All You Guys Who Want Golden Gone

I bet u all the people who want Golden to stay just to keep this class didn't care about losing Teddy when we fired Shannon, not to mention kids that transferred/ left early People also forget that Shannon's record improved for 3 strate years also and he did it against a more difficult schedule and was a first year head coach. Golden didn't beat MAC teams with winning records and he's not beating good teams here. people swear the team is in better position than with shannon and I bet y'all felt the same way in 08 when Randy was bringing in that #1 class. the right coach > a recruiting class of unknown kids. the fact that Golden is going into year 4 and we still need a bunch of freshman to contribute should tell u all u need to know. also Dorito is still employed. I wouldn't fire Golden this year (unless he keeps Dorito) but if he leaves I don't see it as a big loss. nobody seems to have any reason to keep Golden except for this recruiting class

VERY comparable situation, clearly. That's why Golden was being sought by Wisconsin last year, and is now a finalist or possibly PSU's new coach doubling his salary, and Shannon is coaching linebackers for the worst team in the SEC right now. Clearly the coaching world agrees with your comparison.

Advertisement
This thread is still going on? Lol.... Do you people realize this is the first year we arent under the death penalty basically? We still have a few ships taken away but this is the very first year after a death penalty.... We have so much work to do create depth get talent wake up people these kids werent alive when we were good right now fsu is it thier in the national title game with a qb that is far beyond his age .... Thankfully fla has **** the bed ..... And this miami recruits itself is such bull****... Maybe during the shannon epic collapse but not anymore reality check people wake up we have a way to go but we are heading in the roght direction

And another thing half you miami fans do you show uo to the **** games at all its a disgrace i grad from miami live back home in nj id love to be close to that stadium i wouldnt miss a game so instead of spending time running your mouths go to a few games

Death Penalty? We wasn't getting the death penalty... PSU is the closes thing to the death penalty... We were never going to get it if OSU and USC didn't... I mean we had a few players take meals and drinks, while those institutions were paying players... Come on now... All we had was a "cloud" but it wasn't as bad as those other two schools...

I bet u all the people who want Golden to stay just to keep this class didn't care about losing Teddy when we fired Shannon, not to mention kids that transferred/ left early People also forget that Shannon's record improved for 3 strate years also and he did it against a more difficult schedule and was a first year head coach. Golden didn't beat MAC teams with winning records and he's not beating good teams here. people swear the team is in better position than with shannon and I bet y'all felt the same way in 08 when Randy was bringing in that #1 class. the right coach > a recruiting class of unknown kids. the fact that Golden is going into year 4 and we still need a bunch of freshman to contribute should tell u all u need to know. also Dorito is still employed. I wouldn't fire Golden this year (unless he keeps Dorito) but if he leaves I don't see it as a big loss. nobody seems to have any reason to keep Golden except for this recruiting class

VERY comparable situation, clearly. That's why Golden was being sought by Wisconsin last year, and is now a finalist or possibly PSU's new coach doubling his salary, and Shannon is coaching linebackers for the worst team in the SEC right now. Clearly the coaching world agrees with your comparison.

Wisky wanted Golden? I didn't know that... Either way there records are the same... Both had their adversities and obstacles... Al had the cloud.... Shannon had the to fight against the stigma of the "thug U" image... I mean Pata's death, Willie Cooper being shot, and ST's death all had a negative affect on recruiting... I mean forget a bowl when you hear stories about athletes being shot or killed...

Last edited:

Wisky wanted Golden? I didn't know that... Either way there records are the same... Both had their adversities and obstacles... Al had the cloud.... Shannon had the to fight against the stigma of the "thug U" image... I mean Pata's death, Willie Cooper being shot, and ST's death all had a negative affect on recruiting... I mean forget a bowl when you hear stories about athletes being shot or killed...

You want to know the difference between Shannon and Golden, look at the recruiting classes. Shannon's last class was hot garbage. If Shannon had gotten a 5th year his last class would have been a dumpster fire.

I am not 100% convinced Al Golden will leads to back to the elite. I am not 100% sure he won't. What I am sure of is if he stays, in 2 years we will be a lot more talented team than we are now.

Da F*CK did Sean Taylor's death have to do with recruiting at UM?

Advertisement

Da F*CK did Sean Taylor's death have to do with recruiting at UM?

Hey you can have discussion without addressing me like that... ST's death only added fuel to the "thug" image of the program... It came like a little less than the year and many people pointed to that situation as the university being unsafe... No different than your assessment of a "death penalty"... If OSU and USC didn't get a death penalty then we wasn't... Both had issues even if you take into account of the brawl... Parents wanted to be assured their children would be safe and not fighting, getting shot at or killed...

You want to know the difference between Shannon and Golden, look at the recruiting classes. Shannon's last class was hot garbage. If Shannon had gotten a 5th year his last class would have been a dumpster fire.

I am not 100% convinced Al Golden will leads to back to the elite. I am not 100% sure he won't. What I am sure of is if he stays, in 2 years we will be a lot more talented team than we are now.

He has a stellar class right now coming in... An awesome class... But outside of a few players we don't know how talented his players are... In his first 2 classes he hardly has anyone remaining since they either transferred or kicked off...

Advertisement
I think it's crazy people are taking Valentine as a lock to UM if Golden stays. Many have expected him to wind up at LSU for weeks now.

No Coach, or recruit, are bigger than the program. It'd suck for recruiting, but we'd survive the loss of Golden.

Our fan base is a total clown show.

No, he's absolutely right, our fan base IS a clown show. You think its a coincidence that the ENTIRE COUNTRY laughs at our fanbase and calls it the worst in the country? We have a ton of front runners, cry babies and people who are still living in the mid 80s on here. How are you a "cancer" to the fanbase, because you acknowledge that we have some ridiculous fans who scream to fire every coach every 3 years or so when things arent going great? You think this is new?

Syracuse 1998 "Fire BOTCH DAVIS"
2003 "FIRE Larry Coker"
2009 "Fire Randy Shannon"
2013 "Fire Al Golden"

Golden had a 9 win season and has steadily imrproved. Yes, there are troubling issues that need to be addressed, and we all hope it gets fixed. But EVERYONE on here talked a lot of sh*t about how "we need to give this guy his 4 years" AT LEAST, after the mess Shannon left, and after the Shapiro disaster, so he could get his players in, get his system in place, and see if he could really rebuild this program. We just had a 9 win season, first bowl game in 3 years, and we are sitting on a top 5 recruiting class, and almost EVERY other post on these boards are trashing Golden, the staff, and calling for him to leave, to be fired, insulting him, etc.... Its played out and pathetic.

Yes, this season ended on a disappointing note. But at the beginning of the year, most people here would have agreed that a 9 win season with a bowl game was probably pretty realistic and fair. If you would have told me at the beginning of the year that we woudl LOSE Duke Johnson for the season, and that Morris would be injured half the season and have a TERRIBLE year, I would have been DELIGHTED with a 9 win season.

All these people screaming about how they hope Golden leaves, and dreaming about some super star coach, are going to be singing a real different tune when this class falls apart, and we end up with Mario Cristobal as HC.

I like this post.

Advertisement
i am upset at his silence but he has show he can develop the guys who have talent like tracy, denzel, duke, coley, flowers, mccord, etc. if he stays he will develop burns, carter, aqm, etc.

Advertisement
Back