Alabama and Racism II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question, that you may have answered in Volume 1:

Should the black athletes only attend HBCU's, or should they just go to progressive "big" schools in the north and out west?

Well, seeing that my first drunken post about Alabama and racism drew so many reactions, I thought I would add another post. Now that Alabama (the most racist state) and Clemson (close second racist state) have reached the college football pinnacle, I felt that due to my "white shame"/"Hillary votin ***"/ "righteous thinking mind" self would ramble on about the state of college football playoff some mo'. As a Canes fan, I find it frustrating to watch these kids dance and jaw for schools/fans that could care less about them personally or even physically as long as they could brag about their "Boys" bringing home the prize. I want the true warriors and their families to enjoy the riches of their struggle (kids from the 305/954/561). I want to apologize to any of my Cuban brothers whom I may have offended in my previous post. I truly understand your plight, but this BS pride/support of these SEC/Don't Tread On Me/Confederate Flag Loving MFer's ****es me off. I am a white kid from Carol City with nothing to about. I sit here in my 2 story house in NC, watching these kids provide a false sense of pride for a bunch of people who could care less about them and their struggles. Stand up to these "false dynasties" and let's get our kids to fight for their own communities and families and show the world where they come from, not for who will support/pay for their "services". Go Canes

Advertisement
This has to be one of the most ignorant and hypocritical threads in the history of CIS

LMfAO at labeling an entire group of people as labelers of an entire group of people.

And then topping it off with patriarchal comments such as believing you know best where black kids should attend school.

Last edited:
Have you read the posts on this site and the sister site "Westendzone.com"? This place is just as racist as anything in any other board.

I don't think this site is racist. With that being said I don't think there are too many sites where people randomly call each other ghey quite as much as they do on here and the Wez.

How do define most racist state?

If it's by hate crimes, here are the rankings (from most to least)

1. Mississippi
2. Alabama
3. Texas
4. Tennessee
5. Louisiana
6. Georgia
7. Kentucky
8. Florida
9. Oklahoma
10. Missouri

Nope that dont work

States are too broad. Its communities that have are made up of the same families in the deep south that still teach and carry on racists beliefs. A state like Alabama is made up of many old school communities that have gone on for decades without as much influence from outsiders as other places. There are a lot of Florida counties like that as well. South Florida is one the most diverse places in the world and its full of transplants. If you have those beliefs you moved from South Florida long ago. There is no doubt that South Florida has racists of all colors but they are typically shunned and have no real influence. Sure you might find some secretive skint head white supremacist group down in South Florida hiding out but in Alabama they just call that church.

Advertisement
Working a bunch of possible racists to get an education and beat a path to millions of dollars is a bad thing? Lol at op for wanting kids to squander opportunities because other people are stupid. Other people are always going to be stupid, these kids need to do what's best for them.

Have you read the posts on this site and the sister site "Westendzone.com"? This place is just as racist as anything in any other board.

I don't think this site is racist. With that being said I don't think there are too many sites where people randomly call each other ghey quite as much as they do on here and the Wez.
You apparently don't read this site much.

Working a bunch of possible racists to get an education and beat a path to millions of dollars is a bad thing? Lol at op for wanting kids to squander opportunities because other people are stupid. Other people are always going to be stupid, these kids need to do what's best for them.

THIS^^

Very poor logic. Like the kid doesn't have choices. Alabama isnt even in the top 100 universities and you can go to Alabama and sit because they are full of other 5 stars. Whats being said is when you ditch a better school that has less racists fans in a less racist community for less of a chance to start then your rewarding that fan base and that community for nothing. Its like if you hear McDonalds hires racist then you should choose not to buy food from it anymore. Go to FN Burger Kind instead. Pretty simple and sound logic.

Advertisement

Very poor logic. Like the kid doesn't have choices. Alabama isnt even in the top 100 universities and you can go to Alabama and sit because they are full of other 5 stars. Whats being said is when you ditch a better school that has less racists fans in a less racist community for less of a chance to start then your rewarding that fan base and that community for nothing. Its like if you hear McDonalds hires racist then you should choose not to buy food from it anymore. Go to FN Burger Kind instead. Pretty simple and sound logic.
So going to burger king because they have less racists is sound logic? There are no guarantees in life. A kid doesn't know for sure he'll start at the less racist school either. What he does know for sure is it's next man up at McDonalds and the only person missing out on an opportunity is him. Burger King gets some better fries and maybe kids will go there without even thinking about McDonalds. I'm with you though, I'd rather eat at bk crappy fries and all.

