Al Blades Jr.

I dont get that either. id like to see all and DJ play tighter coverage. but I think its because our linebackers are always blitzing. could be wrong

We actually aren’t that aggressive other than the front four. Cause chaos in the front end and keep everything in front of you. Hence why we rarely get beat for bombs. A lot of cover 1/cover 3 mixed with zone blitzes. Even the blitzes normally have a deep safety or center fielder.

A lot of our issues is when cb’s hand the wr’s off to lb’s in zone, short , intermediate stuff. In manny’s head with all the chaos in the front you won’t have time to hit many deep passes. That’s why tackling is huge , he’s always preaching for cb’s “ if you can’t tackle , you won’t play. With our aggressiveness they have to to tackle.

Advertisement
We actually aren’t that aggressive other than the front four. Cause chaos in the front end and keep everything in front of you. Hence why we rarely get beat for bombs. A lot of cover 1/cover 3 mixed with zone blitzes. Even the blitzes normally have a deep safety or center fielder.

A lot of our issues is when cb’s hand the wr’s off to lb’s in zone, short , intermediate stuff. In manny’s head with all the chaos in the front you won’t have time to hit many deep passes. That’s why tackling is huge , he’s always preaching for cb’s “ if you can’t tackle , you won’t play. With our aggressiveness they have to to tackle.
that makes sense. do you think we should run more man than zone or leave it as is? I feel like when we play the Clemsons of the world that soft coverage might bite us in the butt

Great group.. but keep an eye on Kamren Kinchens.. that boy good and the best ball-hawk talent we have once he steps on campus

James William will be pushing hard too
Disagree, he was/is a ballhawk in hs! Let him do it first b4 we give him that title. As of right now we do need a ballhawk though.

Good coaching is often about matchups, and Usually, a good HC/OC will try to dictate the matchups. UL HC Satterfield and his staff designed plays, formations and alignments so that Atwell is matched up on Bolden, Carter or Crouch, then a good QB like Cunningham will look to go to that matchup as often as it presents itself.

I knew Blades had to have a good coverage grade (he always does), but Blades coverage grade through the first two weeks is SICK❗️If Blades keeps this up, he will not return next season. Just go back and look at the college football CBs with the best PFF coverage grades over the last three seasons, and you will see a lot of 1-3rd round NFL draft picks
Its tecory couch!

Whether Blades leaves or stays, who gives AF right now, that's along ways away, he's here now, **** on here need to stop trying to act like they are the UM recruiting coordinators, we got db's, we good, so keep quiet and talk about the now, our db's have not been a problem since coach rumph got here. The problem now is the d-co not knowing WTF he's doing!
99% agree, but its rumph fault we don't have enough cb's

Advertisement
99% agree, but its rumph fault we don't have enough cb's
I disagree. Despite rumph not being a great recruiter the cb depth is still on diaz. He is the hc and he manages the numbers. He went after no juco corners or corners in the portal which sends the message you are fine with what you have.

I disagree. Despite rumph not being a great recruiter the cb depth is still on diaz. He is the hc and he manages the numbers. He went after no juco corners or corners in the portal which sends the message you are fine with what you have.
Enough blame to go around, but, diaz should've been/should be procactive like he was with baker.

Bandy wasnt advised to leave. hes said it himself. he knew it was a risk but he had to take the chance for financial reasons. its easy from the outside to call a kid an idiot but youre not privy to some of the burdens these kids have to bare. I cant knock Bandy for making the jump if his family needed it financially
I certainly didn’t call the kid an idiot. I understand he had his reasons. But I don’t agree with his decision. I think with another solid year of film he could have actually been drafted and locked in to a multi year deal instead of bouncing around on practices squads.

Advertisement
There’s no “ if he leaves “. This is Al’s last year here.
Y do we have so many guys yearning to leave after 3 yrs whether they are prepared or not? Here we got Clemson players coming back for their Sr year, even with a high draft grade, to finish what they left behind last season (a national title), yet we got guys leaving b4 we can get anything started. Man I miss the days of our studs staying to finish something they started.

Did he even give a pass up today? Blades got one thing he really needs to work on and that’s getting more physical on the edge in the run game when disengaging blockers and the. he could be a very good college corner. He’s been great in coverage this year and is making plays

Advertisement
This guy is the prototypical recruit who comes in works hard and develops every year until he becomes comfortable with the speed of the game and then you play with confidence. He is awesome and is playing with that dog in him! I see him having a monster year for a person who nobody thought would be this great or even start year! Proud of him!

I've been pounding the table on this since Manny's first year here. His defense is all about not getting beat deep. Its not exactly bend-but-don't-break, but its going to give up yards and chunk plays. Eventually, Manny's defense is going to get you behind schedule due to sacks, TFL generated with the front four and thats when he brings the heat, keeps everything in front, and wants to force turnovers.

Biggest problem I've been seeing through 3 games is not so much the CBs can't tackle, but they have been struggling to get off blocks. It hasn't meant much, obviously, we've been bulldozing these jobbers, but its a concern going into Clemson. The Clemson WRs are huge human beings that will take you deep, but ETN or Lawrence getting outside on some designs doesn't bode well when our CBs aren't shedding and coming down.

I've been pounding the table on this since Manny's first year here. His defense is all about not getting beat deep. Its not exactly bend-but-don't-break, but its going to give up yards and chunk plays. Eventually, Manny's defense is going to get you behind schedule due to sacks, TFL generated with the front four and thats when he brings the heat, keeps everything in front, and wants to force turnovers.

Biggest problem I've been seeing through 3 games is not so much the CBs can't tackle, but they have been struggling to get off blocks. It hasn't meant much, obviously, we've been bulldozing these jobbers, but its a concern going into Clemson. The Clemson WRs are huge human beings that will take you deep, but ETN or Lawrence getting outside on some designs doesn't bode well when our CBs aren't shedding and coming down.
Ninja we about to beat the chit out of clemson... stop being scared...

Advertisement

Agree with all of this

Advertisement
Back