All reports on Diaz

Advertisement
It was reported in the Athletic that he's told recruits that he can't promise he'll be back next year. Absolutely wild to me that UM would let a potential lame-duck coach go out and recruit, but he's not gone yet so he has to do something.
What good could he possibly do being out on the trail? Unbelievable. He’ll cause more damage if anything.

Diaz really in recruit’s homes? Miami really letting him lie to these kids? Unless… he’s staying.
Manny hasn’t been able to wipe that shït eating grin off his face the last 24 hours that says “I know something you don’t” and that something is he’s coming back for another year. Hopefully he’s as clueless when it comes to his future as he is with his coaching.

I don't have to. If we fail on this hire I will spend my free time doing productive things instead of following canes football.
Implication amd nuance is such a lost art these days...

I agree with you 100% AD is a critical hire for Miami. My comment ws addressing, even if Sammy Janko himself returns, Diaz might still get at least another season.

Imagine this scenario...

New AD arrives that is what we all dream of.. Einstein and Ghengis Khan incarnate. By timing and whatnot, Diaz remains as HC 2022. Our dream AD DAW SAVAGE gets/forces a top notch OC and DC (plus position coaches) to support Manuela.

Our Canes win the Mighty Corstal*...

Hello HC Manuela in 2023, and 2024.

Sleep tight kiddies.

*YES i fücking intentionally misspelled it

What good could he possibly do being out on the trail? Unbelievable. He’ll cause more damage if anything.
For Manny, he's going to pound the pavement. He wants to project stability and continuity. He's got our players tweeting out support for him and I guarantee you he's calling in every favor to stay on.

It's obvious that no decision has been made, definitively, on his future. While I think he will ultimately get fired it's evident that UM wants a rock-solid plan in place if/when he's fired.

Advertisement
Can we at least get an official date when we can be worried?

It’s been just one more week since Michigan State…

But Cyber Monday, but the buyout Wednesday, but the Pac12 championship game…..

Prepare yourself for massive disappointment.
I hear what you’re saying but I believe Frenk was woken up by the national spot light turned on by KH and will make changes. I’m sure there are factors outside of his control that are slowing things down but the track lever was pulled towards a new direction. Whether we end up scoring a TD with the hires, we’ll have to wait and see. However, Frenk understands that failure is not an option and that he and his team are on the clock. Have a drink, smoke whatever you are into and enjoy the journey. We might be pleasantly surprised. Go Canes!

Advertisement
...mean absolutely nothing. Stop comparing us to other programs firing and hiring coaches. We have no athletic director at the moment so we are in a completely different situation. If we hire a decent AD Diaz will be gone and things will take care of themselves. I don't understand why people are speculating about him staying when he has no boss to evaluate him. IF we hire another clown for AD then by all means panic but for now there is nothing to get worked up over.
Firing Diaz should have nothing to do with not having an AD at this moment.
It's not even fair to hire an AD and make him fire Diaz. The new AD should be part of hiring the next coach and be part of the future. What happened with Diaz is the past and the University should remove that problem irrelevant if the AD is in place or not. JMO
If our administration has decided Diaz is done they should remove tho option for the new AD to keep him.

Diaz really in recruit’s homes? Miami really letting him lie to these kids? Unless… he’s staying.
My theory:

You don’t let a guy go in home with recruits if you have your final pieces in place (Mario or Lane).

You don’t need an AD to fire the coach. As an admin (BOT, President, etc) - if you have already determined to move on from the coach, you would’ve fired him today.

Sounds like if option 1 or 2 - okay, if option 1 says no 20 times, I believe this admin will skip on option 2 (Lane) and bring back Manny. Why? Politics, favors and ineptness.

Likens gets promoted to OC, Schoop to DC and that’s how it will go in 2022 as I turn in my season tix & donations and stop paying attention.

Advertisement
It was reported in the Athletic that he's told recruits that he can't promise he'll be back next year. Absolutely wild to me that UM would let a potential lame-duck coach go out and recruit, but he's not gone yet so he has to do something.
Of course he needs to recruit. These visits are pre scheduled. Should he just cancel everything and in essence fire himself. He knows his odds are low but he hasn't been fired. So until then it's business as usual.

I think we are too late to the table now. We see what’s for dinner next year.

Smart AD keeps Diaz for a one year free trial. Gets to taste the goods without paying for them.

Diaz is like a cuck boyfriend/husband who his woman told him to leave the house since she has a new man but he refuses to and keeps cleaning,cooking,getting the kids ready for school until the new dude moves in and kicks him out.Dude has no pride.

Advertisement
Implication amd nuance is such a lost art these days...

I agree with you 100% AD is a critical hire for Miami. My comment ws addressing, even if Sammy Janko himself returns, Diaz might still get at least another season.

Imagine this scenario...

New AD arrives that is what we all dream of.. Einstein and Ghengis Khan incarnate. By timing and whatnot, Diaz remains as HC 2022. Our dream AD DAW SAVAGE gets/forces a top notch OC and DC (plus position coaches) to support Manuela.

Our Canes win the Mighty Corstal*...

Hello HC Manuela in 2023, and 2024.

Sleep tight kiddies.

*YES i fücking intentionally misspelled it

There is a paradox at play here. If we get DAW SAVAGE AD, then Manny is gone regardless of the timing/circumstances, because such a man-beast simply could not be stopped from doing what needs to be done. If our new, purportedly DAW SAVAGE AD keeps Manny, then he isn't a savage AD, for any truly savage would not be saddled with the likes of Diaz under any circumstances.

This knowledge won't help me sleep any better, but it will decide what I do when season ticket renewals come up.

Wasn't Lashlee taking pretty much the entire offensive staff with him to SMU? Unless they're all getting promotion titles, that doesn't happen if the HC is staying.

@Rellyrell. This pic right here should answer your question about why UM has size issues when we play other schools. That young man is a " linebacker " at no more than 190 at best in that pic. What do you really want a S&C coach to do with that??? Again I'm not going at you I'm showing you the size of these recruits in Florida. Also I'm not saying he's garbage I'm saying he's really tiny for a linebacker.

Advertisement
Back