The hate crimes per capita stats might be a lot different than the hate crime stats.

So going to burger king because they have less racists is sound logic? There are no guarantees in life. A kid doesn't know for sure he'll start at the less racist school either. What he does know for sure is it's next man up at McDonalds and the only person missing out on an opportunity is him. Burger King gets some better fries and maybe kids will go there without even thinking about McDonalds. I'm with you though, I'd rather eat at bk crappy fries and all.

Yes its extremely sound logic you might want to read up on it. Because there is nothing more powerful in a capitalistic society then the all mighty dollar. Enacting social change via the informed and morally conscience consumer is one of them most powerful mechanisms around. Not sure that's debatable and your over analysis of the example is again poor logic. I wasn't trying to compare french fries. I was pointing out that there are suitable substitutes out there and in this case there are better options. Miami is a better option in terms of education and less competition for him to get on the field. Not sure how that's not 100% obvious because its basically a fact. Miami also has the same track record for getting kids in the Pros. Alabama obviously provides more of a chance to play in the playoffs but if your more concerned with improving your chances to play in a college playoff then enacting social change then so be it.

I personally am sick of hearing racism cries when in our current society the power and responsibility lies entirely with the consumer, but no one (and that includes all races) cares enough about their fellow man to forgo the little things for the greater good. Racism only impacts today's society because of the choices made and selflessness of all Americans regardless of their race.

Advertisement
Interesting. So black kids should avoid attending schools in all of those states.

:monkey-serious:

How do define most racist state?

If it's by hate crimes, here are the rankings (from most to least)

1. Mississippi
2. Alabama
3. Texas
4. Tennessee
5. Louisiana
6. Georgia
7. Kentucky
8. Florida
9. Oklahoma
10. Missouri

Just the top 7. And maybe Ohio.

Most of these players come from the southeast so Alabama isn't any different to their hometowns.

Advertisement

Chick-fil-A hates the fgs, so I don't want to support them. But the food is tasty so I end up there from time to time. Turns out people make choices for different reasons.

You're just choosing a thing bama is weak at (not hating black people) and arbitrarily saying it should be the #1 deciding factor. When a kid wants to go to osu you can't believe it because of the weather. USC is so far away, kids shouldn't want to go there. And on and on.

Yes its extremely sound logic you might want to read up on it. Because there is nothing more powerful in a capitalistic society then the all mighty dollar. Enacting social change via the informed and morally conscience consumer is one of them most powerful mechanisms around. Not sure that's debatable and your over analysis of the example is again poor logic. I wasn't trying to compare french fries. I was pointing out that there are suitable substitutes out there and in this case there are better options. Miami is a better option in terms of education and less competition for him to get on the field. Not sure how that's not 100% obvious because its basically a fact. Miami also has the same track record for getting kids in the Pros. Alabama obviously provides more of a chance to play in the playoffs but if your more concerned with improving your chances to play in a college playoff then enacting social change then so be it.

I personally am sick of hearing racism cries when in our current society the power and responsibility lies entirely with the consumer, but no one (and that includes all races) cares enough about their fellow man to forgo the little things for the greater good. Racism only impacts today's society because of the choices made and selflessness of all Americans regardless of their race.

The logic might be sound but it doesn't apply here. Your example of burger king and mcdonalds doesn't work because we're not talking about anything more than fans being racist, not employees of the school. I was joking about the fries, mildly comparing fries to football product on the field. I don't disagree that Miami is the better option in terms of education and playing time. But if we equal out a kids ability to get into the league and make money from both teams, that leaves winning, the playoffs, and national championships as the opportunities missed FOR NOTHING.
Enacting social change via the informed and morally conscience consumer is one of them most powerful mechanisms around.
Keep in mind the 'consumer' here is the racist Alabama fan. Alabama racist fans are going to be racist Alabama fans NO MATER what kids do or do not play for Alabama. A kid from Miami not going to Alabama will do nothing for social change in Alabama imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back