All You Guys Who Want Golden Gone

Advertisement
The fact that Golden is considering bolting should tell you all you need to know about what he thinks of next year. After the heat he got for that sh*tshow at the bowl game, he realizes this team is going to lose a lot of games next year and then he will be on the hot seat the following year and he will have to fire Donofrio. With Penn State hed have a clean slate for 4-5 years.

Be careful what you wish for;

Andrew Lopez (@_Andrew_Lopez)
1/2/14, 10:38 AM
Valentine added that Al Golden to Penn State rumors not sitting well with him #Miami #LSU #Kentucky

He might not have delivered fast enough on the present for some of you but he is working on the future. Everyone of you who posted good riddance and "it doesn't matter if he goes", you reap what you sow.

What kind of nonsense is this? 1 recruit, 5 recruits, 25 recruits don't matter as much as getting the right head coach.

Valentine added that Al Golden to Penn State rumors not sitting well with him #Miami #LSU #Kentucky

He might not have delivered fast enough on the present for some of you but he is working on the future. Everyone of you who posted good riddance and "it doesn't matter if he goes", you reap what you sow.

What kind of nonsense is this? 1 recruit, 5 recruits, 25 recruits don't matter as much as getting the right head coach.

Enlighten me who the right coach would be in your eyes, I would love to know. Esp since our team is JAG city as it stands and we would lose half of the committed class we have...

Advertisement
This thread is still going on? Lol.... Do you people realize this is the first year we arent under the death penalty basically? We still have a few ships taken away but this is the very first year after a death penalty.... We have so much work to do create depth get talent wake up people these kids werent alive when we were good right now fsu is it thier in the national title game with a qb that is far beyond his age .... Thankfully fla has **** the bed ..... And this miami recruits itself is such bull****... Maybe during the shannon epic collapse but not anymore reality check people wake up we have a way to go but we are heading in the roght direction

And another thing half you miami fans do you show uo to the **** games at all its a disgrace i grad from miami live back home in nj id love to be close to that stadium i wouldnt miss a game so instead of spending time running your mouths go to a few games

Thomas, who is a highly rated four star prospect, says he would have to really think about his commitment to UM if Golden were to leave for Penn State. Thomas is not enrolling early and has schools like Florida State, Alabama, and LSU showing heavy interest.

“I don’t even know,” Thomas said. “That is something I would have to think about. That is a bullet that I wouldn’t be expecting. I would just have to think about things. I would sit back and see what I got to do.”

Last edited:
mike vukovcan ‏@mikevukkdka 14m
According to Phil Groz publisher of BWI, sources tell him Penn St has offered the job to Al Golden and he believes Golden will accept.
Retweeted by Mr. T []__[]

Now its the watch but I dont think GOlden goes

Just amazing to think that people could be so stupid as to not want a bad coach fired just to save a couple recruits. We don't know if these recruits will even qualify, much less come here and become impact players. Recruits become busts all the time. There is no guarantee that any of these kids will be difference makers here. And certainly not to the extent that its worth sacrificing another year with a bad coach.

Just incredibly stupid people and stupid logic for wanting him to stay. Nobody even knows if these recruits will ever even pan out.

Advertisement

Enlighten me who the right coach would be in your eyes, I would love to know. Esp since our team is JAG city as it stands and we would lose half of the committed class we have...

I don't know.

History has shown with other coaching changes that we won't lose half the class. We'll lose a couple guys but a new coach will come in and salvage most of the class.

Just amazing to think that people could be so stupid as to not want a bad coach fired just to save a couple recruits. We don't know if these recruits will even qualify, much less come here and become impact players. Recruits become busts all the time. There is no guarantee that any of these kids will be difference makers here. And certainly not to the extent that its worth sacrificing another year with a bad coach.

