All reports on Diaz

Advertisement
Bruh; lol…u think 17/18 kid is coming in swole? Lol. Look at his frame; he’s got a frame to pack on a good 40lbs, easy. No he’s not going to just come in and start; but a proper S&C will have him right.

So what we don’t have: good coaching and training

Guarantee this dude will look like Christian Bale in The Machinist when Manny is done with him

Attachments

• 2CD0BEFE-AB39-485F-9B46-F6BB0A2003AC.png
    2CD0BEFE-AB39-485F-9B46-F6BB0A2003AC.png
    151.1 KB · Views: 9
Advertisement
Well yeah it could be. But even if Manny got another year and got fired after, if Likens has the chance to be an OC at Miami over SMU which one do you think he’s gonna choose? We all know if Manny is back that’s who would be our OC because no one else is going to want to come. Likens puts a good product on the field offensively with TVD at the helm he moves up the ladder a lot quicker than as OC at SMU
SMU would be job stability. If Manny stays, Manny is on the hot seat which puts him on the hot seat.

Well yeah it could be. But even if Manny got another year and got fired after, if Likens has the chance to be an OC at Miami over SMU which one do you think he’s gonna choose? We all know if Manny is back that’s who would be our OC because no one else is going to want to come. Likens puts a good product on the field offensively with TVD at the helm he moves up the ladder a lot quicker than as OC at SMU
I honestly don’t know which he would pick. A lot of things can factor into it. Like difference in pay, guaranteed money or whether or not he respects Manny or thinks he’s a clueless clown that he doesn’t want to risk his future on. He could look at SMU and think maybe it won’t be as impressive as if I had a phenomenal year at Miami but I can have good offensive success there for 2 years then get hired at a more prestigious football school with more job security than risk having to uproot my family after 1 year and God forbid things don’t go as well as planned then probably ended up OC or WR coach at a similar G5 working my way back. My point was just because they leave doesn’t automatically mean Manny is getting fired.

My theory:

You don’t let a guy go in home with recruits if you have your final pieces in place (Mario or Lane).

You don’t need an AD to fire the coach. As an admin (BOT, President, etc) - if you have already determined to move on from the coach, you would’ve fired him today.

Sounds like if option 1 or 2 - okay, if option 1 says no 20 times, I believe this admin will skip on option 2 (Lane) and bring back Manny. Why? Politics, favors and ineptness.

Likens gets promoted to OC, Schoop to DC and that’s how it will go in 2022 as I turn in my season tix & donations and stop paying attention.
I’m shook after reading that b/c I think there is a strong possibility of this happening.

Then we proceed to get throttled by A&M, drop 4 or 5 games with loses to Virgina, NC and some other ****** ACC teams. Have a the 75th ranked recruiting class and be in a worse position then we are today.

Advertisement
Implication amd nuance is such a lost art these days...

I agree with you 100% AD is a critical hire for Miami. My comment ws addressing, even if Sammy Janko himself returns, Diaz might still get at least another season.

Imagine this scenario...

New AD arrives that is what we all dream of.. Einstein and Ghengis Khan incarnate. By timing and whatnot, Diaz remains as HC 2022. Our dream AD DAW SAVAGE gets/forces a top notch OC and DC (plus position coaches) to support Manuela.

Our Canes win the Mighty Corstal*...

Hello HC Manuela in 2023, and 2024.

Sleep tight kiddies.

*YES i fücking intentionally misspelled it
giphy.gif

I think the concern people are showing is spurred on by the fact that other schools have made quick moves. UF fired their coach and hired a new one before we've gotten rid of Manny. The UM of the west pulled off a coup and hired one of the top coaches in CFB.

People are impatient because there's been little perceived movement on our end.

All in all, this doesn't matter. Cristobal is our #1 candidate when Manny is canned and he's not coming before next week. I also doubt that Mario isn't at least interested, otherwise, he could've squashed the rumors at any point. He also doesn't need any outside leverage for his contract, since he was already extended. My feeling is that Mario has communicated to Miami one way or the other whether he would come.
Quick or fast resolution doesn’t give/get results. For now we have to wait & see what happens. Come 7-10 days & no action then concern may be valid

Advertisement
I’m shook after reading that b/c I think there is a strong possibility of this happening.

Then we proceed to get throttled by A&M, drop 4 or 5 games with loses to Virgina, NC and some other ****** ACC teams. Have a the 75th ranked recruiting class and be in a worse position then we are today.
That’s what I’ve been trying to tell people. Recruiting this year, 2023 & 24 done with Manny here. This success is all smoke & mirrors. Not sustainable. Not real. Why I was rooting for losses (exchange 1 bad year for change). Now it’s possible we get Manny for this year & beyond. All to appease the dikks, power, egos and political favors to some.

I think Mario coming here happens. I want to tell people to Chilax but I won’t because the power struggle is a real thing. Who knows what will happen.

The head coach can only have one at home visit to any recruit.

Honest question about that. If a coach is fired, does that mean a new head coach can still do one home visit as well? I hope that's not one visit that's allocated to the school itself.

Advertisement
3 pages and I'm the one who has to point out the lady in orange? Y'all slipping..can anyone zoom in and see what slides she's wearing?

Advertisement
Back