All reports on Diaz

Advertisement
@Rellyrell. This pic right here should answer your question about why UM has size issues when we play other schools. That young man is a " linebacker " at no more than 190 at best in that pic. What do you really want a S&C coach to do with that??? Again I'm not going at you I'm showing you the size of these recruits in Florida. Also I'm not saying he's garbage I'm saying he's really tiny for a linebacker.
Jon Vilma wasn't big in high school either. I get what you're saying, but we've never been known for having the biggest players.. you just need them at the right positions

Jon Vilma wasn't big in high school either. I get what you're saying, but we've never been known for having the biggest players.. you just need them at the right positions
I get that what I'm saying is a portion of our fanbase doesn't understand that when you recruit tiny atheletes they don't have much room to add size. The flip side to this is if you don't recruit him his school and the fanbase go nuts

Last edited:
He better have beasts in front of him that give him space and not Manny coaching. WB film is pretty decent....think he's like a four star. But we recruited that position so bad he's basically a 6 star for us.

Advertisement
@Rellyrell. This pic right here should answer your question about why UM has size issues when we play other schools. That young man is a " linebacker " at no more than 190 at best in that pic. What do you really want a S&C coach to do with that??? Again I'm not going at you I'm showing you the size of these recruits in Florida. Also I'm not saying he's garbage I'm saying he's really tiny for a linebacker.

Wasn't going to say it, but then again he's that type of newer LB'er that drops back in coverage a lot due to teams putting 4 and 5 out wide regularly.

You ever wonder what strength and conditioning is like at a S. FL high school is, here's another example. He looks more like a safety than a linebacker and that isn't his fault. Halfway through his first year somewhere people will wonder why he isn't starting, labeling him a bust, sayomf he was overrated, etc. None of that is his fault, talent is there, but his body will need work.

For all his faults, Manny is one of the best off seesun coaches there is. R-E-L-A-X Manny got this.
pisces_6.gif

Wasn't going to say it, but then again he's that type of newer LB'er that drops back in coverage a lot due to teams putting 4 and 5 out wide regularly.

You ever wonder what strength and conditioning is like at a S. FL high school is, here's another example. He looks more like a safety than a linebacker and that isn't his fault. Halfway through his first year somewhere people will wonder why he isn't starting, labeling him a bust, sayomf he was overrated, etc. None of that is his fault, talent is there, but his body will need work.
Looks like a receiver at best his body needs ALOT development but the CIS souts will call a coach out for not just throwing him out there and playing Ragone over him. By the way Ragone looks prepared and does his job every time I see him play. I'm not saying he's a starter type but he does his job

My theory:

You don’t let a guy go in home with recruits if you have your final pieces in place (Mario or Lane).

You don’t need an AD to fire the coach. As an admin (BOT, President, etc) - if you have already determined to move on from the coach, you would’ve fired him today.

Sounds like if option 1 or 2 - okay, if option 1 says no 20 times, I believe this admin will skip on option 2 (Lane) and bring back Manny. Why? Politics, favors and ineptness.

Likens gets promoted to OC, Schoop to DC and that’s how it will go in 2022 as I turn in my season tix & donations and stop paying attention.
Likens is headed to SMU with Lashlee I believe

Advertisement
There is a paradox at play here. If we get DAW SAVAGE AD, then Manny is gone regardless of the timing/circumstances, because such a man-beast simply could not be stopped from doing what needs to be done. If our new, purportedly DAW SAVAGE AD keeps Manny, then he isn't a savage AD, for any truly savage would not be saddled with the likes of Diaz under any circumstances.

This knowledge won't help me sleep any better, but it will decide what I do when season ticket renewals come up.
Are you saying AD DAW SAVAGE gives Manuela an RKO or Tombstone finishing move as he is walking up to the podium at the introductory press conference?

I'm liking where this is headed.

Advertisement
I think the concern people are showing is spurred on by the fact that other schools have made quick moves. UF fired their coach and hired a new one before we've gotten rid of Manny. The UM of the west pulled off a coup and hired one of the top coaches in CFB.

People are impatient because there's been little perceived movement on our end.

All in all, this doesn't matter. Cristobal is our #1 candidate when Manny is canned and he's not coming before next week. I also doubt that Mario isn't at least interested, otherwise, he could've squashed the rumors at any point. He also doesn't need any outside leverage for his contract, since he was already extended. My feeling is that Mario has communicated to Miami one way or the other whether he would come.
Mario's contract was extended automatically. It as a one year add-on based on performance. He is still under his base contract.

Hopefully you are right and Oregon does not issue a real contract extension with an increase in pay from his $4.75M per year contract. If they do, he's not coming here.....same for Lane at Ole Miss. The longer Miami doesn't reach out, the likelier those 2 options will NOT be available.

That and it could also mean they don’t want to tie their future to a lame duck coach.
Well yeah it could be. But even if Manny got another year and got fired after, if Likens has the chance to be an OC at Miami over SMU which one do you think he’s gonna choose? We all know if Manny is back that’s who would be our OC because no one else is going to want to come. Likens puts a good product on the field offensively with TVD at the helm he moves up the ladder a lot quicker than as OC at SMU

Wasn't Lashlee taking pretty much the entire offensive staff with him to SMU? Unless they're all getting promotion titles, that doesn't happen if the HC is staying.
Unless the HC sucks and is a dead Man walking next year

Advertisement
if it’s true that mannys contract falls in payment to the tune of a couple of million just waiting till Wednesday why wouldn’t you do that?

That’s a very quality assistant that is paid for the year with that money

Bruh; lol…u think 17/18 kid is coming in swole? Lol. Look at his frame; he’s got a frame to pack on a good 40lbs, easy. No he’s not going to just come in and start; but a proper S&C will have him right.

Advertisement
Back