Al Golden Defends Cheeseburgers from Kelly's Insult

Advertisement
Some choice tidbits:

"We’re trying to develop self-reliant, independent young men that can operate on a daily basis"
“Just a big, strong, physical guy,” Golden said. “We needed an inside guy. He played well for them, both in his ability to anchor but also in the movement skill."

Golden reminds me of the "Foisted" episode on Curb Your Enthusiasm: everyone passing off and trying to get rid of the buffoon and look respectable doing it.

694482F0-B1DA-4B5B-AA55-2545B13B24BE.jpeg

Advertisement
It's truly impressive that he is where he is at now given what he did to this program.
People need to just stop comparing Al Golden, Randy Shannon, and everyone else to what is happening now. Had UM opened their wallets, A) none of them would have been hired, and B) even if they were, they would have been able to hire quality assistant coaches. UM pinched pennies for years. UM ran UM football into the ground, not Coker, Shannon, Golden, Richt, or Manny.

People need to just stop comparing Al Golden, Randy Shannon, and everyone else to what is happening now. Had UM opened their wallets, A) none of them would have been hired, and B) even if they were, they would have been able to hire quality assistant coaches. UM pinched pennies for years. UM ran UM football into the ground, not Coker, Shannon, Golden, Richt, or Manny.

Absolutely, UM ran itself into the ground. None of those coaches should have been hired, even as much as I love Coach Richt, he was past his time. But do appreciate his action on IPF and somewhat stabilizing the program a few years.

But Coker, Shannon, and Manny are the worst IMO, none of them had any business running this program. But of all of them, Golden coached through the hardest time period here IMO. OB was freshly gone, Joe Robbie Stadium was absolute garbage along with it's garbage tenant, The Marlins, UM admin was cheap as **** after Shannon in terms of support and staff, facilities were absolutely atrocious, FSU was having it's best years in a decade with a Natty, and we had the biggest cork sucking Miami fan ever Nevin Shapiro to deal with.

Even with his BFF's defense, that's a lot to overcome. At the end of the day, all UM's fault, not the coaches.

Advertisement
There really is nothing wrong with cheeseburgers for football players. Great source of protein. Red meat contains a lot of Creatine. If you need the extra calories you can get the higher fat versions.

The problem under Golden, as far as cheeseburgers go, is the players would be lining up in front of the Wendys on campus to be getting triple baconators with soda.

A laughable exchange between two of CIS's least liked individuals and a historic hated foe.

Al is such a sad little company man and empty suit—sucking up to the employer here and trying to win brownie points with the admin before he rolls out a sub-par defense this fall.

Whatever Notre Dame does or doesn't have, it's no mystery that LSU and other SEC programs are going to have a dining and training table experience that just shats on anything in South Bend, so just tap out of the argument and blow the dust off that 300-page binder, homeboy.

dEsERvE viCTorY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! piLlaRS oF sUCceSs!!!!!

Charles Barkley was on the 2 pizza a day diet at auburn and before every nba game he’d have 2 filet of fish from McDonald’s on the way

Honestly... props to Al for turning his career around and coming back from the depths of ****. Id figure he would have been serving me up Chick-fil-a in Detroit not long ago.
He was living off the checks he collected from Miami after he was fired. I guess he decided to get back into the college game when that gravy train ran out.

Advertisement
Charles barkley is also a genetic specimen, not someone you want to model your diet regimen off of.

There’s always been guys like that. Babe Ruth, Bartolo Colón, even Shaq, and of course our own Big daddy Wilfork. Guys that are probably genetically predisposed to be fatter in general, but are also great athletes. There’s not a ton of them but they’re out there, many of them Hall of Fame type athletes. I’m sure there’s several more names that could be added to the list.

Advertisement
There’s always been guys like that. Babe Ruth, Bartolo Colón, even Shaq, and of course our own Big daddy Wilfork. Guys that are probably genetically predisposed to be fatter in general, but are also great athletes. There’s not a ton of them but they’re out there, many of them Hall of Fame type athletes. I’m sure there’s several more names that could be added to the list.
James Toney the boxer was like that. Insane amount of cardio even with a belly. Then you have the other guys who don't eat healthy at all and stay shredded.

Advertisement
Back