Alabama's dominance in context: Death of CFB

CaneFan79

Senior
Since Emmert has been President of the NCAA (November 2010), the following teams have been FBS football champions: O$Uck, F$U, Auburn, AlabamaX3...If 'Bama wins again this year and you include their Pre-Emmert 2009 win, 'Bama will have FIVE championships in the past EIGHT years. In comparison, Miami dynasty stretch was FOUR titles in NINE years. The NCAA was sniffing around Miami like crazy at that time and the Pell Grant scheme was finally uncovered with the help of snitches like Alum and current E$ECPN tool Dan LeRetard. Alabama? Not a peep out of the NCAA...'Bama, as per plan, reports their dinky secondary violations and the NCAA points to them as proof of "equal enforcement." George Orwell's Animal Farm could be easily re-written with the "more equal" pig being replaced by a "More Equal" Elephant and be called The NCAA's Animal Farm.

The NFL's precipitous decline, brought on by the leadership clown who is Roger Goodell, is a harbinger of Emmert's killing of the golden goose of college football, it's just a matter of time unless a true competitive balance scheme (Athletic Department budget caps, coaching staff size limitations, mandatory booster financial transaction monitoring, mandatory player "employment" reporting, etc.) is put in place by a visionary leader, not a toadie for the big state schools.

Advertisement
I think Alabama has top 3 programs in history. Nick saban is top 3 coach in history. Tell me I'm wrong

Since Emmert has been President of the NCAA (November 2010), the following teams have been FBS football champions: O$Uck, F$U, Auburn, AlabamaX3...If 'Bama wins again this year and you include their Pre-Emmert 2009 win, 'Bama will have FIVE championships in the past EIGHT years. In comparison, Miami dynasty stretch was FOUR titles in NINE years. The NCAA was sniffing around Miami like crazy at that time and the Pell Grant scheme was finally uncovered with the help of snitches like Alum and current E$ECPN tool Dan LeRetard. Alabama? Not a peep out of the NCAA...'Bama, as per plan, reports their dinky secondary violations and the NCAA points to them as proof of "equal enforcement." George Orwell's Animal Farm could be easily re-written with the "more equal" pig being replaced by a "More Equal" Elephant and be called The NCAA's Animal Farm.

The NFL's precipitous decline, brought on by the leadership clown who is Roger Goodell, is a harbinger of Emmert's killing of the golden goose of college football, it's just a matter of time unless a true competitive balance scheme (Athletic Department budget caps, coaching staff size limitations, mandatory booster financial transaction monitoring, mandatory player "employment" reporting, etc.) is put in place by a visionary leader, not a toadie for the big state schools.

POST OF THE YEAR!

They have an incredible run going.

Great coach who has the support of the entire admin and boosters.

Aggressive recruiting tactics leading to the matriculation of great players leading ultimately to a self-feeding system whereby players want to come and play for a winner.

A roster with so much talented depth that they bring wave after wave. On sheer talent and athleticism alone, they're dominant.

A coach who, at least for a while, would cut bait with players who were not good enough allowing him to consistently just keep the cream of the crop year over year.

It's really remarkable. They have it down to a science. I expect Dabo to take over when Saban retires. While not as good, he should be able to keep that train going strong for a while.

Advertisement
In a way I agree with what you're saying. But it is a shame that there has to be new rules to stop Alabama domination.

I think Alabama has top 3 programs in history. Nick saban is top 3 coach in history. Tell me I'm wrong

Funny thing about ole nick is ive never seen him dominate like this on an equal playing field (the NFL). He's a great CEO but what I do hold against him his success is contingent on being able to break rules left and right and have his buddy Emmett look the other way

In a way I agree with what you're saying. But it is a shame that there has to be new rules to stop Alabama domination.

What new rules? The NCAA needs to apply the rules that are already in place to all teams instead of the witch hunting they do. Bama is one of the biggest violators of NCAA rules ever. This comes from someone who married into a bama family with former bama athletes in the family. The funny thing is they do a sh*tty job of hiding it too. But between NCAA never investigating any public allegations and the media being disproportionately benign when reporting anything about that school as well as other SEC schools, you have the current mess that is football today

Last edited:
Advertisement
The ncaa will not touch the SEC,just look at all the noise coming from Ole iss during the draft and nothing came of it.Imagine if that was us.

The NCAA is still investigating Ole Miss for that. In fact, Ole Miss already self imposed sanctions including a 11 scholarships (Miami lost 9). The NCAA will investigate you and punish you if they can find proof of what you did. Unfortunately for Miami, we seem to have people that want to make it easy for them.

The NCAA's infractions committee announced violations in the Ole Misswomen's basketball and track and field programs Friday; an investigation into the school's football program remains ongoing.

The infractions committee separated the Ole Miss football investigation from the overall probe to expedite rulings on violations in the other two sports.

The committee found academic fraud violations involving a former Ole Miss assistant women's basketball coach, a former basketball director of operations and two former women's basketball players. A former Ole Miss track coach and assistant track coach were found to have provided false information during the NCAA's investigation into impermissible recruiting tryouts and contacts.

The NCAA added three years' probation and show-cause orders for several individuals to Ole Miss' self-imposed penalties for both programs, which included recruiting restrictions for both and scholarship reductions and a postseason ban for women's basketball.

