All time Favorite UM Player name

Advertisement
Advertisement
Albert Bentley is a possibility. Had a flooring company in Naples. Good guy
Yeah...Albert was born in Naples...think he went to school in Immokalee....But you'd think Tony would know if its him...Smokey Roan or Chris Hobbs...maybe just a HS Kid...

Advertisement
Goolius Boozler, former Miami punter, and Hurricane HOF legend
ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Advertisement
Nobody ran with Shipman for 40yds...N.O.B.O.D.Y
@dsddcane They think Hester...Hill...Kevin Williams...etc were fast...Lol....Shipman would leave them in a 40....
That kid, Tory Mitchell, from Texas was probably faster than any of 'em. He stayed for a year and transferred to Texas Tech. Murdered ten or so years ago.

We had a very fast kid from Washington DC whom we recruited in mid-80's. For some reason he didn't stick with football: Robert Thomas.

Mitchell and Thomas were legitimate track guys, very fast.

I wonder if Shipman could beat them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Here's another Beauty....Jim Kelly and I think Speedy Neal at GreenTree in 81....Not sure if its Speedy or not....I just texted Tony Fitzpatrick and asked him...waiting on his response....View attachment 84410
I love the Australian pines in the background. Now that they've been declared invasive, its hard to find any around anymore. They used to be everywhere. Reminds me of the good old days.

Speaking of names Rusty Medearis was one of college footballs all time best rush DE. Dude was from the Ozarks and certainly had a motor. Tragic Career ending knee injury, one of my all time favorites.
I was going to say rusty but you beat me to that .I was at the game when he got injured they were carrying him off on a stretcher he stopped them half way and walked to the locker room. The crowd went nuts. He later said there was no way he was getting carried off

Advertisement
Back