alabama qb about to hit 1 mill in nli endorsement (six figures w/cashapp)

I guess I meant that if the cheating and money that have been spending isn't enough to keep the recruiting classes in the top two or three spots they will just spend more. The last time they lost 2 regular season games there was an uproar over what they needed to fix.

They are still going to keep the top spots, that probably isn’t going to change but I think we can move up I think we can narrow the gap, I think we can steal a recruit or two, May be more consistently get into the top 10, we’re not displacing them as the number 1 2 3 or 4 recruiting classes. We don’t need to. At least I think we have a shot to recruit much better, before we had no shot to get closer.

Advertisement

Haven't read this thread or the article, but I'm instinctively not buying this. Who is paying this kid, who has never played a snap, a million dollars?

Consider the source. Nick Saban is a known snake oil salesman and a liar. And he has every reason to make up some bull**** NIL deal if he thinks it will help him recruit. He knows **** well ESPN and the sports media aren't going to call him out on his lies or dig in to the facts at all - they'll just repeat his nonsense blindly. He knows that.

Show me who is paying this kid and what the deal is. If there's ANY kernel of truth to this at all... then it's probably something more like "Bryce Young can make UP TO $1mm dollars" and it's probably actually a small monthly amount that's contingent on a bunch of stuff and not guaranteed money at all.

I'm not buying it until I see proof.

They are still going to keep the top spots, that probably isn’t going to change but I think we can move up I think we can narrow the gap, I think we can steal a recruit or two, May be more consistently get into the top 10, we’re not displacing them as the number 1 2 3 or 4 recruiting classes. We don’t need to. At least I think we have a shot to recruit much better, before we had no shot to get closer.

While we might disagree on some points, I hope you're right.

When I was recruited, Miami was the **** and I graduated from S. FL. By the same token, FSU was a hot ticket too and UF was as well, but not to the same degree.

Maybe players getting something rather than nothing will help, in particular their families. This will also open up clubs and nightlife as they can live it up, post it, and it can even be under the table under the disguise of NIL.

So ultimately who knows. We all want to win, but we will never have the deals the bigs do and that's the scary unknown.

Why in pro baseball do the Yankees not win the series every year but in college football unequivocally the same teams dominate 95% of the time

Why in pro baseball do the Yankees not win the series every year but in college football unequivocally the same teams dominate 95% of the time

- The draft (with additional competitive balance draft picks) and trades help keep the lesser talented teams stock with prospects they can develop to try staying in contention, at least for small windows.
- MLB has 30 teams, not 100+, so the talent isn't spread as thin and farm systems run deep.
- The Dodgers outspent everyone last year.......and it showed.
- If I remember correctly, every MLB Champ the last 10+ years was Top10 in spending outside the Royals in 2015. Money doesn't always win in baseball but it sure helps most of the time.

Advertisement
What percentage of miami alums care about football?

What percentage of bama alums care about football?

Do the math people. We were never going to have an advantage. This is how it is and how it will always be
We need to start winning. Look at the Marlins for example, when they were competitive attendance went up considerably. Were they like the Yankees? No but fans were excited to attend games. It’s so much more to do in Miami compared to Alabama. Unless you truly love the canes like most of us do, why watch a crappy football team when you could be on the beach.

Bro your off on this one..the city of Miami embraced the canes because they started winning..then in the style in fashion we won lured fans from everywhere..Herbie is a fan lol..and that’s indeed how it works. I know Bama fans in south Florida who has never been to Alabama but they love a winner. Same with the Yankees, lakers, Celtics, And now u have the warriors fans all over..all started with winning
Winning is just one part of the equation. It’s the gateway for people outside of south Florida. Once you’re in, you either get it, or you don’t.

Thank you, my g! I’m glad u beat me to the punch regarding GSW as an example.

I was reversing JD's logic, because it 100% goes both ways on this site. Had nothing to do with Heitner in particular. That's why it said "Also as a general rule"......
The difference is there historically hasn't been a big problem with trolls coming on here pumping sunshine.

Man **** Bama.
NIL this.
FB_IMG_1626888745806.jpg

Advertisement
While we might disagree on some points, I hope you're right.

When I was recruited, Miami was the **** and I graduated from S. FL. By the same token, FSU was a hot ticket too and UF was as well, but not to the same degree.

Maybe players getting something rather than nothing will help, in particular their families. This will also open up clubs and nightlife as they can live it up, post it, and it can even be under the table under the disguise of NIL.

