Al Golden- Waiver Wire Lover

Serious question, I realize it's probably been discussed. But why is Crawford transferring exactly? Playing time? When we have limited corners. Can someone clear this up. Thanks!

Very valid question!

I thought Elder was nursing an injury this off-season, so Crawford was only competing with Burns and Howard for starter reps ...

I guess the staff must have made it clear that Burns and Howard are the starters ... And Crawford must think he's better than, at least, one of them?

But unless the kid is on track to graduate this year ... I don't really understand why he makes this move.

He'll either "start" against inferior talent in FCS, or he'll sit out next season in FBS. How do either of those situations put him in a better position than staying at Miami? Especially when injuries are a part of the game ...

If he is graduating this year ... I'm guessing he has a nice landing spot already picked out.

Advertisement
Relax guys,Doritos will just move the DE out on the slot receiver, problem solved.

Advertisement
Wasn't one of Al's complaints when he first arrived about the mess he inherited due to Randy Shannon's roster management? Guess we will hear it from our next coach too.

Looks like another ready excuse for Grolden, "The cloud left last year's recruiting class bare. We've never worked harder to rectify the situation. The buck stops here."

FIRE THE BUM!

Al can't complain at all. He's badily mismanaged the secondary. Great recruiter my ***.

Serious question, I realize it's probably been discussed. But why is Crawford transferring exactly? Playing time? When we have limited corners. Can someone clear this up. Thanks!
Remember when Duke's mom told us most of the team would transfer if they didn't have to sit out a year? She's never lied.

Very valid question!

I thought Elder was nursing an injury this off-season, so Crawford was only competing with Burns and Howard for starter reps ...

I guess the staff must have made it clear that Burns and Howard are the starters ... And Crawford must think he's better than, at least, one of them?

But unless the kid is on track to graduate this year ... I don't really understand why he makes this move.

He'll either "start" against inferior talent in FCS, or he'll sit out next season in FBS. How do either of those situations put him in a better position than staying at Miami? Especially when injuries are a part of the game ...

If he is graduating this year ... I'm guessing he has a nice landing spot already picked out.

It might not appear to be a logical decision to fans who have no clue what was going on with Crawford. But it could be as simple as him having had enough of the situation here. Guys leave jobs all the time in the real world because they're miserable even if they're making a lot of money and appear, from an outsider's perspective, to have the world by the balls.

Advertisement
From Barry Jackson's latest post:

### With the transfer of Antonio Crawford and graduation of Ladarius Gunter, UM is down to three experienced cornerbacks, one inexperienced one (Ryan Mayes, who has had a good spring but “has a long way to go,” Al Golden said) and three freshmen summer arrivals.

“We’ll probably be one short; we’ll see if there’s someone available,” Golden said. Expect UM to investigate adding a transfer who’s eligible immediately. Golden said Deon Bush could play cornerback if needed, but he's UM's best safety.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...eat-canes-marlins-chatter-.html#storylink=cpy

Paging Mike Williams II from Wake. Al probably sending coded messages to some senior DB that already graduated from NC State or BC as we speak promising the kid immediate playing time. No worries though. These type of maneuvers will become a thing of the past once the cloud passes and Al gets a few recruiting classes under his belt.

We can only hope. you can't fault a giy in his 1st year

#provethemwrong

Right about now, Al and Doritos are probably dusting off an old Ouija board trying to summon up the ghost of Mike Williams... Either that or they're playing Twister naked while blasting Scorpion's song 'Rock You Like a Hurricane'.

Year 5 and this team has no depth. For the remaining slurpers that are going to say scholly reductions....the scholly reductions were only 3 a year, not 3 a semester.

Al Golden, the gift that keeps on giving! By the time these muhfuccas get sh1tcanned, I won't have a **** liver to speak of. And my kidneys will be pickled!

Advertisement

Very valid question!

OR he like many of us hates this staph and is finding any and all reasons to get out. In the long run I cannot blame the kid. he was probably lied to and eventually got tired of the games

or what Franchise said..lol Just saw your post

Last edited by a moderator:
This same ****gpt was talking about how randy left him all phucked up...this ****got is doing the same thing

The reason why freshmen have a hard time playing in Folden's defense is because they have to learn how to play soft, especially the South Florida players.

Advertisement
Miami is still located in S. Fla, right? Where D1 DBs grow on trees, right? This **** is unbelievable

Golden is probably planning one of those grueling road trips. Heading off to the depths of the Virginia's searching for the next 5th year senior that has never made a tackle. Hoping that the Flu bug doesn't take him again.

Until the New AD says " we are relieving Al Golden and staff of there duties as coachs at the university of Miami "
Nothing will surprise me except a perfect season.

Advertisement
Back