Just incredibly stupid people and stupid logic for wanting him to stay. Nobody even knows if these recruits will ever even pan out.
Nobody would know if you brought another hc in. If he were to stay and gets a good dc we get to 10 wins. We were at 9 with so much ****ed up this year so a better defensive coach wont win us 1 more game? Seriously think

Who cares about recruiting at this point if your coach can't bring them to their true potential. I bet Butch Davis would take 4 years of a top 25 recruiting class to a NC over all Goldens tops 5 class to a crappy bowl and get blown out to a team in the AAC.

Nobody would know if you brought another hc in. If he were to stay and gets a good dc we get to 10 wins. We were at 9 with so much ****ed up this year so a better defensive coach wont win us 1 more game? Seriously think

we had 9 wins with 6 teams with losing schedules ...

Advertisement
Just for fun let look Art Briles First three (3) years at Houston:
7–6
3–8
6–6

First three (3) years at Baylor:
4–8
4–8
7-6

Mark Dantonio first three (3) years at Michigan State:
7–6
9-4
6-7

Half this board would be scream to have those two fired. Now they would probably give their first born from either Briles or Dantonio to coach Miami.

In most cases it takes time to rebuild. Occasionally, like Auburn you catch lighting in a bottle. But those are rare.

I'd rather Al stay and continue to bring in talent so that if he continues to underachieve the next guy can inherit a talented team. He leaves now and this class falls apart, which usually happens when a head coach leaves. We will be waiting another 4 or 5 years before we can even think about a BCS bowl.

The difference is huge between the 2 art briles is a offensive guru while al is good for nothing but recruiting

7–6
3–8
6–6

4–8
4–8
7-6

7–6
9-4
6-7

Half this board would be scream to have those two fired. Now they would probably give their first born from either Briles or Dantonio to coach Miami.

In most cases it takes time to rebuild. Occasionally, like Auburn you catch lighting in a bottle. But those are rare.

I'd rather Al stay and continue to bring in talent so that if he continues to underachieve the next guy can inherit a talented team. He leaves now and this class falls apart, which usually happens when a head coach leaves. We will be waiting another 4 or 5 years before we can even think about a BCS bowl.

The difference is huge between the 2 art briles is a offensive guru while al is good for nothing but recruiting

...according to you anyway. I'm sure if Briles had been here, with those results, you'd have called for his head.

we had 9 wins with 6 teams with losing schedules ...

And Don't forget could have and probably should have lost Wake, UNC, and UF games. We were a lot closer to going .500 than we were to winning 10 games. We need change.

Advertisement
7–6
3–8
6–6

4–8
4–8
7-6

7–6
9-4
6-7

...according to you anyway. I'm sure if Briles had been here, with those results, you'd have called for his head.

"What good is an offensive guru if we can't outscore anybody?"

Dude....you are talking about Michigan State and Baylor. We are talking about Miami. Michigan state is a Honda....the Miami program is a freaking Ferrarri.

Even if we are a Ferrarri we are a Ferrarri that Coker crashed and Shannon set on fire. We are finally start to get back to the depth and talent we need to be an elite program. Golden leaves we are rebuilding again which means another 4 to 5 years before we can sniff the BCS.

7–6
3–8
6–6

4–8
4–8
7-6

7–6
9-4
6-7

Art Briles was a High School coach before he got the Houston job. If Miami hired a high school coach who was an offensive guru and he went 6-6, fans on this board would want his house burned down.

I bet u all the people who want Golden to stay just to keep this class didn't care about losing Teddy when we fired Shannon, not to mention kids that transferred/ left early People also forget that Shannon's record improved for 3 strate years also and he did it against a more difficult schedule and was a first year head coach. Golden didn't beat MAC teams with winning records and he's not beating good teams here. people swear the team is in better position than with shannon and I bet y'all felt the same way in 08 when Randy was bringing in that #1 class. the right coach > a recruiting class of unknown kids. the fact that Golden is going into year 4 and we still need a bunch of freshman to contribute should tell u all u need to know. also Dorito is still employed. I wouldn't fire Golden this year (unless he keeps Dorito) but if he leaves I don't see it as a big loss. nobody seems to have any reason to keep Golden except for this recruiting class

Advertisement
Back