Alin Edouard update

He seems as committed to Miami as Miami is to him.

LOL, right. .....lemme show you just how dumb b1tches in America truly are. Didn't want Teddy Bridgewater because he's from S. Florida and "resembled" Jacory Harris. Want Brad Kaaya because he's from the west coast and "resembles" Colin Kaepernick (sp?). That's pop culture at its finest right there...

Teddy is leading his team and straight balling right now...obviously not a "Jacory clone". Looks fooled us. Will Kaaya play the way he "looks"....or will looks fool us yet again? Remains to be seen. LOL.

What nonsense. You seem to be one of those "fans" who thinks that we have to offer every Miami-Dade kid and gets upset if we take an OOS kid instead. The excitement about Kaaya has nothing to do with how he looks. It has to do with his skill set (an accurate strong-armed pocket passer who can run...which fits our system better than a dual-threat with questionable accuracy but a great arm), the fact that we got him while he was flying under the radar, but since then he's excelled at camp and has gotten wider recognition, and finally, the fact that he is genuinely excited about being a Hurricane and is showing that he will go all out for the team. Alin is a very talented athlete who COULD be a great QB but definitely is raw. Would love for him to come here and give it his best shot. But if he wants to play in a spread offense, that's fine, but it's not UM, so decommit already and don't try to make it out like Miami is at fault. If he wants to be the only QB taken, that's fine too, but then decommit already and don't get upset that UM is taking other QBs (which they've always said they would do). If he wants to be a Hurricane, show it. His record of tweets and interview comments pro-Miami vs. pro any other school is about 1 to 10.

Advertisement
LOL....funny we are questioning this "kid's" "leadership", but completely gloss over Olsen's recent "missteps"- a kid a full year older, mind you. But he's haled as "baby Jesus" or the "second coming", etc..

Also, I find it funny that Teddy Bridgwater pretty much got the same treatment that this kid's getting...you know, "is he a QB?"..."is he a leader?"..."can he play under center?"..."he looks like Jacory-DO NOT WANT", etc..

Now we are all over Kaaya's d1ck...a kid who didn't even have a single offer from a single power program on the west coast...yet he's Miami's "third coming"? LMAO.

Look, my point is that we don't know what a kid will turn out to be. We don't know if Olsen, Kaaya, or Alin will turn out to be ****? So why bash any of these kids? Let them come in and compete. Simple. Whomever wins the job will get the full support of real Canes fans. Let's not turn Alin E. into another Teddy Bridgewater situation- kid goes elswhere and completely balls the fck out...while we are sweating whether or not we can beat Florida with a senior QB and nearly everyone returning on O and D....Da fck outta here with that bullsh1t.....

What is funny about the questions on Teddy B? You answered your own query there. That ALL had to do with Jacory. Teddy B looked like a Jacory clone, and Jacory was turning out to be a massive disappointment here. Even so, most here werent cheering when he bailed on us. Most of us wanted him in the program, but he decided to bail after we got rid of Shannon.

Jacory is the all time leading passer in UM history, right?...don't think Teddy B threw that many interceptions in HS? or at Louisville thusfar???...don't remember the kid's maturity level or leadership being in question (i.e. wearing Sponge Bob gear, etc.)?...don't remember the kid fck'g up and getting into trouble? So.. in what way, exactly, was this kid a "Jacory clone"? Physical similarities??? LMAO. Right. There were those that railed against the kid because they were so disenchanted with Harris, they immediately turned their ire on this kid simply because he physically resembled Harris. Troof. Sad.

Shannon sucked ***. Why wouldn't the kid come to his "dream school " under new, fresh leadership? Oh yeah, that's right....Teddy B was a "slurper" who only wanted to play for a black coach or some dumb, unsubstantiated **** like that....(rolls eyes). No, the kid didn't come because Internet "fans" ran the poor kid off...because of how he "looks". (@#&!)

My point is as it has always been- stop bashing recruits (especially those already committed to us for Christ sakes [face palm]) because it has been proven over and over again that these kids read these boards. Moreover, stop running talent off simply because they are not shaking pom poms over the freakin' Internet. It's not this kid's job to recruit other kids, it's the freakin' coaches job to do that....Amirite or wrong? Furthermore, you, I, nor anyone else on this here message board actually knows whether or not this kid is talking to other recruits or not-FACT. So let's kill the bullsh1t tagline of "this kid's not recruiting for us" until there's proof that illustrates the contrary.

Sorry, but when a recruit is constantly tweeting about and talking in interviews about how much "love" other schools are giving him and how he's a "soft" commit at UM and how he wants to play in a spread offense (then lists schools of interest), while never tweeting or stating in interviews about being excited about going to UM or how he can't wait to come in and be a part of the team, it naturally leads one to believe that he's not very "committed" or interested at all.

NEWSFLASH: Noone is truly "committed" until they sign on the dotted line...and ****, not even then! (see M. Thomas). We have to show kids we want them. Period. We collectively sucked off Matt Thomas and Alex Collins- one of which had to be forced to even visit the fckg school and the other decommitted and gave us his *** to kiss repeatedly, yet we still showed up in *** *** T-shirts with *** *** signs at UM sporting events and chanted *** *** chants to get these *** *** n1&&@z to come here (Al Golden included). Is Alin E. getting anywhere near this type of attention??? Even though he has shown the greatest level of "committment" by being...well....committed? LMAO. Yet fans are willing to run the young man off because he isn't doing exactly what most of you all "say" you are against- sucking off "premadonnas" who feel they are "entitled" and don't "bleed Orange and Green".