Joe Murphy/Getty ImagesThe infractions committee decided earlier this year to separate the football investigation when new allegations surfaced at the NFL draft surrounding former Ole Miss offensive lineman Laremy Tunsil. The committee won't review any information related to the football program until the university and NCAA enforcement staff complete their investigation. Ole Miss' football program faces allegations of 13 NCAA violations, including eight determined to be Level I, the most serious. Nine of the 13 alleged violations occurred under current coach Hugh Freeze, including four Level I violations.

"When both the university and enforcement staff informed the panel that they needed more time to further investigate the potential allegations in the football program after the enforcement staff delivered its notice of allegations, the panel separated this case to be fair to the university and the involved individuals in the women's basketball and track programs," said Xavier athletic director Greg Christopher, the chief hearing officer for the infractions committee.

Ole Miss in May self-imposed the loss of 11 football scholarships during a four-year period from 2015 to 2018, including a reduction of three initial scholarships in each of its next three recruiting classes. The school previously self-imposed reductions in unofficial visits and off-campus evaluation days for its football coaches.

"We regret the violations of NCAA bylaws in both programs and have taken several steps to prevent future violations," Ole Miss president Jeffrey Vitter said in a statement. "One of my first acts as chancellor was to seek a comprehensive external review of our athletics compliance function. The review was recently completed and has confirmed to me that our compliance systems are robust while offering recommendations for areas where we can and will improve

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/17738892/ncaa-finds-violations-ole-miss-rebels-track-women-basketball-programs

POST OF THE YEAR!

Your latest Alabama thread motivated me; I needed to put some of the things I have posted about the NCAA in prior posts as it pertains to the current situation in 2016.

Your point in the other thread about staff size and pay is spot on; it allows Saban to have a much larger margin for error...Coupled with his over signings, you have a huge competive imbalance.

Funny thing about ole nick is ive never seen him dominate like this on an equal playing field (the NFL). He's a great CEO but what I do hold against him his success is contingent on being able to break rules left and right and have his buddy Emmett look the other way

I mean I don't like the guy. But no matter how he got them the man has a national championship ring on his thumb. Anything else is just BS in my book

Advertisement

It isn't as much about Emmett looking the other way as much as the program and university are a 100% behind the program. That was something we didnt have, all the leaks at Bama are minor and everything is air tight, that hasn't been the case with Miami, ever.

What new rules? The NCAA needs to apply the rules that are already in place to all teams instead of the witch hunting they do. Bama is one of the biggest bilateral of NCAA rules ever. This comes from someone who married into a bama family with former bama athletes in the family. The funny thing is they do a sh*tty job of hiding it too. But between NCAA never investigating any public allegations and the media being disproportionately benign when reporting anything about that school as well as other SEC schools, you have the current mess that is football today

it's just a matter of time unless a true competitive balance scheme (Athletic Department budget caps, coaching staff size limitations, mandatory booster financial transaction monitoring, mandatory player "employment" reporting, etc.) is put in place by a visionary leader, not a toadie for the big state schools.
This is what I was referring to. What big mess are you talking about. Alabama winning?

Advertisement

If baseball didn't have the luxury tax, it would probably be the Yankees or Red Sox playing the Cubs. Jerry Jones would double or triple the amount he plays his players compared to Jacksonville without a salary cap. It's bad enough with rich teams as it is: The Cubs bought their GM and manager.

CFB has no Athletic Department spending caps, has no limits on HC and (as holycane pointed out) assistant salaries, no limits on what you can spend on lockeroom facilities, weight rooms or the people who buy them...Oregon sucks this year, but do you think their big recent run had NOTHING to do with Phil Knight? When then HC Chip Kelly was interviewed on the national radio Dan Patrick Show, he called Knight "the owner" of the Ducks.

The NCAA's reason for existence is to enforce a competive balance. If the current rules don't do this (I have shown they don't), then they need to be changed or the public will, as with a lot of things these days, realize "the fix is in" and lose interest, killing the sport.

Last edited:

What new rules? The NCAA needs to apply the rules that are already in place to all teams instead of the witch hunting they do. Bama is one of the biggest bilateral of NCAA rules ever. This comes from someone who married into a bama family with former bama athletes in the family. The funny thing is they do a sh*tty job of hiding it too. But between NCAA never investigating any public allegations and the media being disproportionately benign when reporting anything about that school as well as other SEC schools, you have the current mess that is football today

it's just a matter of time unless a true competitive balance scheme (Athletic Department budget caps, coaching staff size limitations, mandatory booster financial transaction monitoring, mandatory player "employment" reporting, etc.) is put in place by a visionary leader, not a toadie for the big state schools.
This is what I was referring to. What big mess are you talking about. Alabama winning?

The overall quality of the game, the inconsistent punishments handed down by the NCAA that leads to the decline of the quality of the game, more and more entitled high school kids coming in. There is a huge trickle down effect

It isn't as much about Emmett looking the other way as much as the program and university are a 100% behind the program. That was something we didnt have, all the leaks at Bama are minor and everything is air tight, that hasn't been the case with Miami, ever.

So Emmett is not looking the other way when bama players report they received impermissible benefits, players they recruited publicly reported being offered impermissible benefits, bama players taking a banned substance on film, before an SEC championship game, having a store on campus selling the players signed memorabilia after the whole manziel fiasco, and all of their players driving cars provided by a booster there. ESPN even had the gall to run that stupid special about derrick Henry where they reported Henry's borderline homeless dad bought the car for his son. Should I continue?

Advertisement
Back