Alabama and Racism II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working a bunch of possible racists to get an education and beat a path to millions of dollars is a bad thing? Lol at op for wanting kids to squander opportunities because other people are stupid. Other people are always going to be stupid, these kids need to do what's best for them.

Very poor logic. Like the kid doesn't have choices. Alabama isnt even in the top 100 universities and you can go to Alabama and sit because they are full of other 5 stars. Whats being said is when you ditch a better school that has less racists fans in a less racist community for less of a chance to start then your rewarding that fan base and that community for nothing. Its like if you hear McDonalds hires racist then you should choose not to buy food from it anymore. Go to FN Burger Kind instead. Pretty simple and sound logic.
So going to burger king because they have less racists is sound logic? There are no guarantees in life. A kid doesn't know for sure he'll start at the less racist school either. What he does know for sure is it's next man up at McDonalds and the only person missing out on an opportunity is him. Burger King gets some better fries and maybe kids will go there without even thinking about McDonalds. I'm with you though, I'd rather eat at bk crappy fries and all.

Yes its extremely sound logic you might want to read up on it. Because there is nothing more powerful in a capitalistic society then the all mighty dollar. Enacting social change via the informed and morally conscience consumer is one of them most powerful mechanisms around. Not sure that's debatable and your over analysis of the example is again poor logic. I wasn't trying to compare french fries. I was pointing out that there are suitable substitutes out there and in this case there are better options. Miami is a better option in terms of education and less competition for him to get on the field. Not sure how that's not 100% obvious because its basically a fact. Miami also has the same track record for getting kids in the Pros. Alabama obviously provides more of a chance to play in the playoffs but if your more concerned with improving your chances to play in a college playoff then enacting social change then so be it.

I personally am sick of hearing racism cries when in our current society the power and responsibility lies entirely with the consumer, but no one (and that includes all races) cares enough about their fellow man to forgo the little things for the greater good. Racism only impacts today's society because of the choices made and selflessness of all Americans regardless of their race.

The logic might be sound but it doesn't apply here. Your example of burger king and mcdonalds doesn't work because we're not talking about anything more than fans being racist, not employees of the school. I was joking about the fries, mildly comparing fries to football product on the field. I don't disagree that Miami is the better option in terms of education and playing time. But if we equal out a kids ability to get into the league and make money from both teams, that leaves winning, the playoffs, and national championships as the opportunities missed FOR NOTHING.
Enacting social change via the informed and morally conscience consumer is one of them most powerful mechanisms around.
Keep in mind the 'consumer' here is the racist Alabama fan. Alabama racist fans are going to be racist Alabama fans NO MATER what kids do or do not play for Alabama. A kid from Miami not going to Alabama will do nothing for social change in Alabama imo.

Keep up dude the example was to show you that when alternatives apply your logic fails. Your first comment was as if there was no substitutions which is simply bad logic.

And the consumer here is not who buys tickets but who consumes the offers to play. We are talking about racist fans.

Your tin foil logic is based on trying to spin every point into some dumb tangent ignoring the points made.

If you cant see how black kids could impact social change by refusing to play for for teams that have large racist fan bases then your either in complete denial or your just ignorant. I would ask you what would happen to Texas and Alabama if they were void of black kids but I am sure your will start saying it doesn't apply because most blacks are really mixed or some dumb tangent like that.

Advertisement
Very poor logic. Like the kid doesn't have choices. Alabama isnt even in the top 100 universities and you can go to Alabama and sit because they are full of other 5 stars. Whats being said is when you ditch a better school that has less racists fans in a less racist community for less of a chance to start then your rewarding that fan base and that community for nothing. Its like if you hear McDonalds hires racist then you should choose not to buy food from it anymore. Go to FN Burger Kind instead. Pretty simple and sound logic.
So going to burger king because they have less racists is sound logic? There are no guarantees in life. A kid doesn't know for sure he'll start at the less racist school either. What he does know for sure is it's next man up at McDonalds and the only person missing out on an opportunity is him. Burger King gets some better fries and maybe kids will go there without even thinking about McDonalds. I'm with you though, I'd rather eat at bk crappy fries and all.

Yes its extremely sound logic you might want to read up on it. Because there is nothing more powerful in a capitalistic society then the all mighty dollar. Enacting social change via the informed and morally conscience consumer is one of them most powerful mechanisms around. Not sure that's debatable and your over analysis of the example is again poor logic. I wasn't trying to compare french fries. I was pointing out that there are suitable substitutes out there and in this case there are better options. Miami is a better option in terms of education and less competition for him to get on the field. Not sure how that's not 100% obvious because its basically a fact. Miami also has the same track record for getting kids in the Pros. Alabama obviously provides more of a chance to play in the playoffs but if your more concerned with improving your chances to play in a college playoff then enacting social change then so be it.

I personally am sick of hearing racism cries when in our current society the power and responsibility lies entirely with the consumer, but no one (and that includes all races) cares enough about their fellow man to forgo the little things for the greater good. Racism only impacts today's society because of the choices made and selflessness of all Americans regardless of their race.

