Alabama fans kick Deshaun Watson out of Tuscaloosa bar

From reading the Auburn board, this was started by Alabama frat punk, who then got some football
players to back him up.
He was supposedly kicked out of the bar as well.

But it reminds me of a story from Emmitt Smith's book about his days as a HS recruit and, in particular,
his recruiting trip to Alabama.

Community Council Of Greater Dallas? 75 Anniversary Luncheon Scored A Touchdown With Emmitt Smith Chat With Newy Scruggs

He asked why Emmitt had gone to the University of Florida instead of the University of Alabama, where the legendary Coach Bear Bryant was working. A bit hesitant, Emmitt said he didn’t want to embarrass Alabama, but when he was being recruited by colleges, he went to the Penn State-Alabama game. When he, Johnny Nichols and their girlfriends were walking back to the car, a bunch of white frat brothers called him a bunch of names: “It was the first time I’d experienced racism.” The Alabama coach, who was recruiting Emmitt, stood up for him, but still the friends were shocked, saying, “Do you believe what we just saw?” When the coach called the following Monday to apologize, Emmitt said it was all right but he wouldn’t be coming to the University of Alabama.

The most racist crap I've ever heard in my life was from Bama fans at the Sugar Bowl in '93, it was some :eek: ****.

My niece's best friend is attending that school and she was astounded at the level of racist stuff that she has witnessed.

I remember the Bama fans chanting "No hablo Espanol, Roll Tide Roll."

Advertisement
Why is everyone pulling out the race card?

This wasn't about race. This was about the QB of the team who beat their beloved Crimson Tide in the National Title Game thinking he can sit down in the heart of Alabama football and order a meal.

Fair play to them. It's not something I would do, because I don't care enough, but different strokes for different folks.

Because the true racist are the ones who bring up race every time no matter what the situation is. When you can't win an arguement, you cry racist to try and shut down your opponent.

And then there are those who ignore rampant racism that still exists all over this country (I'm not commenting on this incident)

Alabama is most definitely *** backwards, but this isn't an example of that. He wasn't kicked out by Bama fans, he was kicked out by Ryan Anderson and Gilberry, two ex-Bama players with Anderson having played on last year's team. And the reason it's being reported that they kicked him out is because the girl with the phat *** in grey pants who Watson was with is apparently the ex-girlfriend of ex-Bama player TJ Yeldon. That's why the two were being hostile towards her too.

You say this isn't an example of ***-backwardness but then go on to describe a situation where fellow customers are allowed to eject someone from a business they don't own or even work for. Yep. That's modern civilized society right derrre.

From reading the Auburn board, this was started by Alabama frat punk, who then got some football
players to back him up.
He was supposedly kicked out of the bar as well.

But it reminds me of a story from Emmitt Smith's book about his days as a HS recruit and, in particular,
his recruiting trip to Alabama.

Community Council Of Greater Dallas? 75 Anniversary Luncheon Scored A Touchdown With Emmitt Smith Chat With Newy Scruggs

He asked why Emmitt had gone to the University of Florida instead of the University of Alabama, where the legendary Coach Bear Bryant was working. A bit hesitant, Emmitt said he didn’t want to embarrass Alabama, but when he was being recruited by colleges, he went to the Penn State-Alabama game. When he, Johnny Nichols and their girlfriends were walking back to the car, a bunch of white frat brothers called him a bunch of names: “It was the first time I’d experienced racism.” The Alabama coach, who was recruiting Emmitt, stood up for him, but still the friends were shocked, saying, “Do you believe what we just saw?” When the coach called the following Monday to apologize, Emmitt said it was all right but he wouldn’t be coming to the University of Alabama.

The most racist crap I've ever heard in my life was from Bama fans at the Sugar Bowl in '93, it was some :eek: ****.

My niece's best friend is attending that school and she was astounded at the level of racist stuff that she has witnessed.

I remember the Bama fans chanting "No hablo Espanol, Roll Tide Roll."

**** never knew this.............i dont see how anyone can go there

Alabama is most definitely *** backwards, but this isn't an example of that. He wasn't kicked out by Bama fans, he was kicked out by Ryan Anderson and Gilberry, two ex-Bama players with Anderson having played on last year's team. And the reason it's being reported that they kicked him out is because the girl with the phat *** in grey pants who Watson was with is apparently the ex-girlfriend of ex-Bama player TJ Yeldon. That's why the two were being hostile towards her too.

You say this isn't an example of ***-backwardness but then go on to describe a situation where fellow customers are allowed to eject someone from a business they don't own or even work for. Yep. That's modern civilized society right derrre.

i did not see a phat *** in this video at all just sayin......i saw a droopy ***

Advertisement

I was more referring to the racist rhetoric. Not sure how two black players kicking out another black player for showing up to a bar with their teammates ex is an example of how *** backwards and racist Alabama is. But anyway.

I was more referring to the racist rhetoric. Not sure how two black players kicking out another black player for showing up to a bar with their teammates ex is an example of how *** backwards and racist Alabama is. But anyway.

Fair enough. The existence of rampant racism in Alabamy is settled science anyway. No need to even debate specific instances on it as I too don't think this example of it but just pure butthurt harassment that is tolerated and/or celebrated in Bumfuk, USA. Not to mention it was just lame and lowbrow- kinda like most things in the SEC.

Advertisement

Fair enough. The existence of rampant racism in Alabamy is settled science anyway. No need to even debate specific instances on it as I too don't think this example of it but just pure butthurt harassment that is tolerated and/or celebrated in Bumfuk, USA. Not to mention it was just lame and lowbrow- kinda like most things in the SEC.

