting for that to happen?

What makes YOU think it will happen? You have zero basis or foundation to think that that would happen. I mean, one or two quarterbacks on the roster is a real bad position to be in. Just seems like you're pulling for that to happen, because you have no reason to think it would happen.

Hmm let's see, Richt was unable to convince Yearby and Gus when we desperately needed them back. And now we lose the only current QB on the roster from schools worth a ****.

So no, I do have reason to think it would happen.

wow it is truly amazing how clueless you are.

Agree - Gus had every opportunity to get more carries - he didnt and decided to leave and not sure anyone could convince Tearby to stay - every single article says he isnt getting drafted but HE decides to leave - once again, bc he didnt EARN more carries

Wish them both well bc they are Canes but this one isnt on coach

Colbert was a graduate transfer.
yes fully aware... so?
he left for same reason, opportunity. We have tons of grads who don't leave their last year. Sorry if you can't understand the analogy.

If you can't understand the difference between a grad transfer leaving for his final season and a redshirt freshman throwing in the towel in the middle of an open QB competition, I can't help you.

Throwing in the towel? If as many suggest, the system has changed to one he's not suited, he's not one of the "coaches guys", the real competition begins until Perry arrives; he's probably feels at this point, it's not a level playing field and it's a foregone conclusion. And I'm almost certain that once the spring practice's completed, Richt at down with each QB gave them a reality check on where they stood.

I don't blame him for moving on and doing a reset while he has time.

You clowns are acting like Rick suddenly installed the triple option.

Allison quit because he couldn't beat out two bums. Get that through your heads. He quit because he didn't want to compete with Rosier and Shirreffs.

This narrative about the system suddenly changing is one being advanced by Allison's stage mom to make it seem like him and his son didn't quit as a RS Freshman in the middle of what should have been a winnable QB battle.

Thank you. Kaaya played in this exact offense last season and compared to him, Allison is Mike Vick. The Allison camp is trying to spin it as "they want a different type of quarterback". That may be the case in the long run but as of right now, there's no way he should have been falling behind two JAGs. It's not like Richt is telling him he has to be some All American, he just has to practice and scrimmage better than two guys who arguably aren't Miami scholarship caliber. He couldn't even do that so he's transferring. Maybe he can succeed in a different type of offense but I guarantee, if he goes to another P5 school, he's going to have to beat out guys better than Rosier and Shirreffs.

[MENTION=10043]SWFLSWAGG17[/MENTION]...
Say what you will about Kayya, he had his areas to work on, but if he weren't almost savant like with picking up offense he wouldn't have started.

"Savant like with picking up offense"?

That offense He ran as a freshman was basic as ****, He probably ran a more complex O in HS.

Don't forget the other 2 offenses he had down by end of spring each year making 3 systems in 3 years. More so I am referring to his overall intelligence. It is well documented & reported that his information retention & recall are off the charts. It's not an opinion, it's fact. Do you disagree with my actual point that picking up enough of the offense to competently start week 1 is not a foregone conclusion no matter how great his physical tools meet be? [MENTION=5939]CaneSince4Ever[/MENTION]

Rosier and Sherriffs make Ryan Williams look like Aaron Rodgers.

It won't even be a battle. Perry will start.

Perry might have had the easiest path to a starting QB position of a P5 team in the history of ever.....got the job before he ever stepped on campus cause CMR pretty much had his mind made up he was gonna be the guy......hope the kid is the goods and if he is can stay in one piece when he gets hit cause I'd hate to waste this top 10 D we will have this year.

Brad Kaaya had the red carpet VIP access to the starting QB position. There was no one but Ryan Williams to challenged and he got injurd.

Atleast N'Kosi Perry will have to actually compete for it even if all he has to do is show that he is atleast as good as Malik and Evans which wont be hard to do.

You dont think Coach Richt is keeping tabs with Perry making sure he's ready and prepared to win the job in the Summer?? he aint out there working with NFL starting QB Jameis Winston for fun.

Advertisement
Read the writing on the wall. No ill will to him, no need to sit behind N'Kosi the GOAT for the next 3 years.

WHY has everyone anointed this kid our starter and best quarterback in Miami since Dan Marino? It is incredibly difficult and rare for a freshman to just come in and start let alone be effective. ESPECIALLY in a conventional drop back pro-style offense. Say what you will about Kayya, he had his areas to work on, but if he weren't almost savant like with picking up offense he wouldn't have started. Jack Allison is the perfect example of how a great H.S. QB lacked the mental fortitude and quick thinking ability to make his mark on this team. Lets see him scrimage before we use words (or acronyms) like GOAT. It's disrespectful to guys like Sean Taylor.

