Al Golden- Waiver Wire Lover

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
From Barry Jackson's latest post:

### With the transfer of Antonio Crawford and graduation of Ladarius Gunter, UM is down to three experienced cornerbacks, one inexperienced one (Ryan Mayes, who has had a good spring but “has a long way to go,” Al Golden said) and three freshmen summer arrivals.

“We’ll probably be one short; we’ll see if there’s someone available,” Golden said. Expect UM to investigate adding a transfer who’s eligible immediately. Golden said Deon Bush could play cornerback if needed, but he's UM's best safety.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...eat-canes-marlins-chatter-.html#storylink=cpy

Paging Mike Williams II from Wake. Al probably sending coded messages to some senior DB that already graduated from NC State or BC as we speak promising the kid immediate playing time. No worries though. These type of maneuvers will become a thing of the past once the cloud passes and Al gets a few recruiting classes under his belt.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Well, in many respects it's really his 1st year. These things happen.

Plus, with all the uncertainty of who the new president will be it is another huge cloud. 2016 will actually be Al's first class, unless the three loud unhappy fans ruin that class like they did this year. Besides, with our MLB playing in the safety position and our DE dropping back into coverage we really don't need CBs anymore.

### With the transfer of Antonio Crawford and graduation of Ladarius Gunter, UM is down to three experienced cornerbacks, one inexperienced one (Ryan Mayes, who has had a good spring but “has a long way to go,” Al Golden said) and three freshmen summer arrivals.

“We’ll probably be one short; we’ll see if there’s someone available,” Golden said. Expect UM to investigate adding a transfer who’s eligible immediately. Golden said Deon Bush could play cornerback if needed, but he's UM's best safety.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...eat-canes-marlins-chatter-.html#storylink=cpy

Paging Mike Williams II from Wake. Al probably sending coded messages to some senior DB that already graduated from NC State or BC as we speak promising the kid immediate playing time. No worries though. These type of maneuvers will become a thing of the past once the cloud passes and Al gets a few recruiting classes under his belt.

It is very difficult to comprehend how someone getting paid so much money can be so bad at the job they are getting paid to do. fuggin amazing!!!

Advertisement
terrible roster management, I mean corching, naw I mean both...How do you accomplish such a feat in SFL with so much talent?

This was already a known fact but it's even more mind blowing when you consider how many dbs he didn't offer this year and last. I don't know what Redwine is going to do but thank god he came in late because he's gonna have to play.

terrible roster management, I mean corching, naw I mean both...How do you accomplish such a feat in SFL with so much talent?

I have said this before....AG could not get laid in a fuggin ***** house. He is a certified, unquestionable, undeniable loser.

LOL

And this is exactly why letting Larry Hope leave the program was a dumb move. I thought it didn't make sense when it happened, and now the idiocy of that move is being validated.

Our 4th corner is now playing for the Akron Zips ...

TERRIBLE roster management by this staff to be in this position!

Advertisement

Not one excuse with the numbers that came out of south Florida this year. and some from pipeline schools.

The clown show continues.

Depressing, infuriating, unbelievable, idiotic.....use whatever adjective you like.

This can't end soon enough.

This **** can't be made up. Pure Twilight Zone type **** around this program.

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call ... The Golden Zone.

Advertisement
But this will offer a great excuse for getting torched in the def backfield...Just what Cloud Golden needed in the new excuse dept.

This in the fourth year as Head CoRch... in freaking South Florida, where (good) DB´s appear as grasses.

Let it marinate ...

Advertisement
Serious question, I realize it's probably been discussed. But why is Crawford transferring exactly? Playing time? When we have limited corners. Can someone clear this up. Thanks!

Just imagine where we'd be if either Redwine told us to **** off after our insultingly late offer, or if we had any major injuries at the position.

Talk about inept.

Wasn't one of Al's complaints when he first arrived about the mess he inherited due to Randy Shannon's roster management? Guess we will hear it from our next coach too.

guess we just gotta pray that one of the freshman can play this fall

Advertisement
Back