Al Golden is soooooo gooood....

Advertisement
I love it. Love the take on local recruiting....went into detail about what they do. Also talked about BTW and they really couldn't have done anything else.

He's so full of crap on the scholarships though...I get we imposed limits etc, but we would have taken Bostwick, Bryant, Collins, Thomas....trust me.

Big Al -
Bostwick was the only missssssss.
Bryant is a fruit cake and drama queen. He will do more harm at FSU than good. I'm actually happy on this one.
Collins and that story will continue to develop for a long time. That **** makes NO sense!
Thomas simply loves FSU (regardless of the fact almost every coach left). Deciding factor- brother is in the same town with him...

Sure, but we STILL would have taken them if they all wanted to come.

I love it. Love the take on local recruiting....went into detail about what they do. Also talked about BTW and they really couldn't have done anything else.

He's so full of crap on the scholarships though...I get we imposed limits etc, but we would have taken Bostwick, Bryant, Collins, Thomas....trust me.

When Golden says he was up against a hard number he means that he could not recruit other kids and had to play "Russian roulette" with those guys he really wanted in the class. Golden is honest and doesn't play recruiting games like his counter parts. He is not going to recruit and offer kids he doesn't believe the program can take on or kids that aren't good fits. Suppose Golden did recruit all of these other targets ppl wished him to pursue then he received those LOIs in addition to Bryant,Collins,Thomas etc. and was over the limit they self imposed. Then he was forced to turn kids away, what would the back lash be then? You're thinking of the wrong #. The hard number wasn't 16. The hard number was 20 which is a 5 scholie self imposed penalty.

Easy math we signed 16 "wiffed" on 4 and pulled 1 offer to make sure we didnt go over 20.

Anyone else hear Chick at 270 and Hamilton at 277 and say ****. Hamilton may grow into a DT.

Advertisement
Also said he will continue to pursue more DTs whether they are late qualifiers, JUCOs who havent signed yet, or transfers.

Anyone else hear Chick at 270 and Hamilton at 277 and say ****. Hamilton may grow into a DT.

Larry and I are on record as far as saying we don't think he has frame to do it; Lu disagrees. We'll see. Might happen if he keeps putting on weight.

Advertisement

Pretty clear what the plan is with Chick. For all the dudes who wanted him on Jenny Craig, this dude's dad and grandpa were big guys for their time who played inside. Chick might see his future in the NFL being on the inside. He might realize that he doesn't have the requisite necessities to be successful as a pass rusher coming off the edge.

Advertisement
Maybe they actually do end up going to a 3-4 and Chick can play DE in that. If not, keep gaining weight and move to DT big feller

Pretty clear what the plan is with Chick. For all the dudes who wanted him on Jenny Craig, this dude's dad and grandpa were big guys for their time who played inside. Chick might see his future in the NFL being on the inside. He might realize that he doesn't have the requisite necessities to be successful as a pass rusher coming off the edge.

3-4 DE IMO...

Advertisement
Or, we sub out Chick on some passing plays and bring in the McCords of the world. Having a 270 lb DE next to DTs sounds great for run-stuffing.

Sileo has the head coach from Edison on right now and was hoping this coach was going to agree with him, but this coach is telling Sileo straight up everything that Coach Golden has been saying.

I hope that's 270lbs of good weight for Chick.

I know he played **** near every snap last year, but he didn't look as explosive as he did as a freshman.

Advertisement
Back