Alin Edouard Update -Post Kaaya Commit

How similar is Alin to Teddy Bridgewater (coming out of high school, as a prospect)? I've seen a few videos of Alin -- a very imperfect way of judging a player, I know -- and I like his release/throwing ability.

Teddy was a much better prospect, in fact other then his weight I would say he was a top 5 qb prospect. Alin is very raw even with a good release and strong arm but Teddy to me was ready as a freshman if needed
Teddy was a consensus top 10 player in the state, a top 100 rivals kid(shows what others outside the state thought). On top of that he was probably the best player in Dade that year(I might be forgetting someone). They really aren't that similar in talent.

I know I never said they were **** I don't think he could touch Teddy at this time but in 3 years maybe he blows up

Wasn't disagreeing with you was just adding to what you said....

Advertisement
It'll be interesting watching Rosier, Kaaya, and Edouward's senior seasons. I'll be following their progression.

i think kaaya will blow up, from what i heard he didnt play that much last year, and the tape on him was great, i like edouard though, i will be happy with both of them

It'll be interesting watching Rosier, Kaaya, and Edouward's senior seasons. I'll be following their progression.

i think kaaya will blow up, from what i heard he didnt play that much last year, and the tape on him was great, i like edouard though, i will be happy with both of them

Pretty much their final try outs. May the best man win.

I would rather have a QB class of Brad Kaaya and Malik Rosier than Brad Kaaya and Alin Edouard, but that is just my opinion.

Edouard is a great kid but had only 9 TD passes and 9 INTs which are horrible stats for a D1 QB, and def not Cane material.

Gray Crow SERIOUSLY competed this summer for the 2nd string QB. Take a look at his high school stats. They'll give you diarrhea.

He worked for his offer. He attended all of Miami summer camps.

It already has been verified in a previous thread. The school didn't update the media on his stats so the media still has it at 9 tds 9 ints. Someone on the board here emailed the Herald or Sun Sentinel.

I know it has, couldn't remember the thread it was in to cite it. Tired of ppl justifying their criticism of him based off inaccurate stats

Advertisement
I would rather have a QB class of Brad Kaaya and Malik Rosier than Brad Kaaya and Alin Edouard, but that is just my opinion.

Edouard is a great kid but had only 9 TD passes and 9 INTs which are horrible stats for a D1 QB, and def not Cane material.

Gray Crow SERIOUSLY competed this summer for the 2nd string QB. Take a look at his high school stats. They'll give you diarrhea.

He worked for his offer. He attended all of Miami summer camps.

Excellent post sir.

Why does what he did in high school matter now anyway. The kid has really developed so far and is LIGHT YEARS ahead of what he was as a prospect.

Alin Edouard #10 ‏@ALLEN_EDWARD2 3h
<--- ISN'T SCARED OF COMPETITION AT ALL , IT'S G.U.M.P ON THIS END , ( GREAT.UNDER.MAJOR.PRESSURE )✊

Alin Edouard #10 Alin Edouard #10 ‏@ALLEN_EDWARD2 3h
LOL THERE WILL BE COMPETITION ANYWHERE YOU GO , ..

doesn't seem like Edouard is de-committing or running from competition....at least not right now

<--- ISN'T SCARED OF COMPETITION AT ALL , IT'S G.U.M.P ON THIS END , ( GREAT.UNDER.MAJOR.PRESSURE )��✊

doesn't seem like Edouard is de-committing or running from competition....at least not right now

Idk why people don't believe that Alin isn't running it's simple does Coley want him or not

Advertisement
<--- ISN'T SCARED OF COMPETITION AT ALL , IT'S G.U.M.P ON THIS END , ( GREAT.UNDER.MAJOR.PRESSURE )��✊

Idk why people don't believe that Alin isn't running it's simple does Coley want him or not

you know what crazy dudes that get less attention handle this process wayyy better then big time recutes (generally speaking)

+1 agree completely.

Although in one of Alin's first interviews after committing he said he wanted to be the only QB in the class.

+1 agree completely.

Although in one of Alin's first interviews after committing he said he wanted to be the only QB in the class.

I mean everybody would want to be the only player at their position and especially at qb to be the leader of the class but "afraid" is different especially with Olsen already here

I like Edouard or whatever, but if he wants to go elsewhere...

26.gif

Advertisement
It already has been verified in a previous thread. The school didn't update the media on his stats so the media still has it at 9 tds 9 ints. Someone on the board here emailed the Herald or Sun Sentinel.

I know it has, couldn't remember the thread it was in to cite it. Tired of ppl justifying their criticism of him based off inaccurate stats

Actually,I asked about this a while back and someone was supposed to check it again but I never heard anything (unless I missed it). I'm still not sure if his stats were wrong or not. Basically, someone emailed a guy from the Herald asking about the supposed discrepancy and whether or not his stats were incomplete, and the guy said that yeah that's probably what happened. However, when you actually look at each individual game summary, that theory doesn't make sense. Those game summaries were extremely detailed. I just thought that it to be odd that they'd have almost everyone's individual numbers per game, but then somehow not have his numbers updated.

If this was clarified after the long back and forth I had a while back (and was ultimately told that someone would look into it a bit more) then I would love someone to point me to the thread if they could. Thanks.

“I threw for 1,086 yards and 21 touchdowns with seven rushing touchdowns. I want to be more of a vocal leader. I’ve been too quiet at times when I need to speak up so I want to stand up more.”

“I threw for 1,086 yards and 21 touchdowns with seven rushing touchdowns. I want to be more of a vocal leader. I’ve been too quiet at times when I need to speak up so I want to stand up more.”

LOL. I'm not sure if that post was a joke or not.

