Al Golden is soooooo gooood....

canesman

Junior
He is killin it on Joe Rose right now.

Guy is a genius and I hope he can overcome the bull**** he has to deal with.

Advertisement
Was about to post the same thing. The only thing that worries me is that he will eventually let the unnecessary BS get to him.

Advertisement
They (at least Puke) want to poison Golden with the Miami kids and leave the door as open as possible for Shammin. All this manufactured crapola began once their boy got a gig and it's a gig undoubtedly highly dependent on Shammin pulling SoFla recruits not for his defensive genius.

Last edited:
Love Al,,,I know he has to do this radio gig,,,,but get coaching mannnnn we need 10 wins..

Advertisement
Golden is not having it. He's been hearing all this noise for the past few days and has not been able to address it until yesterday.

Says he needs to continue to build on relationships already established w the coaches and getting used to the dynamics down here.

He knows his enemy and now knows how he needs to deal with them. Thank God this was not a critical class like last year. From his tone yesterday, I believe he is as help with this class as the others. Thomas and the other btw, was not coming here and I would not be surprised if the kids next year don't come either.

Love Al,,,I know he has to do this radio gig,,,,but get coaching mannnnn we need 10 wins..

What exactly is he supposed to be coaching right now? He just got through recruiting and couldn't even take a day to relax since he has a junior day this weekend.

Advertisement
I love it. Love the take on local recruiting....went into detail about what they do. Also talked about BTW and they really couldn't have done anything else.

He's so full of crap on the scholarships though...I get we imposed limits etc, but we would have taken Bostwick, Bryant, Collins, Thomas....trust me.

I only caught the tail-end.

Folks, this guy is waaaay too intelligent and thoughtful to burn bridges or permit misperceptions of him and the university to percolate in Miami. Told Joe he wanted to be "forthright" and address some of it head on. He is very bright. He is not arrogant or ****y; nor dismissive of what some people think, minority or not. He will address that. No doubt in my mind. Again, he's just too bright to burn bridges. He'll mend any problems that exist, real or not.

Said he understands the inner city and the "disenfranchised." Dealt with it at Temple. He said Temple in North Philly was the inner city. He's not disconnected with Miami's inner city and mentioned that there were multiple staff members at various games, both here and in Orlando, etc. Then started off running a list of all the mommas that trust him with their son.

On football front, disappointed they didn't hit on DTs.

Said DL is very important and pleased with progress on that front. McCord is up to 230-something from 212 last year. Chick is up to 270. Jelani is up to 277.

Again, this guy is impressive. I'm glad to have him.

Golden WQAM interview 2/7/13
http://wqam.com/interviews

I'll update as I sift through the interview.

Al said:

- We were 3 for 6 yesterday. So that means that DK did not have an offer.
- Focus on the Ones we got (great)
- Talks glowingly about our class.
- Feels bad for the kids we had to face all the negativity about the kids we didn't get.
- Talked about how many kids we targeted at each position and admitted we missed on 1 RB, 1 LB and DT.
- In terms of need......absolutely loves this class.
- Went strong against the critics of his South Florida recruiting.
- Doesn't want to play Russian roulette on signing day again. (Hat Game)
- Couldn't over sign this year
- Self imposed scholarship limit and official visits (only 27 this year)
- Wants to be here forever.
- FSU and FLA took 1 kid in dade and broward last year and they get a free pass?
- Doesn't take personal $$ for Al Golden football camps.
- Talked about BTW relationships and how he has to keep working on relationships with all coaches.
- Said Coach D and Barrow were at BTW 12 times since last December. (6 per year) and he went twice. (1 per year per regs)
- Starting to "understand" the dynamic down here.
- Ask current players parents if they "trust" him with their kids. Proof is in the pudding.
- Will continue to work on DT for THIS CLASS. Late qualifiers and JUCO.
- Is sitting at his desk right now working on 2014 class.....promised himself he wouldn't do it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I love it. Love the take on local recruiting....went into detail about what they do. Also talked about BTW and they really couldn't have done anything else.

He's so full of crap on the scholarships though...I get we imposed limits etc, but we would have taken Bostwick, Bryant, Collins, Thomas....trust me.

Big Al -
Bostwick was the only missssssss.
Bryant is a fruit cake and drama queen. He will do more harm at FSU than good. I'm actually happy on this one.
Collins and that story will continue to develop for a long time. That **** makes NO sense!
Thomas simply loves FSU (regardless of the fact almost every coach left). Deciding factor- brother is in the same town with him...

Of course "ICE" and "Luke" have an agenda and it revolves around Corch Radio Shammin. "Ice" and Radio are BFF's who have gotten around a bowl of chicken wings to try their best to communicate back and forth many times. **** if any of you recall Corch Radio Shammin used to be the bagman in the big hit lottery for "Luke" back in the day. Corch Radio Shammin would pass out the money "Luke" gave him to players with the biggest hits. That's why I USED to laugh "thank you baby Jesus!" when all of these Corch Radio supporters used to claim Corch Radio was such an upstanding person. Yeah, the bagman from the glory days is soooooo squeaky clean.

Where was I? Oh yeah! Fock "Ice", "Luke" and "Corch Radio Shammin"!

Listening to it now. Man, AG is an impressive fella. Before I scroll down, is the uncle Luke interview worth listening to??

Advertisement
Back