Al Golden is soooooo gooood....

Advertisement
Anyone else hear Chick at 270 and Hamilton at 277 and say ****. Hamilton may grow into a DT.

Pretty clear what the plan is with Chick. For all the dudes who wanted him on Jenny Craig, this dude's dad and grandpa were big guys for their time who played inside. Chick might see his future in the NFL being on the inside. He might realize that he doesn't have the requisite necessities to be successful as a pass rusher coming off the edge.

3-4 DE IMO...

That could be true if we transition to a 3-4. I haven't noticed that though. I've seen some 3-4 looks, but we are primarily a 4-3 team.

The thing that hurt us on the DT front was the fact that we have 8 DT's on the roster, not to mention 2 coming in this year.

Im sure Bostwik and Bryant weren't concerned about the othere freshmen we signed thsi call... But, the fact taht we have 8 guys taht already have a head start, makes a guy wonder about playing time.

Earl Moore, Daquan Ivory, Jacoby Briscoe, Corey King, Jalen Grimble, Ufomba Kamalu aren't starters yet, but they are threats to a high profie DT's playing time, for the next few years to come.

Earning playing-time in the tenches isn't the same, or as easy as it can be for a skilled position player. In the trenches, a guy that has been through UTough, or any full cycle of college (& JUCO) weight training, will have that muct more of an advantage over an income freshman in the trenches.

Kudo's to a guy like Stacey Coley... He has a number of young WR's that are already established within the program. But in the classic words of Lamar Thomas... "You dont have to be able to lift 300lbs to catch a ball" (Somethign to that effect).

So it should be known that higher profile DT's are going to look at the Roster, and try to find a place where he can assure he'll get playing time. Bryant and Bostwik would have had to prove there were that much better than the guys mentioned above, just to avoid getting redshirted. Which I don't think would have happened.

Is Bryant a punk for not wanting to work through the process, sure...

But at the same time, when you sign so many guys at one position (in the trenches) in any given year, it's going affect the recruitment of that position in the year to follow.

Last edited:
Sileo has the head coach from Edison on right now and was hoping this coach was going to agree with him, but this coach is telling Sileo straight up everything that Coach Golden has been saying.

This.

There are certain things the Edison coach cant talk about on air. Invites Silly-O down for lunch so he can school him on how it works down there.

Advertisement
Anyone else hear Chick at 270 and Hamilton at 277 and say ****. Hamilton may grow into a DT.

Hamilton's gotta get some muscle tone on him. He's got soft, pudgy baby arms.

I hope it's good weight.

Remember Warren Sapp's offensive body when he was here? Dude was smoother than a porpoise. I don't put a ton of stock in the muscularity thing when it comes to linemen. The best are usually the country strong dudes who aren't ripped to shreds. That country strength is still there in the 4th quarter whereas that body builder **** usually wears off deep into the game.

Sileo has the head coach from Edison on right now and was hoping this coach was going to agree with him, but this coach is telling Sileo straight up everything that Coach Golden has been saying.
Good to hear that a high school coach is publicly backing up Golden. Helps to marginalize the idiots like Ice and Luke.

Hamilton's gotta get some muscle tone on him. He's got soft, pudgy baby arms.

I hope it's good weight.

Remember Warren Sapp's offensive body when he was here? Dude was smoother than a porpoise. I don't put a ton of stock in the muscularity thing when it comes to linemen. The best are usually the country strong dudes who aren't ripped to shreds. That country strength is still there in the 4th quarter whereas that body builder **** usually wears off deep into the game.

ROFL @ Remember Warren Sapp's offensive body when he was here? Dude was smoother than a porpoise.

Sapp had tremendously quick feet for a big guy, and knew how to use his hands in combat. Nowadays guys cling onto the opposing lineman like a magnet...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good to hear that a high school coach is publicly backing up Golden. Helps to marginalize the idiots like Ice and Luke.

Yeah... Edison is a hot bed for goalkeepers

Jorge Milian ‏@caneswatch
I'm told that early in the week, UM coaches were assured that Matthew Thomas and Keith Bryant would sign w/Miami before they flipped.

SMH if true, esp with the Collins news that he flipped at the last minute as well. Golden haters take note.

Yeah... Edison is a hot bed for goalkeepers

Irrelevant whether Edison is a hot bed for football players or not. It is still valuable to have other coaches familiar with Golden and recruiting in S. Florida speak up so we have a counter point out there to the self-serving garbage being dished by Ice and LUke.

Advertisement
Regarding Chick, he was playing with Vernon, ojomo, and forston who are all currently on NFL roster.

Now...

Golden may not be the guy to win it all here, we don't know yet. What we do know is he gives us the best shot at making it through this NCAA **** with the best roster we could ask for. There should be no doubt about that.

If we win big, which I believe we will, then we have it all.

Advertisement
Jorge Milian ‏@caneswatch
I'm told that early in the week, UM coaches were assured that Matthew Thomas and Keith Bryant would sign w/Miami before they flipped.

SMH if true, esp with the Collins news that he flipped at the last minute as well. Golden haters take note.

Sounds like we fell for the ol' double agent trick Bowden used to run on us.

And if true I hope Thomas blows out both ACL's cause it's one thing to go to FSU it's another to ***** your hometown team on the way out.

Chickilo at 270 has to mean they are going to give him a shot at DT. And didnt Jelani Hamilton play DT at St Thomas? And was pretty **** good at it too. I heard the Edison interview on Sileos show and it was great. It just kills this stupid notion that everybody in the inner city is against Golden. LUKE and a few BTW assistants are against Golden. I am not even ready to say that ICE is against Golden just yet. Yeah he might not bend over backwards to help him again but that doesnt mean he is against him. If CThomas or NPatton or **** his own son want to come to UM I believe ICE will be all for it.

Lets just face it..And its been said many times. MThomas did not want to come here. Period. Nothing Golden or Ice could have done. Kirkland wanted to leave too. Every so often you will get these kinds of kids and its been going on FOREVER. Remember when people thought the Killian coach hated UM because we NEVER got one of there kids. (I think Lamar was the first in a long time) But we whiffed on Bryce Bishop, Derrick Gibson, and the infamous Bobby Washington.

Advertisement
Back