So ultimately who knows. We all want to win, but we will never have the deals the bigs do and that's the scary unknown.

The future is totally unpredictable, and saying we will “never” have the deals the bigs do isn’t quite right either IMO. We might hit one or two. You never know.

We hit right, win big, with a couple of transcendent athletes, players that capture the public’s imagination, who is to say they would not score some big NIL deals?

Think for example, had someone like Rousseau in a non-Covid 2020 season was approaching 20 sacks (assuming NIL in play then), or King blows up this season, or some unknown in 2022, who knows, stranger things have happened.

Happy thoughts.

Question; how many of ya’ll actually think Bama fans are only located in bumfck, AL? Serious question based upon the asinine logic I’m reading in this thread.

Winning teams have frontrunning fans everywhere. You may be too young to remember how everyone was rocking Canes gear back from 2000-2004 yet most people couldn't name a single player on the team. When the team sucks, all those fans suddenly disappear and merchandise sales disappear. If Bama had struggled to break .500 for the past 15 years, the only people going to the stadium each week would be Bama fans from bumfck AL. Ole Miss's average attendance in 2019 sank all the way down to 48k per year. Despite being Ole Miss being in the greatest football conference in the history of humanity, Miami topped Ole Miss in in average attendance in 2019.

Miami went from average of 57k per year in 2017 to 61k per year in 2018, back down to 52k per year in 2019. You might notice that the attendance peaked in 2018, which was largely because fans bought lots of tickets after a successful 2017 season. Then people stopped caring and coming to games after the team turned out to be bad. If Miami had followed up 2017 with another 2018 season, you probably would have seen the 2019 numbers go up to around 63k per year, which would basically be a sellout each game.

Winning teams have frontrunning fans everywhere. You may be too young to remember how everyone was rocking Canes gear back from 2000-2004 yet most people couldn't name a single player on the team. When the team sucks, all those fans suddenly disappear and merchandise sales disappear. If Bama had struggled to break .500 for the past 15 years, the only people going to the stadium each week would be Bama fans from bumfck AL. Ole Miss's average attendance in 2019 sank all the way down to 48k per year. Despite being Ole Miss being in the greatest football conference in the history of humanity, Miami topped Ole Miss in in average attendance in 2019.

Miami went from average of 57k per year in 2017 to 61k per year in 2018, back down to 52k per year in 2019. You might notice that the attendance peaked in 2018, which was largely because fans bought lots of tickets after a successful 2017 season. Then people stopped caring and coming to games after the team turned out to be bad. If Miami had followed up 2017 with another 2018 season, you probably would have seen the 2019 numbers go up to around 63k per year, which would basically be a sellout each game.

Lol; thank u for the compliment, but I’ve been around Canes football since ‘87 my g. What u said is spot on. F the early 2000’s; I can tell u in the 90’s Canes gear was EVVVVVERYwhere, bro.

The point I was making is Bama “fans” r everywhere b/c they’ve been winning & these jits have been indoctrinated by seeing them win & put players in the NFL at an alarming rate (like we used to). It’s no never mind to me, but for those who somehow thought this NIL would be beneficial for us b/c we play in a city that’s popular is confusing “potential” with current realities.

I said from the jump that this NIL situation will not be good for us. It’s going to cater to the top programs despite what city they play in. It’s going to give boosters an open forum to be even dirtier. The only way this becomes a good situation for us is if Miami lives up to it’s potential starting this season. Other than that; what we’ll see r small time NIL deals per capita compared to the Clemson’s, Bama’s, OSU’s of the world. Winning is our equalizer. We don’t even have to win National Championships to get the ball rolling; JUST WIN THIS CHEAP *** Coastal!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I said from the jump that this NIL situation will not be good for us. It’s going to cater to the top programs despite what city they play in. It’s going to give boosters an open forum to be even dirtier. The only way this becomes a good situation for us is if Miami lives up to it’s potential starting this season. Other than that; what we’ll see r small time NIL deals per capita compared to the Clemson’s, Bama’s, OSU’s of the world. Winning is our equalizer. We don’t even have to win National Championships to get the ball rolling; JUST WIN THIS CHEAP *** Coastal!

