alabama qb about to hit 1 mill in nli endorsement (six figures w/cashapp)

Hold on to that hope. What else is there.

As far as your very first sentence, I don’t disagree, but nothing was going to change. The NCAA was not ever cracking down on Alabama or Georgia or Ohio State or Clemson. They already have ample evidence and nothing was being done.

The same 4 or 5 schools were going to dominate with their bag game, and that was not being controlled nor was it ever going to be controlled. We literally had no chance. Zero.

At least we are in the game now.

Did you think we were ever going to get in the game the way it was being played in the past?

You’re a super smart guy - you know we weren’t.

We didn’t stand a chance.

Now we have a chance.

I agree with all of your posts on this subject, but are you implying that Miami doesn't drop bags?...or are you implying that Miami doesn't drop bags to the same degree as the aforementioned schools that you mentioned?

Advertisement
For the record, Nick Saban is a co-owner in Dream Motor Group...unless something changes, this group should not be able to participate in NIL related business at the University of Alabama. This would be a conflict as Mr. Saban is also the Head Coach of the Football team, and thus an employee of the University.

I agree with all of your posts on this subject, but are you implying that Miami doesn't drop bags?...or are you implying that Miami doesn't drop bags to the same degree as aforementioned schools that you mentioned?

The second part of your statement. There’s nobody that’s innocent in this game. We’re just way way behind the eight ball.

For the record, Nick Saban is a co-owner in Dream Motor Group...unless something changes, this group should not be able to participate in NIL related business at the University of Alabama. This would be a conflict as Mr. Saban is also the Head Coach of the Football team, and thus an employee of the University.
They would not be allowed to offer an athlete and endorsement deal as they are owned by an employee of the university. Schools and their employees cannot pay athletes for likeness rights.

Advertisement

Yeah but just like every other rule, there's probably ways around that.

Because of a recent lack of winning.

When the program showed some life with Richt, we were getting sellouts or close to sellouts even for the non-marquee games.

My point and this discussion is about NIL and narrowing the gap with the big bag schools like Alabama.

Again as far as a momentum town, look at the Notre Dame and Virginia Tech games of 2017.

That’s the kind of buzz that I am talking about in South Florida. Nothing like that in hicktown SEC.

Sustain that, win like that, and the money will come. Locally and nationally. It’s going take some real winning though.
Hicktown sec is already hyped the winning isn't required. You think baga spends money now? Watch what happens if they start to lose.

Advertisement
Just to add, I guess you’re not into the concept of national and local brand marketing/advertising that’s not necessarily booster funded. Especially for a team that’s winning and hot in a huge metropolitan statistical area, seventh in the country. I guess that hadn’t crossed your mind, had it?

Oh, it had, but then when you have more boosters from in state schools in said metropolitan area (nevermind other schools), it makes it tough.

You're also blatantly ignoring how our brand became what it was nationally when we did ball out. It was a cultural difference between the players we fielded and to be blunt, it was a color thing. It also coincided with the emergence of hip hop on a national and global scale. There was no team like us and we changed the game. Now teams look basically identical.

Advertisement
Hicktown sec is already hyped the winning isn't required. You think baga spends money now? Watch what happens if they start to lose.

Are they going to double their rosters? Play 22 players on offense and 22 players on defense? Recruit seven star players?

Advertisement
I mean, why anyone thought that a poorly run organization with a mediocre McDonald's shift manager running the athletic department would be able to capitalize on a change like this better than the well funded football crazy diploma mills with experienced and cut-throat sports and organizationally savvy AD's....
That argument/blind optimism always been hard for me to understand.

The skepticism that the presumptive starting quarterback for the best team and biggest brand in college football could be pulling in $1M is hilarious, if not so sad.

Question; how many of ya’ll actually think Bama fans are only located in bumfck, AL? Serious question based upon the asinine logic I’m reading in this thread.
Serious answer? Yes. Their "real" fans are only located across Bumblefuk, Alabaga and somewhat in Atlanta- the "big city" of the SEC where their grads (an alumni base dwarfed in size and $$$ when compared to Big Ten type schools) go for "cosmopolitan" work opportunities.

Travel across the country to Chicago, NY, LA, Boston, Houston, etc. and tell me if you ever run into a single real Baga fan.

Now this doesn't mean that they're not a "national" brand (for now) and that their marquee players won't absolutely bank big money under this system. That can still be true while we call bs on Sabag's very loose language regarding Young's money as of now.

Last edited:
which is why this is B.S. as we have alot of nfl players with legitimate fans/followers/ facial recognition who dont make 1mil a year off of endorsements....let alone a guy that signed to a marketing agency 2 weeks ago...a guy who hasnt done sh*t and is not even recognizable whatso ever.

Endorsements are the ruse. Of course players are going to get paid to go to the schools we all want them to, especially at first. But the truth is that not even NFL Players are paid fair market value. They are capped and limited by the league and the owners are all in collusion. They are bound by contract so what we would pay them to play for our team isn't a part of any calculation or anything we actually pay for.

NIL is going to show people what the players you root for on the weekends are actually worth to people. Which means recruits can very well end up making more than NFL rookies.

Advertisement
Back