Dumbest. ****. Ever. L-M-M-F-A-O.

No, we are willing to let him leave if he's going to constantly talk about how this, that, and the other is what he wants, and it's NEVER about UM. Bottom line is no recruit we've had in a long time has spent more time talking up other schools, pointing out how well he fits at other schools, and showing zero interest in UM other than as a placeholder while he finds a place he likes better. I don't want to run him off. But he's giving every indication that he's got one foot out the door. How can a fan get excited about a "commit" like that?

He seems as committed to Miami as Miami is to him.

LOL, right. .....lemme show you just how dumb b1tches in America truly are. Didn't want Teddy Bridgewater because he's from S. Florida and "resembled" Jacory Harris. Want Brad Kaaya because he's from the west coast and "resembles" Colin Kaepernick (sp?). That's pop culture at its finest right there...

Teddy is leading his team and straight balling right now...obviously not a "Jacory clone". Looks fooled us. Will Kaaya play the way he "looks"....or will looks fool us yet again? Remains to be seen. LOL.

What nonsense. You seem to be one of those "fans" who thinks that we have to offer every Miami-Dade kid and gets upset if we take an OOS kid instead. The excitement about Kaaya has nothing to do with how he looks. It has to do with his skill set (an accurate strong-armed pocket passer who can run...which fits our system better than a dual-threat with questionable accuracy but a great arm), the fact that we got him while he was flying under the radar, but since then he's excelled at camp and has gotten wider recognition, and finally, the fact that he is genuinely excited about being a Hurricane and is showing that he will go all out for the team. Alin is a very talented athlete who COULD be a great QB but definitely is raw. Would love for him to come here and give it his best shot. But if he wants to play in a spread offense, that's fine, but it's not UM, so decommit already and don't try to make it out like Miami is at fault. If he wants to be the only QB taken, that's fine too, but then decommit already and don't get upset that UM is taking other QBs (which they've always said they would do). If he wants to be a Hurricane, show it. His record of tweets and interview comments pro-Miami vs. pro any other school is about 1 to 10.

Not at all. I'm just a proponent of bringing in enough talent to let it all shake out in the wash. QBs are the most "bustable" guys on any team. Don't get it twisted, I like Kaaya..seems to have a very solid skill set, but he is suseptable to bust just like any other recruit- especially being rated a 2 star or whatever he was rated when he signed. Thus, we need all the talent we can get at the position....and we definately shouldn't run off talent because they aren't all over Twitter, shaking pom poms! LOL.

Furthermore, show me one big time recruit not named Duke Jhonson, that hasn't enjoyed "the process", i.e. texting who is "showing them love", etc.? They all do just what this kid is doing. They're kids....let them be that....

Take the "fan" part out of the equation what would you do if you were a recruit?

If It were me.
- I would know my skillset and the offense or defense that I fit best with.

- If I'm a QB like Alin maybe I want to go to a school where I can play. Let's be honest sitting on the bench isn't fun. Would you rather be third string holding the clipboard or out there playing the game?

- I want to go where I can show my skills as a QB. Scheme, playing time, looking at the depth chart would all be big things to me.

-After that I want to look at who is on the roster in front of me and how long I would potentially have to wait to start. I don't mind riding the bench for a year or two, but I don't want to finally start during my RS Senior Season.
- After those things then I want to look at who the school is recruiting and who is on the depth chart for me to throw to?
- I will also look at the QB coaches and see the history of QB's they've coached in the past

That would be my research as a QB prospect. After taking visits and getting familiar I commit. I don't play games I don't wait till NSD trying to "decide" where I'm going to spend the next four years. You ought to have a pretty good Idea by your senior season of where you want to go to school. It shouldn't take me until the last minute (NSD) to go "hmmm well as of last night I finally came up with the best choice for me."

So I don't blame the kid I just wish he did these things before he committed.

Advertisement
Take the "fan" part out of the equation what would you do if you were a recruit?

If It were me.
- I would know my skillset and the offense or defense that I fit best with.

- If I'm a QB like Alin maybe I want to go to a school where I can play. Let's be honest sitting on the bench isn't fun. Would you rather be third string holding the clipboard or out there playing the game?

- I want to go where I can show my skills as a QB. Scheme, playing time, looking at the depth chart would all be big things to me.

-After that I want to look at who is on the roster in front of me and how long I would potentially have to wait to start. I don't mind riding the bench for a year or two, but I don't want to finally start during my RS Senior Season.
- After those things then I want to look at who the school is recruiting and who is on the depth chart for me to throw to?
- I will also look at the QB coaches and see the history of QB's they've coached in the past

That would be my research as a QB prospect. After taking visits and getting familiar I commit. I don't play games I don't wait till NSD trying to "decide" where I'm going to spend the next four years. You ought to have a pretty good Idea by your senior season of where you want to go to school. It shouldn't take me until the last minute (NSD) to go "hmmm well as of last night I finally came up with the best choice for me."

So I don't blame the kid I just wish he did these things before he committed.

that always blows my mind when dudes say "i didnt make up my mind til last night" wait what? what could you have been doing the last 2 years?

Advertisement
Back