Alabama's dominance in context: Death of CFB

Best run in the modern era and they will continue it till saban leaves....mad jealous man cause sfla is helping the.

Whom from soflo are you referring to? I can only think of Ridley and cooper off the top of my head. I think that how sfl making bama great belief is misguided
I would agree with this. They have had a few key players and have Cowan and Jeudy committed this year, but they haven't been that reliant on player from SFLA.

Eddie jackson haha clinton dix.....i know theres more.........without cooper they wouldnt have won one of those ridley too. Bank on this too they will have the most ayers in the NFL for a long time and that td streak and first round streak they snapping both them shyts. What saban has done there is historic and is what we were about to do but butch left.

I believe haha is from Orlando. I don't really consider that soflo. And pump the breaks with the NFL talk. They already have several players in the NFL. It's just hard to tell since so many of them are mediocre. Cooper, Julio, Mosley, are the only ones doing anything memorable this season. Unless you counts Landon Collins two gift wrapped ints yesterday. I'm shocked at how lousy he's been at my NY this far

Advertisement
bammer is dominant, but they are not memorable. they are just a boring machine that just beats everyone. Saban is the true star of their dynasty.

They will never have what Miami did. The renegade program that won with 3 different head coaches. They were flashy, and captured the imagination. had real superstars that would go on to have tremendous NFL careers.

With bammer you just fall asleep midway through the 3rd when you realize there's nothing interesting that will happen.

and they will lose this year in the playoff. Maybe to a team like Washington that has the playcalling style to upset them.

106-12 and 4 NCs since 2008. I'll take that kind of "not memorable" any day.

Alabama has won 4 NCs since the last time we won a bowl game.

Memorable, define memorable.

I'd say what they're doing is memorable. Anyone new to college football or the last decade will remember their dominance.

What people remember about our teams of yesteryear is that they were thugs. While they weren't, that's what is remembered since our past glories. They remember dominance, but nowhere near what we remember of it.

This They aren't doing it in a memorable fashion is silly stuff.

alot of people do feel this current dynasty is boring, i know a lot of people here hate him but colin cowherd was spot on with this take on alabama months agohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaOLX87TQNQ

Give me one boring acc title

Best run in the modern era and they will continue it till saban leaves....mad jealous man cause sfla is helping the.

Whom from soflo are you referring to? I can only think of Ridley and cooper off the top of my head. I think that how sfl making bama great belief is misguided
I would agree with this. They have had a few key players and have Cowan and Jeudy committed this year, but they haven't been that reliant on player from SFLA.

Eddie jackson haha clinton dix.....i know theres more.........without cooper they wouldnt have won one of those ridley too. Bank on this too they will have the most ayers in the NFL for a long time and that td streak and first round streak they snapping both them shyts. What saban has done there is historic and is what we were about to do but butch left.

I believe haha is from Orlando. I don't really consider that soflo. And pump the breaks with the NFL talk. They already have several players in the NFL. It's just hard to tell since so many of them are mediocre. Cooper, Julio, Mosley, are the only ones doing anything memorable this season. Unless you counts Landon Collins two gift wrapped ints yesterday. I'm shocked at how lousy he's been at my NY this far

Yea collins has been bunz sauce the gmen my aquad too n hes been meh. Still think they got more than that ingram has been decent has like a mcgahee career going. Dix is good i would have to see a list tho i know they got like 70 dudes in the league

In a way I agree with what you're saying. But it is a shame that there has to be new rules to stop Alabama domination.

They did create new rules to deal with us -- The Miami Rules. Bama is chump change until they can match that. We were truly feared, they are just part of the mercenary armies brought in to keep us down.

The Miami Rules were what, 25 years ago? There is no longer a conspiracy to keep Miami (FL) down. We suck and are nationally irrelevant. Saban's run at Bama is extremely impressive in any context.

Couldn't agree more with OP. It's been said for a while on hear that the SEC is the NCAA cash cow and that Bama is their bell cow, so together with the major networks they're going to do everything they can to insure the continued success of that conference and Bama specifically. For many having Bama out in front seems to re-order the universe in a way they find comfortable. UM is the anti-Bama, which is why it hurts all the more to see youngsters from SF who don't know that and who race to be front runners at Bama rather than being true to the institution that gave them a chance that they in turn made the most of. And, admittedly, we've had insiders in the administration and on the BOT over the past decade who shared the view of the outsiders who hate our program.

Advertisement
In a way I agree with what you're saying. But it is a shame that there has to be new rules to stop Alabama domination.

There is no doubting how great they are on the field. Impossible to question the quality of the coaching.

It is fair game, however, to question how they get them on the field there and keep them on the field. In addition, it is fair game to question whether the NCAA that monitors UM is the same NCAA that monitors UA...the answer is simply no.

All of that said, Alabama fans will tell you it is just whining and how much they really loved Saban when he was at LSU, they were just kidding back then.

UM

"Player Development" staff and the "non coaching analysts" is an area the NCAA should consider legislating. This is where the competitive balance shifts. Before they came on staff Bamer had Kiffin, Tosh lupoi as "football analysts." These guys can help recruit through social media i believe, but can't go on the road recruiting or on field coach. However in meeting rooms and film study the are invaluable to the staff and players. Right now Bama has 9 "FB Analysts," 2 of which are Mike Locksley and Steve Sarkinsian. Same with "Player Development" staff. This needs to be looked at. I'm willing to be that Bama pays there "football Analysts" as much as we pay our 10 on field coaches.