It was definitely very lame. Two football players ganging up on one player and a pack of girls...so tough! Watson did the right thing though no point risking millions over guys who won't be cashing any checks in the league. Let them act tough and walk away.

Don't think it had anything to do with being a Clemson QB. Sounds more like being black and dating a white women.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All Saban recruits please take notice...Watson is the only black guy in an Irish Bar who gets kicked out by White Irish Rednecks probably because his girlfriend is white...Stuff continues to go on in spite of the 1964 Civil Rights Act...

Most ignorant post

How so?

1. He obviously wasn't the only black guy in the pub.

2. How many white "Irish rednecks" live in Tuscaloosa? Or is the assumption that only white Irish rednecks predominantly frequent Irish pubs?

3. Why invoke the Civil Rights Act of 1964 when it really wasn't the establishment that was discriminating Deshaun. It was some ***** student that the establishment later asked to leave the premises.

4. Two black guys assisted in this purportedly "racial" incident.

You mentioned that Watson was not the only "black guy in the pub." That's like saying, "I can't be a racist, I have two black friends." Neither point is exclusive to the subject. Pointing out the fact that there happened to be another person with the same skin color in the "establishment" as Watson, has as much relevancy as me pointing out the fact that "establishments" are established by the people that cultivate and nurish the enviroment.

I'm not going to take the time to address every point that you attempted to make because the mere fact that you belittled the real purpose of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to fit your propenganda of making a point, which might I add, seemed to have a keen focal point on protecting the "establishment", as opposed to protecting "Civil Rights", tells me that when John F. Kennedy delivered the speech in 1963 that springboarded the legislation (CRA 1964), he was speaking directly to a certain like-minded group of people that shared your thoughts, which in this case, can be referenced as the "establishment!"

Advertisement
Very smart move on his part...

No need to risk stirring up any controversy just 3 weeks before he gets drafted, because trust me if he would've done anything & I mean anything it would be taken completely out of context and spun negatively against him.

It would be all over Espn & he would be made to look like an out of control villain who can't handle "pressure".

It sucks that it has to be that way for him though, cause I know I **** sure would've made those ****in rednecks try & make me leave.

This ain't the 1950's anymore, I can eat any **** where I please & yall gon bring me my **** food & serve me until I get finished.

But, very good on Watson for seeing the bigger picture & letting them make a fool of themselves.

Could not agree more! Great post!

All Saban recruits please take notice...Watson is the only black guy in an Irish Bar who gets kicked out by White Irish Rednecks probably because his girlfriend is white...Stuff continues to go on in spite of the 1964 Civil Rights Act...

Most ignorant post

How so?

1. He obviously wasn't the only black guy in the pub.

2. How many white "Irish rednecks" live in Tuscaloosa? Or is the assumption that only white Irish rednecks predominantly frequent Irish pubs?

3. Why invoke the Civil Rights Act of 1964 when it really wasn't the establishment that was discriminating Deshaun. It was some ***** student that the establishment later asked to leave the premises.

4. Two black guys assisted in this purportedly "racial" incident.

You mentioned that Watson was not the only "black guy in the pub." That's like saying, "I can't be a racist, I have two black friends." Neither point is exclusive to the subject. Pointing out the fact that there happened to be another person with the same skin color in the "establishment" as Watson, has as much relevancy as me pointing out the fact that "establishments" are established by the people that cultivate and nurish the enviroment.

I'm not going to take the time to address every point that you attempted to make because the mere fact that you belittled the real purpose of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to fit your propenganda of making a point, which might I add, seemed to have a keen focal point on protecting the "establishment", as opposed to protecting "Civil Rights", tells me that when John F. Kennedy delivered the speech in 1963 that springboarded the legislation (CRA 1964), he was speaking directly to a certain like-minded group of people that shared your thoughts, which in this case, can be referenced as the "establishment!"

I think facts are important before making judgments and forming opinions. And it seems people are ready to jump to conclusions based on erroneous assumptions in this case that have nothing to do with the actual facts.

The fact there were at least two black guys at the scene in and of itself does not demonstrate anything about the nature of the situation, but the fact they assisted in Deshaun's ouster from the pub does show, at least in their case, race had no bearing in their motives. That relevant piece of information seems glaringly absent from some folk's racial narrative.

The white guy who started the raucous may be racist, I don't know. I also don't know if he is of Irish descent. But he did not work at the pub nor was representing them in anyway. To make reference to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which dealt with systemic and institutional racism is irrelevant in this case. That is hardly belittling it to point out its intent and purpose as law. Deshaun was not denied any service from the pub from what I can tell.

Maybe, and I stress MAYBE, the white guy had racial motives but this in not a case of institutional racism. It is more likely the case, as some here already surmised, and I agree, that the real motive was an Alabama student and fan who happens to be white (along with former and current Alabama players who happened to be black) are still butthurt and bitter about their beloved team losing to Deshaun's team. Simple as that.

No need to inject all this racial narrative (with blatant disregard to the facts) in this case which to me says more about the individuals doing so than the actual case itself.

I hear your point, but I still disagree. I don't want to clog this football message board with back and forth dialog regarding our difference of opinion on this matter. However, if you want to PM me, I welcome the opportunity to further this discussion via a more appropriate setting/venue.

Advertisement
I hear your point, but I still disagree. I don't want to clog this football message board with back and forth dialog regarding our difference of opinion on this matter. However, if you want to PM me, I welcome the opportunity to further this discussion via a more appropriate setting/venue.

I made and substantiated my point. You are entitled to disagree with it. I don't see any point in further discussion but thanks for the offer.

What's the lesson here? **** Alabama. The school, the players, the fans, the local residents. **** em all.

Advertisement
Back