Alin Edouard Update -Post Kaaya Commit

If we only end up with Kaaya I'd call it a win. When he gets to Miami Williams will be gone leaving us Dewey, Crow, Olsen and Kaaya.
4 scholarship qb's is good. We start having 5-6 and it means we are short at another position. As long as we get into the cycle where we lose one through graduation and pick up one in recruiting, then the numbers work out fine.

Advertisement
I think Edouard is project but i like his potential...somethen tells me if he de-commits and goes to louisville he'll (eventaully) be a star

That's the "scary" part in this scenario. Louisville will be in the ACC in 2014, therefore Miami will have to play against him eventually... Lord knows we don't want this kid turning into another Teddy Bridgewater.

Regardless of what happens, I still like the QB combo of Kaaya & Rosier better.

Last edited:
How similar is Alin to Teddy Bridgewater (coming out of high school, as a prospect)? I've seen a few videos of Alin -- a very imperfect way of judging a player, I know -- and I like his release/throwing ability.

How similar is Alin to Teddy Bridgewater (coming out of high school, as a prospect)? I've seen a few videos of Alin -- a very imperfect way of judging a player, I know -- and I like his release/throwing ability.

Teddy was a much better prospect, in fact other then his weight I would say he was a top 5 qb prospect. Alin is very raw even with a good release and strong arm but Teddy to me was ready as a freshman if needed

Teddy Bridgewater was waayyy better than what Alin has showed so far.

- I'd still take Edouard but he definately is a developmental guy. The onky other developmental guy i take is actually Winky Flowers an thats because i know kid can play another position and is DANGEROUS wih the ball in hand.

We definately need better communication though good lord....Should of held on the Rosier offer and made him come down and go toe to toe with Edouard like Bama does.

Advertisement
Pssh. There's a lot of respected posters keeping their heads low right now in regards to Teddy. He was a big prospect but there were PLENTY of people that thought he was a WR only in college.

Obviously now its easy to talk but Teddy was far from a sure fire QB prospect.

If we only end up with Kaaya I'd call it a win. When he gets to Miami Williams will be gone leaving us Dewey, Crow, Olsen and Kaaya.
4 scholarship qb's is good. We start having 5-6 and it means we are short at another position. As long as we get into the cycle where we lose one through graduation and pick up one in recruiting, then the numbers work out fine.

Williams will be a RS SR in 2014 when Kaaya gets here..

Bridgewater was a high 4/low 5 star and top 10 in FL. Edouard is a project but i would defintely take a shot on him and offer Flowers and have them battle it out here. If they transfer big deal we have depth but Flowers can defintely play safety or WR here and be good their..

Advertisement
Edouard has as good highlights as anyone IMO, it's his 9td, 9int that worry me more than anything

Pssh. There's a lot of respected posters keeping their heads low right now in regards to Teddy. He was a big prospect but there were PLENTY of people that thought he was a WR only in college.

agreed, I dont remember anybody calling Teddy a can't miss QB and plenty that said they didn't care when he de-committed.

Teddy was a much better prospect, in fact other then his weight I would say he was a top 5 qb prospect. Alin is very raw even with a good release and strong arm but Teddy to me was ready as a freshman if needed
Teddy was a consensus top 10 player in the state, a top 100 rivals kid(shows what others outside the state thought). On top of that he was probably the best player in Dade that year(I might be forgetting someone). They really aren't that similar in talent.

There's only ONE thing that alin and teddy share in common.

It has nothing to do with football.

Let's leave it at that.

Advertisement

Teddy was a consensus top 10 player in the state, a top 100 rivals kid(shows what others outside the state thought). On top of that he was probably the best player in Dade that year(I might be forgetting someone). They really aren't that similar in talent.

I know I never said they were **** I don't think he could touch Teddy at this time but in 3 years maybe he blows up

never saw Teddy play live so idk about the best player in dade but he wasn't ranked in the top 10 in the state by ESPN or Rivals nor was he in the top 100 for either ESPN or Rivals

His senior season was a whole lotta sandlot football. Talented player but nowhere near the quaterback he is today.

Advertisement

never saw Teddy play live so idk about the best player in dade but he wasn't ranked in the top 10 in the state by ESPN or Rivals nor was he in the top 100 for either ESPN or Rivals

I should have stated at this point in the cycle. He ended up falling towards the end but at this point(may) he was.

It already has been verified in a previous thread. The school didn't update the media on his stats so the media still has it at 9 tds 9 ints. Someone on the board here emailed the Herald or Sun Sentinel.

man i like alin and kaaya alson but who wouldnt like winky? he is a legend in dade not many players become legends in dade and i dont want to take a chance and lose him. just give him a shot and worst case he either changes postions (he he can do at a high level) or transfers

Advertisement
Back