I think Indiana's coach went on a rant about this subject last year or the year before.

Alabama, Clemson roll into title game with $3 million football support staffs - CBSSports.com

Last edited:
Red Elephant club...........Bama boosters pay quite well!!! Funny hearing Bama people talking about Ole Miss buying players.......true!! But the REC puts Ole Miss to shame for purchasing power.

We cheat too. Difference is our cheating booster was a two-bit ponzi schemer buying kids dinner at Benihana.

We suck at football and cheating.

Advertisement

They did create new rules to deal with us -- The Miami Rules. Bama is chump change until they can match that. We were truly feared, they are just part of the mercenary armies brought in to keep us down.

The Miami Rules were what, 25 years ago? There is no longer a conspiracy to keep Miami (FL) down. We suck and are nationally irrelevant. Saban's run at Bama is extremely impressive in any context.

All true, but we did it against all odds. Bama is old long established program of major state institution which had perhaps the greatest coach of all time in the Bear. Maybe you missed the excitement a couple years ago at the thought the NCAA could finally finish us off. They tried so hard they almost killed themselves.

You miss the danger THE U represented to all these people, including our own administration. A bunch of kids with the help of a couple of pretty good coaches, took college football apart, destroying conferences and historic powers and change how the game was played.

The implications were terrifying to good ole boys and elitist liberals alike. Couple hundred inner city black kids with a splatting of white kids and some coaches take on world all by themselves and kick its rear. It was not done as a result of massive donor money, or a overwhelming institution effort or government programs. Nope just our kids, coaches and fans in a run down stadium. It went beyond race into political challenge by individuals to big everything. Bama is merely big everything regaining control with the benefit of all the money and power. That is why nothing Saban will ever do will equal what we did.

Actually a smart post.

The NCAA doesn't have to turn a blind eye to their favorites, all there needs to be is the perception of favoritism for the less emotional fan to tune out.

Since Emmert has been President of the NCAA (November 2010), the following teams have been FBS football champions: O$Uck, F$U, Auburn, AlabamaX3...If 'Bama wins again this year and you include their Pre-Emmert 2009 win, 'Bama will have FIVE championships in the past EIGHT years. In comparison, Miami dynasty stretch was FOUR titles in NINE years. The NCAA was sniffing around Miami like crazy at that time and the Pell Grant scheme was finally uncovered with the help of snitches like Alum and current E$ECPN tool Dan LeRetard. Alabama? Not a peep out of the NCAA...'Bama, as per plan, reports their dinky secondary violations and the NCAA points to them as proof of "equal enforcement." George Orwell's Animal Farm could be easily re-written with the "more equal" pig being replaced by a "More Equal" Elephant and be called The NCAA's Animal Farm.

The NFL's precipitous decline, brought on by the leadership clown who is Roger Goodell, is a harbinger of Emmert's killing of the golden goose of college football, it's just a matter of time unless a true competitive balance scheme (Athletic Department budget caps, coaching staff size limitations, mandatory booster financial transaction monitoring, mandatory player "employment" reporting, etc.) is put in place by a visionary leader, not a toadie for the big state schools.

They should force Donna Shalala as president of the University of Alabama for 10 years. That would take them down to the bottom of the SEC.

Advertisement
Weird how I don't hear Clemson or FSU fans complaining about the SEC. Even Louisville is quiet on this front.

"Player Development" staff and the "non coaching analysts" is an area the NCAA should consider legislating. This is where the competitive balance shifts. Before they came on staff Bamer had Kiffin, Tosh lupoi as "football analysts." These guys can help recruit through social media i believe, but can't go on the road recruiting or on field coach. However in meeting rooms and film study the are invaluable to the staff and players. Right now Bama has 9 "FB Analysts," 2 of which are Mike Locksley and Steve Sarkinsian. Same with "Player Development" staff. This needs to be looked at. I'm willing to be that Bama pays there "football Analysts" as much as we pay our 10 on field coaches.

I think Indiana's coach went on a rant about this subject last year or the year before.

Alabama, Clemson roll into title game with $3 million football support staffs - CBSSports.com

A great example of how unrestricted athletic budgets tilt the balance to, to use a military term, to "the bigger battalions."

To keep with the military theme, two basic ways to fight a war: Attrition or Maneuver. Attrition is a slow, grinding down of your opponent, using your superior size and resources to win. Manuever is outsmarting your opponent, relying on speed, superior training or technology to beat your usually larger opponent. Gatorhater's description of classic Miami being the ultimate practioners of manuever warfare in CFB was spot on.

Unfortunately, attrition warfare wins most times and in the context of CFB circa 2005 - 2016 is always winning. Without spending caps, look forward to four super conferences no more than 15 teams having a legit shot every year...At least until interest dries up.

Last edited:
Advertisement
...with a true freshman QB.

From Texas.

6 of the top 10 teams are QB'd by guys from Texas.

Saban and Meyer know what's up. We're missing the boat.

kirfre-759032.jpg

Weird how I don't hear Clemson or FSU fans complaining about the SEC. Even Louisville is quiet on this front.

Actually they do just as often if you go to their message boards or read the comments on any ESPN article involving the SEC

Advertisement
Back