Al Blades Jr.

There’s no “ if he leaves “. This is Al’s last year here.
That’s unfortunate because if UM has a good year and Blades has some success, he’ll come into his senior season as the hyped #1 cornerback in the conference. That in turn will help draft status and make Glades a lot more money. Sooner or later someone has to teach economics to these kids. Yes if you are poor or starving go as early as you can. But the Blades family is not destitute and can afford for Al to stay in college for his senior year and make that long-term investment.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That’s unfortunate because if UM has a good year and Blades has some success, he’ll come into his senior season as the hyped #1 cornerback in the conference. That in turn will help draft status and make Glades a lot more money. Sooner or later someone has to teach economics to these kids. Yes if you are poor or starving go as early as you can. But the Blades family is not destitute and can afford for Al to stay in college for his senior year and make that long-term investment.

Unless there’s an injury or the season bottoms out for him he’s 100 % gone. Hopefully he’s thinking like that if he gets a third or fourth round grade. Maybe one day they’ll learn.

That’s been the theme at CB- missing out on *everyone*. I understand we aren’t going to get all of our targets. But whiffing on all of the targets is just unacceptable. Example- Jason Marshall and Diivad Wilson. Get one of them. Just one. Missed on both. In 2018- Asante Samuel Jr, PS2, Tyson Campbell, Josh Jobe. Just get one of those four and our CB room is completely different. Too many misses.
Divaad Wilson is Mannys fault and his fault alone. DW wanted to transfer here. Even if Rumph told him we were good at CB, Manny should have told him to F off and went after DWilson anyway. A rookie mistake that I hope he learns from.

Advertisement

Or......we can (begrudgingly) understand that kids come to UM in order to get to the NFL ASAP so, therefore, our coaches need to recruit to that reality - even use it as a recruiting positive when selling depth to kids. No sense crying about it as it is what it is.....anyways, we are not even halfway into 2020 season and people are discussing this?

Unless there’s an injury or the season bottoms out for him he’s 100 % gone. Hopefully he’s thinking like that if he gets a third or fourth round grade. Maybe one day they’ll learn.
I’m confident you are correct. That’s my fear.

Advertisement
Blades would be a 7th round choice. The if you are poor make the jump route is comical. The pros do not care if you are poor. If your not talented do not make the jump. Get a degree.

Becoming more and more likely Blades enters the draft after the 2020 season.

I'm happy that he is having success and he may declare but I honestly think he should stay. If he stays through his senior year he could up his stock considerably.

Why wasn't Blades on Atwell then? Why don't we see more man coverage with Blades? I like the kid and think he has very good potential but he has a way to go before he is truly ready for the league.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back