I definitely agree with your premise that we need to have very tempered expectations regarding the idea of a true freshman coming in ready to play. But, the comparison to Jack Allison is a poor one. He was far from a "great H.S. QB". He was actually a very mediocre HS QB who was tall and had a strong arm so people saw potential

I don't get the Dee criticism. Seriously, the guy brings more to the board in his few posts than most of the other crap thrown on the wall around here. Busting balls is one thing but anything more is just hating. No insider is going to be 100% right. These are kids.....they are emotional and impulsive. Plus, some information out of programs (through those close to the program or from other players) are assumptions or personal opinions, which when cascaded down through friends, sounds like legit info. You just don't know.

My issue with Dee is more the way he treats guys on the team.

He claims to be (and I don't doubt) a former player who is tight with and has a lot of access to the program. Then he comes on here and talks non-stop **** about guys like Rosier, Redwine, etc. Pretty much saying how much they "suck" and how dare anyone question his evaluation.

Using his access to talk **** behind player's backs is pathetic and childish. Get that dude away from the program asap

At least I'll give you credit for having a legitimate beef. However alot of things in a text forum are "slightly mangled" in context. For instance it's not relevant to me How anyone else views people. I say my two cents which sometimes (granted) may be harsh & sometimes gets carried away by people like the clown posse twisting words from what they mean. Also non stop certainly doesn't apply to me. You have an issue that I express myself and I hold kids to a standard. That's your issue & you're entitled to it. But they are told the same things by their coaches,by their teammates,etc. Even by you all on here who simply won't put a name on it but about play calling rather than execution. That say such and such will transfer out next year because he's not our caliber... so it's cool to have an issue with how you feel I express myself just please don't be one of those dudes who does the same just on the sly...

Advertisement
Oh but at @Brooklyndee was all about him just needing time. A Jack vs Perry battle he said. Another whiff.

Wait til he comes back with "it was always the plan for N'kosi to take over".

Wait till your mother admits to you she was a ***** angel "wife" who was traded off multiple times for a kick stand...

Aw is someone a little salty. Take a nap

Nope.not in the least. I'm just anxious for her to admit that to you. Thanks for the idea though buddy.

714.gif

yes fully aware... so?
he left for same reason, opportunity. We have tons of grads who don't leave their last year. Sorry if you can't understand the analogy.

If you can't understand the difference between a grad transfer leaving for his final season and a redshirt freshman throwing in the towel in the middle of an open QB competition, I can't help you.

Throwing in the towel? If as many suggest, the system has changed to one he's not suited, he's not one of the "coaches guys", the real competition begins until Perry arrives; he's probably feels at this point, it's not a level playing field and it's a foregone conclusion. And I'm almost certain that once the spring practice's completed, Richt at down with each QB gave them a reality check on where they stood.

Allison quit because he couldn't beat out two bums. Get that through your heads. He quit because he didn't want to compete with Rosier and Shirreffs.

This narrative about the system suddenly changing is one being advanced by Allison's stage mom to make it seem like him and his son didn't quit as a RS Freshman in the middle of what should have been a winnable QB battle.

Thank you. Kaaya played in this exact offense last season and compared to him, Allison is Mike Vick. The Allison camp is trying to spin it as "they want a different type of quarterback". That may be the case in the long run but as of right now, there's no way he should have been falling behind two JAGs. It's not like Richt is telling him he has to be some All American, he just has to practice and scrimmage better than two guys who arguably aren't Miami scholarship caliber. He couldn't even do that so he's transferring. Maybe he can succeed in a different type of offense but I guarantee, if he goes to another P5 school, he's going to have to beat out guys better than Rosier and Shirreffs.

Why was he falling behind if his stats were better and he had the best tools of the group?

If you were at work and you saw other people who weren't accomplishing as much as you and weren't as talented as you, would you stay there if you found a better opportunity?

Why was he falling behind if his stats were better and he had the best tools of the group?

If you were at work and you saw other people who weren't accomplishing as much as you and weren't as talented as you, would you stay there if you found a better opportunity?

His stats in the last scrimmage were better because unlike Rosier and Shirreffs, he was going against the second and third team defense. I don't care what "tools" he has, the coaching staff has him ranked a clear third on the current roster. Behind two guys who really don't have any business being being first string P5 quarterbacks. Maybe an FCS school will offer less competition.

Advertisement
Back