Alin Edouard Update -Post Kaaya Commit

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
Per Barry Jackson of the herald. James Coley called Marc Berman head coach of The Hialeah T-breds totellhim that Edouard offer still stands and he will call him soon

Advertisement
i can picture al golden telling alin "Take whats yours." lol this staff is all about competition.

99% sure Alin will decommit and commit to Louisville. No insider info just a gut feeling.

Advertisement
I would rather have a QB class of Brad Kaaya and Malik Rosier than Brad Kaaya and Alin Edouard, but that is just my opinion.

Edouard is a great kid but had only 9 TD passes and 9 INTs which are horrible stats for a D1 QB, and def not Cane material.

Edouard has a lot of potential but is a major project. Definitely won't play anytime soon for any school, unless it is somewhere like Marshall or Troy. Which aren't necessarily terrible options for someone with his skill set if he wants to play QB and play right away.

Kevin I am feeling exactly like you. To be honest if the kid don't like comp, then he isnt a cane at heart anyway.

Advertisement
Eduoard's actually pretty lucky we offered and he committed. I don't think he would be getting the looks he is, had he not gotten Cristobal's attention.

It'll be interesting watching Rosier, Kaaya, and Edouward's senior seasons. I'll be following their progression.

Advertisement
I would rather have a QB class of Brad Kaaya and Malik Rosier than Brad Kaaya and Alin Edouard, but that is just my opinion.

Edouard is a great kid but had only 9 TD passes and 9 INTs which are horrible stats for a D1 QB, and def not Cane material.

Gray Crow SERIOUSLY competed this summer for the 2nd string QB. Take a look at his high school stats. They'll give you diarrhea.

I'n torn. Kaaya is my favorite but I have a really good feeling about Edouard. I think he has a really really good senior year.

Advertisement
I think Edouard is project but i like his potential...somethen tells me if he de-commits and goes to louisville he'll (eventaully) be a star

"Edouard, who only took a few snaps in Saturday’s scrimmage against Oakland Park Northeast before thunderstorms ended the event, said that his relationship with Miami is fine despite reasons to believe otherwise.

“I talk with coach [James] Coley quite a bit,” Edouard said. “Usually on Facebook or something like that.”

Wait, I thought dude said he didn't talk to Coley?

UM offensive coordinator James Coley called Hialeah coach Mark Berman this morning to tell him the offer to Edouard still stands. Berman said Coley and Edouard will talk soon, perhaps this week. Edouard wants to make sure UM still really wants him.

"If there's a logjam of quarterbacks and he doesn't have the opportunity to compete," then he might have to think about going elsewhere, Berman said. But Edouard remains an oral commitment and prefers UM, though he is listening to other schools just to protect himself.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/#storylink=cpy

First he says he doesn't talk to Coley, then he says he does, and now he is worried about the opportunity to compete?

Yea I'm calling shenanigans as to why he is looking around.

UM offensive coordinator James Coley called Hialeah coach Mark Berman this morning to tell him the offer to Edouard still stands. Berman said Coley and Edouard will talk soon, perhaps this week. Edouard wants to make sure UM still really wants him.

"If there's a logjam of quarterbacks and he doesn't have the opportunity to compete," then he might have to think about going elsewhere, Berman said. But Edouard remains an oral commitment and prefers UM, though he is listening to other schools just to protect himself.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/#storylink=cpy

First he says he doesn't talk to Coley, then he says he does, and now he is worried about the opportunity to compete?

Yea I'm calling shenanigans as to why he is looking around.

so someone is telling him that he will be their only QB commit? and miami is taking 2?

Advertisement
Back