Allen Bailey to Falcons

Those island people off the Georgia and South Carolina coasts are a fascinating story.

I think Jon Voight did one of his early movies about time teaching on one of the Islands. Maybe it was based on one of Pay Conroy's books.

I'm just guessing that Allen's life experience is very, very different from that of most athletes from Georgia. Probably had similarities to the culture of the Caribbeans. Maybe why he felt more drawn to South Florida than many other Georgia athletes.
You are VERY CORRECT. I worked in the county that Allen is from, and that island was its own world with its own culture.

Advertisement
**** bout fckn time my Falcons actually brought some talent to the defensive side of the ball... best Dlineman on the team already.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's in the league for 15 years.

Definitely in the top group of physically most gifted players on the team - ever - at Miami.

Advertisement
Why is Dan Quinn still a head coach corch?

He should’ve been fired.. I wanted him gone at least the last 2 years. He’s a defensive coach with no eye for defensive talent. It’s obvious Pete was the one that built the legion of boom in Seattle.

As far as the offense goes, the Falcons have one of the best in the NFL but can’t even create plays to score TDs inside the red zone.

He should’ve been fired.. I wanted him gone at least the last 2 years. He’s a defensive coach with no eye for defensive talent. It’s obvious Pete was the one that built the legion of boom in Seattle.

As far as the offense goes, the Falcons have one of the best in the NFL but can’t even create plays to score TDs inside the red zone.

I agree. Should have been fired 2 1/2 years ago. His performance in the Super Bowl was a fireable offense.

Advertisement
Looks as insanely intimidating as ever.

Screenshot_20190724-105212_Instagram.jpg

Advertisement
The dude grew up on an island with no electricity and wrestled Gators as a kid. He’s cut from another cloth and built like Zeus. One of the greatest 5 star pulls from OOS of all time.
I live on a island north of the island Bailey grew up on - Sapelo Island. There is electricity on Sapelo island but I'm not sure if the part of the island he grew up on, Hog Hammock, had or has electricity. I haven't been there. Been to da Gullah community on Dafuskie Island in South Carolina and know a gal who was one of Pat Conroy's students.

The Gullah community that Bailey grew up on Sapelo is endangered. The County more than tripled the taxes on the property in one year. Developers are behind it and want to force the island folk to move. I don't know if Bailey is helping finance the court battle over the property taxes. Hopefully he is. Developers not happy unless they own everything.
[/QUOTE]
Da%# man ... first they (developers & others) don't want it, then they want it. WTF!!!

Advertisement
He also had a healthy diet of Raccoon and I know I have told this story previously on here but still the scariest time I ever had while at UM was not stumbling across the rail road tracks hammered from the grove, was not getting lost and winding up at a block party in Opa-locka, but was the time I came back from class to see Mr. Bailey in my dorm room on the 7th floor of pearson lounging in my hot tub.

why the **** was he in your hot tub?

Advertisement
Back