This is where I think you are mistaken. NIL is great for us because it is literally the ONLY thing that is going to give Miami even the slightest chance of showing top recruits that they can make legal money in a Hurricanes uniform (not talking about afterwards in the NFL, I mean while in school). You know that Miami can't drop the big bags. NCAA would blow up the program if they caught Miami doing SEC or Clemson things. I also think that winning isn't always the main factor that elite recruits look for in a program. If program A wins 8 games and program B wins 10 games, but program A is also dropping a duffelbag filled with 350k, many top recruits will pick program A. Until now, the main sales pitch Miami could offer top recruits is "come get a good education in a beautiful city with a name brand program." UGA could say, "you don't have to attend class or do homework and we'll hand you a degree, plus put 350k in the bank and give you a new car to drive every year, and you can play for a name brand program."

Now Miami can say, "Come get a good education, live in a beautiful city, play for a name brand program and play in a huge market that offers the POTENTIAL to make hundreds of thousands of dollars with NIL opportunities." Of course, a school like UGA can still give its same sales pitch plus thrown in NIL opportunities too. The difference is we both can offer money. Yes, UGA can generally offer more right now (I say right now because if Miami starts to dominate, the NIL opportunities for a Miami player will dwarf the NIL opportunities of most programs anywhere else in the country) and many recruits will still choose the school that pays more. However, just like with jobs in the real world, sometimes we take less money to go someplace where we are happier. Would I turn down a high paying job in Tuskkkaloosa to be a unpaid volunteer in Miami? Of course not. Would I turn down a higher paying job in Alabama for a lower paying job in Miami. Yes, I might- especially if the salary difference is actually much closer than it initially appears (because of taxes, fringe benefits, bonus opportunities, etc).

To put it simply- some money in a crappy location is better than no money in a beautiful location. However, lots of money in a crappy location is not always better than some money in a beautiful location. Miami can now offer some money, which was totally off the table before. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the number of recruits and transfers who will be willing to bet on themselves being marketable and choosing to live in Miami over taking more money to play in KKK country.

Last edited:
This is where I think you are mistaken. NIL is great for us because it is literally the ONLY thing that is going to give Miami even the slightest chance of showing top recruits that they can make legal money in a Hurricanes uniform (not talking about afterwards in the NFL, I mean while in school). You know that Miami can't drop the big bags. NCAA would blow up the program if they caught Miami doing SEC or Clemson things. I also think that winning isn't always the main factor that elite recruits look for in a program. If program A wins 8 games and program B wins 10 games, but program A is also dropping a duffelbag filled with 350k, many top recruits will pick program A. Until now, the main sales pitch Miami could offer top recruits is "come get a good education in a beautiful city with a name brand program." UGA could say, "you don't have to attend class or do homework and we'll hand you a degree, plus put 350k in the bank and give you a new car to drive every year, and you can play for a name brand program."

Now Miami can say, "Come get a good education, live in a beautiful city, play for a name brand program and play in a huge market that offers the POTENTIAL to make hundreds of thousands of dollars with NIL opportunities." Of course, a school like UGA can still give its same sales pitch plus thrown in NIL opportunities too. The difference is we both can offer money. Yes, UGA can generally offer more right now (I say right now because if Miami starts to dominate, the NIL opportunities for a Miami player will dwarf the NIL opportunities of most programs anywhere else in the country) and many recruits will still choose the school that pays more. However, just like with jobs in the real world, sometimes we take less money to go someplace where we are happier. Would I turn down a high paying job in Tuskkkaloosa to be a unpaid volunteer in Miami? Of course not. Would I turn down a higher paying job in Alabama for a lower paying job in Miami. Yes, I might- especially if the salary difference is actually much closer than it initially appears (because of taxes, fringe benefits, bonus opportunities, etc).

To put it simply- some money in a crappy location is better than no money in a beautiful location. However, lots of money in a crappy location is not always better than some money in a beautiful location. Miami can now offer some money, which was totally off the table before. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the number of recruits and transfers who will be willing to bet on themselves being marketable and choosing to live in Miami over taking more money to play in KKK country.

We’ll agree to disagree. W/o going into details, I can tell u unequivocally that program A being mediocre but dropping bags is not going to out recruit program B who’s a perennial 10+ win school, unless program B is a G5 or a D1-AA….but assuming ur example is using two P5 programs, just from being intimately involved w/ some recruits, including my boy’s son who was a top 100 player last cycle regardless of position, winning matters. Winning, draft picks, matter. The bag is to entice.
U want an example? How bout going to Bama prior to Saban. Bama was dropping heavy bags & actually got sanctioned for it. Guess what? Top kids still weren’t going there b/c they sucked.

The NIL will be beneficial for us once we start winning, Until then, b/c it wasn’t sanctioned appropriately, we could see a gross unfair playing field.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back