All reports on Diaz

LoyalCane24

Junior
...mean absolutely nothing. Stop comparing us to other programs firing and hiring coaches. We have no athletic director at the moment so we are in a completely different situation. If we hire a decent AD Diaz will be gone and things will take care of themselves. I don't understand why people are speculating about him staying when he has no boss to evaluate him. IF we hire another clown for AD then by all means panic but for now there is nothing to get worked up over.

Advertisement
The longer this drags out, with early signing period, the less likely we fire Diaz this year. That will lead to another pointless year. He won’t be able to get a good OC with everyone knowing he’s on the hot seat.
I couldn't care less about Diaz or recruiting at the moment. This AD hire is the most important hire in the last decade. If we hire the right guy there is no chance Diaz is here next year.

Advertisement
I think the concern people are showing is spurred on by the fact that other schools have made quick moves. UF fired their coach and hired a new one before we've gotten rid of Manny. The UM of the west pulled off a coup and hired one of the top coaches in CFB.

People are impatient because there's been little perceived movement on our end.

All in all, this doesn't matter. Cristobal is our #1 candidate when Manny is canned and he's not coming before next week. I also doubt that Mario isn't at least interested, otherwise, he could've squashed the rumors at any point. He also doesn't need any outside leverage for his contract, since he was already extended. My feeling is that Mario has communicated to Miami one way or the other whether he would come.

The longer this drags out, with early signing period, the less likely we fire Diaz this year. That will lead to another pointless year. He won’t be able to get a good OC with everyone knowing he’s on the hot seat.

You just made this entire theory up out of thin air.

Advertisement
...mean absolutely nothing. Stop comparing us to other programs firing and hiring coaches. We have no athletic director at the moment so we are in a completely different situation. If we hire a decent AD Diaz will be gone and things will take care of themselves. I don't understand why people are speculating about him staying when he has no boss to evaluate him. IF we hire another clown for AD then by all means panic but for now there is nothing to get worked up over.
That's where you wrong. The president and BOT can fire Diaz. The new AD did not hire him so why is it him who have to fire or evaluate him? The people at the top should be able to tell if Diaz has done a good job or not. And also if they have the money and will to pursue someone to show they are serious about winning like they have been saying.

Advertisement
That's where you wrong. The president and BOT can fire Diaz. The new AD did not hire him so why is it him who have to fire or evaluate him? The people at the top should be able to tell if Diaz has done a good job or not. And also if they have the money and will to pursue someone to show they are serious about winning like they have been saying.
Yes and they have chosen to keep him. They will not bring in a new AD and tell him "you can come but we did your job and decided to keep Manny Diaz"

Diaz really in recruit’s homes? Miami really letting him lie to these kids? Unless… he’s staying.
It was reported in the Athletic that he's told recruits that he can't promise he'll be back next year. Absolutely wild to me that UM would let a potential lame-duck coach go out and recruit, but he's not gone yet so he has to do something.

True, read something earlier that they will probably fire Diaz before the AD is hired.

Advertisement
We didn’t fire Blake James as the first reaction to the FSU loss to keep Manny Diaz as coach. If the poor performance of the football program was NOT the main reason to fire Blake James, then there was no reason to fire him on Monday post FSU. They could have waited until the end of the season to avoid distractions from Diaz who they apparently have enough respect for to let him finish the season out.

Firing James post FSU loss means Manny is done. We need to stop stressing.

I couldn't care less about Diaz or recruiting at the moment. This AD hire is the most important hire in the last decade. If we hire the right guy there is no chance Diaz is here next year.
True but 2 weeks after firing our AD when we should be finalizing the hire we are still determining whether we can interview certain candidates without our search firm quitting while having politically entrenched BOT members actively trying to undermine the process by leaking to self serving narratives to the media. Needless to say the process is not inspiring a lot of confidence right now. Hopefully it changes and quickly.

Advertisement
Back