The logic might be sound but it doesn't apply here. Your example of burger king and mcdonalds doesn't work because we're not talking about anything more than fans being racist, not employees of the school. I was joking about the fries, mildly comparing fries to football product on the field. I don't disagree that Miami is the better option in terms of education and playing time. But if we equal out a kids ability to get into the league and make money from both teams, that leaves winning, the playoffs, and national championships as the opportunities missed FOR NOTHING.
Enacting social change via the informed and morally conscience consumer is one of them most powerful mechanisms around.
Keep in mind the 'consumer' here is the racist Alabama fan. Alabama racist fans are going to be racist Alabama fans NO MATER what kids do or do not play for Alabama. A kid from Miami not going to Alabama will do nothing for social change in Alabama imo.

Keep up dude the example was to show you that when alternatives apply your logic fails. Your first comment was as if there was no substitutions which is simply bad logic.

And the consumer here is not who buys tickets but who consumes the offers to play. We are talking about racist fans.

Your tin foil logic is based on trying to spin every point into some dumb tangent ignoring the points made.

If you cant see how black kids could impact social change by refusing to play for for teams that have large racist fan bases then your either in complete denial or your just ignorant. I would ask you what would happen to Texas and Alabama if they were void of black kids but I am sure your will start saying it doesn't apply because most blacks are really mixed or some dumb tangent like that.
Lol whatever man, good luck getting every single black kid to not take offers from Alabama or Texas or any other school that has a large racist fan base. I'm more than aware that these kids have alternatives on who they choose to play for, and I'm sure they are pretty aware also. When I said "squander opportunities" it's plural, meaning more than one opportunity. Playing at one place because they have LESS racists? Ok then...I'm done, I can't argue with that kind of social change.

Alabamy being a bastion of racism and this being a dumb thread are not mutually exclusive concepts.

That said, "Y'all in da Norf or in da citees just hide yer racism moar dan us good ol folk." ain't exactly the most compelling argument from the hilljack apologist contingent.

Advertisement
Well, this thread did not shock me one bit. Liberals have always been against secondary school choice for stupid dogmatic reasons, so now, they can add being angry at a high schooler choosing where he wants to play college football to the list. I always find it funny that liberals throw racism, sexism, or any "phobe" word at a situation where something doesn't go their way. Worst debaters of all time.

Advertisement
The hate crimes per capita stats might be a lot different than the hate crime stats.

That is per capita from the Southern Poverty Law Center who tracks this better than anyone else

Well, then they are not tracking it very well. According to the FBI statistics, Southern states actually have a low per-capita incidence.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2015/tables-and-data-declarations/12tabledatadecpdf

Then maybe it wasn't per capita

Well, this thread did not shock me one bit. Liberals have always been against secondary school choice for stupid dogmatic reasons, so now, they can add being angry at a high schooler choosing where he wants to play college football to the list. I always find it funny that liberals throw racism, sexism, or any "phobe" word at a situation where something doesn't go their way. Worst debaters of all time.

:monkey-serious:

You know its true. Sorry, bud.

In your delusional world it's true, but I'm not here to debate politics.

Advertisement

Delusional? Do you know the teachers union is one of the most powerful unions in the country? Liberals love unions, so they hate school choice. I would know because I am a public school teacher and see the absolute disdain for the mere thought of parents picking where their child can go to school. God forbid a family pulls their kid out of a failing inner city public school and puts them into a Charter School, right?

Now, we got a knuckle head on here ****ed that kids choose colleges in the South because they have some racist people, even though there are racist as*holes in every state. As to my last point, 90% of debates I have had with liberals always results in them pivoting to the use of adhominems; I have some friends who I disagree with and respect their opinion because they understand healthy and intellectual discourse, however, many libs do not. But im not here to debate politics either, take care!

Delusional? Do you know the teachers union is one of the most powerful unions in the country? Liberals love unions, so they hate school choice. I would know because I am a public school teacher and see the absolute disdain for the mere thought of parents picking where their child can go to school. God forbid a family pulls their kid out of a failing inner city public school and puts them into a Charter School, right?

Now, we got a knuckle head on here ****ed that kids choose colleges in the South because they have some racist people, even though there are racist as*holes in every state. As to my last point, 90% of debates I have had with liberals always results in them pivoting to the use of adhominems; I have some friends who I disagree with and respect their opinion because they understand healthy and intellectual discourse, however, many libs do not. But im not here to debate politics either, take care!

Yes, generalizations, go ahead and label everyone, and simplify everything to fit into your argument. Again, I don't want to argue this.

Yes, generalizations, go ahead and label everyone, and simplify everything to fit into your argument. Again, I don't want to argue this.

Uh huh. Whatever floats your boat, chief.

Advertisement

I'm a Democrat. I'm not rich enough to have a boat.

070413KerryRH004.jpg

God forbid a family pulls their kid out of a failing inner city public school and puts them into a Charter School, right?

Just like a racist to exclusively equate failing schools to the inner city. Does this racist not know that Alabumma, a predominantly white state, ranks 49th in education?

View attachment 41208

:rickflair2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back