Al Blades Jr.

I'm happy that he is having success and he may declare but I honestly think he should stay. If he stays through his senior year he could up his stock considerably.

Why wasn't Blades on Atwell then? Why don't we see more man coverage with Blades? I like the kid and think he has very good potential but he has a way to go before he is truly ready for the league.
Good coaching is often about matchups, and Usually, a good HC/OC will try to dictate the matchups. UL HC Satterfield and his staff designed plays, formations and alignments so that Atwell is matched up on Bolden, Carter or Crouch, then a good QB like Cunningham will look to go to that matchup as often as it presents itself.

I knew Blades had to have a good coverage grade (he always does), but Blades coverage grade through the first two weeks is SICK❗️If Blades keeps this up, he will not return next season. Just go back and look at the college football CBs with the best PFF coverage grades over the last three seasons, and you will see a lot of 1-3rd round NFL draft picks

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ll believe it when i see it in regards to blades leaving early talk. He still would have to finish this year well and he has his uncles around to help him make a sound decision plus he’s a smart kid in his own right.

Advertisement
Being “ that good” hasn’t mattered lately
Both. That’s the plan.
As to being “that good” not mattering lately, hopefully we win this year, and winning changes the culture.

As to Al leaving, I saw a few preseason draft sites that have Al ranked around the 20th CB. The season is early and he certainly has time to improve his stock, but I think he needs to improve his (already decent) ball skills to make up for his lack of top end speed.

Smh, these players never learn. Apparently he hasn’t followed Bandys terrible decision. Same thing will happen with Blades.
The difference is Blades has length and size. He continues to put up good numbers despite what the CIS "experts" think. I'd like to see him stay his senior year and increase his draft stock but won't be surprised if he enters the draft.

Advertisement
Would be a terrible decision but wouldnt surprise me

So Christian Williams would be top 3 next year regardless and he still bounced?

It’s not whether guys have room to improve. It’s about whether or not they believe can make that improvement at Miami.

Some of these kids probably feel like they are not getting good enough coaching to justify staying.

Who has underachieved because of poor coaching here then then gone on to blow up in the the NFL?

Great group.. but keep an eye on Kamren Kinchens.. that boy good and the best ball-hawk talent we have once he steps on campus

James William will be pushing hard too
Lol Banda ain’t playing no Frosh heavy safety snaps. You can forget that

Advertisement
Back