Advertisement
I dont really care what Edouard is tweeting out about not being scared of competition, I dont buy it. This is ALL about competition. What did people expect him to say, "yeah, Im scared of competing so Im probably going to go where Im the only QB"??? Of course he's going to come up with all sorts of things to save face, BUT, if you go back to when this all started, from the MINUTE it was obvious we were offering 2nd QBs, Edouard has been flaky. He started "looknig around", and "wasnt 100%", and started vacillating. Its clear the kid is not happy that we are taking a 2nd QB despite what he says.

NOW, the other possibility, and they are NOT mutually exclusive, is that Edouard was more Mario's guy and Coley really doesnt like him. I think UM would certainly honor his ship and comitment, BUT, its possible Coley is slow playing him and maybe trying to nudge him elsewhere since there are other guys he might like more. BUT, I think that's a bit of a stretch IMO. At least right NOW. With Kaaya on board, Coley should be happy as a pig in sh*t having two good propects commited. If you wanted to nudge one out the door, why not wait til their seasons, or at least the camps this summer to see if anyone is really shining. If Alin was stinking it up, or others were really shining, I could see him trying to nudge Edouard, but why do it now? He's a local kid with a lot of talent. UNLESS, he really likes this Rozier kid and the kid wants to commit.

My guess is its somewhere in the middle. Alin was never really Coley's favorite or top pick, but he will honor the kids ship. That said, Coley is obviously more enamored of guys like Kaaya, and thus, Edouard is not feeling the love he wanted. I DO think he's also somewhat scared of competition. All his comments and actions since we started offereing a 2nd QB make that clear, IMO.

As for Teddy Bridgewater, the ONLY reason people here had some doubts about Teddy, was because of Jacory. Many thought he was Jacory part two. BUT, most here did NOT want him to bail out on us. The vast majority of Canes fans wanted him anyway, but there were some concerns after we got burned with Jacory.

I dont really care what Edouard is tweeting out about not being scared of competition, I dont buy it. This is ALL about competition. What did people expect him to say, "yeah, Im scared of competing so Im probably going to go where Im the only QB"??? Of course he's going to come up with all sorts of things to save face, BUT, if you go back to when this all started, from the MINUTE it was obvious we were offering 2nd QBs, Edouard has been flaky. He started "looknig around", and "wasnt 100%", and started vacillating. Its clear the kid is not happy that we are taking a 2nd QB despite what he says.

NOW, the other possibility, and they are NOT mutually exclusive, is that Edouard was more Mario's guy and Coley really doesnt like him. I think UM would certainly honor his ship and comitment, BUT, its possible Coley is slow playing him and maybe trying to nudge him elsewhere since there are other guys he might like more. BUT, I think that's a bit of a stretch IMO. At least right NOW. With Kaaya on board, Coley should be happy as a pig in sh*t having two good propects commited. If you wanted to nudge one out the door, why not wait til their seasons, or at least the camps this summer to see if anyone is really shining. If Alin was stinking it up, or others were really shining, I could see him trying to nudge Edouard, but why do it now? He's a local kid with a lot of talent. UNLESS, he really likes this Rozier kid and the kid wants to commit.

My guess is its somewhere in the middle. Alin was never really Coley's favorite or top pick, but he will honor the kids ship. That said, Coley is obviously more enamored of guys like Kaaya, and thus, Edouard is not feeling the love he wanted. I DO think he's also somewhat scared of competition. All his comments and actions since we started offereing a 2nd QB make that clear, IMO.

As for Teddy Bridgewater, the ONLY reason people here had some doubts about Teddy, was because of Jacory. Many thought he was Jacory part two. BUT, most here did NOT want him to bail out on us. The vast majority of Canes fans wanted him anyway, but there were some concerns after we got burned with Jacory.

This actions speak louder than words. They always will.

I remember one of my first post was about Matthew Thomas. I said i didnt believe he would be a cane. I got negged to oblivian and some nasty comments from people here on the board. Some even called me and undercover nole. With Thomas in ALL the interviews i watched he never spoke to much about any school. They all got equal love. I felt his style of approach during interviews was phony. Like he wasn't being real. Some posters were trying to break down everything about him. Someone said look he smiled when they mentioned Miami. That wasn't a genuine smile. He was probably thinking man when will people stop talking about Miami. He lives there people are in his ear everyday about the U. Some of us need to take some behavioral sciences classes.

The point being he never really showed interest in any school. Even when talking about our staff he had short, choppy, vague answers. Im watching these interviews like man could he be anymore vague.

Talk is cheap its about the action. AP said he wants to get 2500+ rushing yards. That's nice talk but can he walk the walk? We will see. Just like recruiting. They talk all season long. NSD is when they walk the walk.

This actions speak louder than words. They always will.

I remember one of my first post was about Matthew Thomas. I said i didnt believe he would be a cane. I got negged to oblivian and some nasty comments from people here on the board. Some even called me and undercover nole. With Thomas in ALL the interviews i watched he never spoke to much about any school. They all got equal love. I felt his style of approach during interviews was phony. Like he wasn't being real. Some posters were trying to break down everything about him. Someone said look he smiled when they mentioned Miami. That wasn't a genuine smile. He was probably thinking man when will people stop talking about Miami. He lives there people are in his ear everyday about the U. Some of us need to take some behavioral sciences classes.

The point being he never really showed interest in any school. Even when talking about our staff he had short, choppy, vague answers. Im watching these interviews like man could he be anymore vague.

Talk is cheap its about the action. AP said he wants to get 2500+ rushing yards. That's nice talk but can he walk the walk? We will see. Just like recruiting. They talk all season long. NSD is when they walk the walk.

was Tom Cruise there?

Advertisement
Back