Alabama fans kick Deshaun Watson out of Tuscaloosa bar

Why is everyone pulling out the race card?

This wasn't about race. This was about the QB of the team who beat their beloved Crimson Tide in the National Title Game thinking he can sit down in the heart of Alabama football and order a meal.

Fair play to them. It's not something I would do, because I don't care enough, but different strokes for different folks.

Because the true racist are the ones who bring up race every time no matter what the situation is. When you can't win an arguement, you cry racist to try and shut down your opponent.

Advertisement

This wasn't about race. This was about the QB of the team who beat their beloved Crimson Tide in the National Title Game thinking he can sit down in the heart of Alabama football and order a meal.

Fair play to them. It's not something I would do, because I don't care enough, but different strokes for different folks.

Because the true racist are the ones who bring up race every time no matter what the situation is. When you can't win an arguement, you cry racist to try and shut down your opponent.

I've had a few "discussions" here about how people play the race card when they don't need to. So I get it about overplaying the race card, but not with this.

The only black guy in the restaurant, in deep Alabama, with a white girl, and he's refused service. In a historically racist college that still has numerous discrimination issues, including with fraternities/sororities openly discriminating against blacks.

And it's out of line to bring race in that context? FOH with that shīt. If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, odds are it's ....

I've had a few "discussions" here about how people play the race card when they don't need to. So I get it about overplaying the race card, but not with this.

The only black guy in the restaurant, in deep Alabama, with a white girl, and he's refused service. In a historically racist college that still has numerous discrimination issues, including with fraternities/sororities openly discriminating against blacks.

And it's out of line to bring race in that context? FOH with that shīt. If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, odds are it's ....

Of course some people kciked him out cuz he beat bama but underneath that skin some r racist..........I mean its fkin bama for christs sake.....but they kicked him out because he whooped dey *** but im pretty sure that place is racist regardless

Advertisement

How is Deshaun the only black guy in the pub when Wallace Gillbery and Ryan Anderson are reported to be there and complicit in this?

Advertisement
Wait.

Someone explain this to me, please. He's sitting having dinner quietly by himself with his girl, but a few Alabama ******** go to his table and tell him to leave? And he does? Is that what happened?

Apparently, Alabama lb Ryann Anderson was the one in that video telling Watson that he had to leave. Despite the scene that was made no one from management intervened to put a stop to the nonesense so my guess is this was done with their consent.

Watson and his girl should have at least downed the rest of their beers before walking out without paying

I guess you have to do that kind of stuff if you're a celebrity, just totally avoid confrontations and give in. Or a college or professional player.

Had it been me. No way I'm leaving unless the guy telling me to leave shows me he's strapped

Yeah but you have to realize that Watson has more to loose than anybody there if anything physical breaks out.
Getting in a fight fight at a bar right before you might be the first QB tanken in the draft could cost him millions.

Very smart move on his part...

No need to risk stirring up any controversy just 3 weeks before he gets drafted, because trust me if he would've done anything & I mean anything it would be taken completely out of context and spun negatively against him.

It would be all over Espn & he would be made to look like an out of control villain who can't handle "pressure".

It sucks that it has to be that way for him though, cause I know I **** sure would've made those ****in rednecks try & make me leave.

This ain't the 1950's anymore, I can eat any **** where I please & yall gon bring me my **** food & serve me until I get finished.

But, very good on Watson for seeing the bigger picture & letting them make a fool of themselves.

Untimely he should have walked out with a smile on his face. He is still beating them.
Anderson the other bama player might have kept him out of the bar but they couldn't keep him out of the end zone. He wins.
The rednecks couldn't push him to make a mistake and hurt his draft position. He wins.
At the rate bama players bust in the NFL I have a feeling Watson will win over Anderson in the league as well.

Advertisement
I don't think it was "racism"
He was kicked out by the Bama fans for being the Clemson QB that beat their asses not because of his complexion

Irish people in Alabama? LOL Innisfree is about authentic an Irish pub as Bennigans or Beef O Bradys....not so much

All Saban recruits please take notice...Watson is the only black guy in an Irish Bar who gets kicked out by White Irish Rednecks probably because his girlfriend is white...Stuff continues to go on in spite of the 1964 Civil Rights Act...

Most ignorant post

How so?

The only issue with the post is assuming that the rednecks who kicked him out were "Irish." Otherwise, the post is right on. This shouldn't occur in this country and I see there being a racial component here as well. I'll speak up when I think someone is making a race issue where there isn't one but this is beyond a football game.

Advertisement
I thought the mother in the second video was awesome. She was calling people out publicly as rude and sad that they were refusing to serve him. Even embarrassing her daughter to make a statement like all good parents need to do.

Alabama is most definitely *** backwards, but this isn't an example of that. He wasn't kicked out by Bama fans, he was kicked out by Ryan Anderson and Gilberry, two ex-Bama players with Anderson having played on last year's team. And the reason it's being reported that they kicked him out is because the girl with the phat *** in grey pants who Watson was with is apparently the ex-girlfriend of ex-Bama player TJ Yeldon. That's why the two were being hostile towards her too.

All Saban recruits please take notice...Watson is the only black guy in an Irish Bar who gets kicked out by White Irish Rednecks probably because his girlfriend is white...Stuff continues to go on in spite of the 1964 Civil Rights Act...

Most ignorant post

How so?

1. He obviously wasn't the only black guy in the pub.

2. How many white "Irish rednecks" live in Tuscaloosa? Or is the assumption that only white Irish rednecks predominantly frequent Irish pubs?

3. Why invoke the Civil Rights Act of 1964 when it really wasn't the establishment that was discriminating Deshaun. It was some ***** student that the establishment later asked to leave the premises.

4. Two black guys assisted in this purportedly "racial" incident.

It hypes me up how Miami is legitimately one of a handful of programs with the built-in competitive advantage to take down everything Alabama has grown to be.

If the next two recruiting classes go as projected, and we hit on one of the young QBs, burn down the whole ******* thing.

burn_mofo_down.gif

Advertisement
Back