Al Golden really hates being here...

canesman

Junior
It's written all over his fat face. Anyone watch the press conference? Not even close to the same guy that took the job 4 years ago.

His last 10 months here will be contentious to say the least.

Hopefully it ends sooner. The good news it that it will end when the new president comes in.

Advertisement
the administration and leadership refusing to do anything about it is far more abhorrent.

Part of me feels bad for the guy because he seems like a legitimately good person and family man.

Most of us would go insane if we were constantly insulted and ridiculed on a daily basis.

However, that's what comes with the territory when you agree to be the head coach off a "top tier" program like Miami.

All I want are my 'Canes back. I'm tired of being angry and negative all the time about something I grew up loving.

Last edited:
Advertisement
People do need to calm down on him. Hes our coach next year and we have to deal with it. The pitch forks need to be put away. It didn't work. We all know he's not cut out for this job. He's got this year to prove it again. If he's not gone by Jan 1 next year then raise the pitch forks again. Until then just sit back and watch Al do Al thjngs and try not to get too upset.

I had ESPNU on all afternoon. Every single coach that came on the show had an ear to ear smile on their face except one.... Al golden. He really looked and sounded unhealthy.

it is not hyperbole to state that whoever the next President is will determine if Miami EVER becomes relevant in football again

they better hire a President like the other 100 top schools who actually cares about college athletics and makes it a priority

another Shalala- and this program will be FIU in five years

Advertisement
Part of me feels bad for the guy because he seems like a legitimately good person and family man.

Most of us would go insane if we were constantly insulted and ridiculed on a daily basis.

However, that's what comes with the territory when you agree to be the head coach off a "top tier" program like Miami.

All I want are my 'Canes back. I'm tired of being angry and negative all the time about something I grew up loving.

I feel the exact same way but then think if If any of us perform to the level he does our job we would've been fired a long time ago. Then I go back to hating him

It's written all over his fat face. Anyone watch the press conference? Not even close to the same guy that took the job 4 years ago.

His last 10 months here will be contentious to say the least.

Hopefully it ends sooner. The good news it that it will end when the new president comes in.

Was going to post something about his change in body language, it has been noticeable at least since the Pitt loss.
Can't stand to look at him or hear him anymore at this point.

That "nice guy" thing is the biggest myth in the Canes community. The guy constantly lies, never takes responsibility for anything, and shuttles out one excuse after another for anything that goes wrong.

Sorry...but especially given the fact the guy is tasked for molding young adults into men.....he's a horrible example. Almost as horrible as he is a head coach and recruiter.

I had ESPNU on all afternoon. Every single coach that came on the show had an ear to ear smile on their face except one.... Al golden. He really looked and sounded unhealthy.

I hate Al Golden as a coach. Outside of anything happening to his family and well being, I don't care what happens to him. I hope he feels miserable. He brought this on himself. His stubbornness to change as well as constantly coming up with every excuse under the sun while throwing home grown talent under the bus has ****ed this fanbase off. This administration are the real ones to blame. They're the ones pulling the strings in the background and they're laughing at this fanbase. Golden is not the victim as he's making millions, but he's certainly not void of any criticism.

Advertisement

I don't feel for him one bit. He's stealing $2+ MILLION per year and doing a ****** job. He has brought EVERYTHING on himself with his unwillingness to change. He won't fire anyone which reeks of arrogance since firing someone would mean he made a mistake in hiring them and apparently, he doesn't the he makes mistakes. He deserves EVERYTHING coming his way and then some. If he were an honorable man, he would have resigned at the end of the season. But he's not. He's a ******* thief and he has your sympathy. SMGDH

It has nothing to do with being insulted and ridiculed.

We are looking at a man that created a 500-page binder on how to win, yet it isn't working. He's coming to the sad realization he is a failure in his chosen profession, and it's a humbling and depressing experience for him.

Nothing he's doing works. He believed in his plan so much that he wrote a how-to guide on it, and 4 years later he has to face that he doesn't know what he's doing. It's eating away at him. He can't win games. He can't recruit.

He sucks, and that reality is setting in. He's depressed and broken and has no more excuses left.

Advertisement
It has nothing to do with being insulted and ridiculed.

We are looking at a man that created a 500-page binder on how to win, yet it isn't working. He's coming to the sad realization he is a failure in his chosen profession, and it's a humbling and depressing experience for him.

Nothing he's doing works. He believed in his plan so much that he wrote a how-to guide on it, and 4 years later he has to face that he doesn't know what he's doing. It's eating away at him. He can't win games. He can't recruit.

He sucks, and that reality is setting in. He's depressed and broken and has no more excuses left.

I think he's too bull headed to ever come to terms with it.

He looked very dejected and had a worn down look

His head was down most of the time just didn't show any sign of confidence

He should make a new binder on how to renegotiate contracts. Only thing he did well (for himself) in four years!

Advertisement
Back