Akheem Mesidor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to bring it up but remember when people predicted that no one would watch the NFL in 2017 because of a certain someone doing a certain pose? Five years later, the NFL is in front of an insane television deal.

Same applies here. A small percentage of the people will complain, but at the end of the day, people will consume and watch it. Especially once USC and Miami return to their glory days.

But this thing could have ended at "people are upset" and about 99% of all issues on this planet are explained within three words.
Exactly

It's like buying something on Amazon. Anything over 85% product review is an excellent product 99% of the time because I fully expect a small percentage of mouth breathers being upset just because that's who they are.

Advertisement
Bro LT used to get stood straight up because he plays super high. He was nothing but a flash pan guy who showed what he could be against lower comp. You gotta calm down with all that.
Man stop! The man was only a true freshman but he led the team in TFL as a true freshman so u calm down! He’s the best DL on the team

Advertisement
Mackmiller974, I ask you does it benefit college athletics, does it benefit STUDENTS, does it benefit handlers, does it benefit fair competition, does it benefit society, does it shape men & women to be loyal to their commitment and word, and finally the Almighty dollar is the winner here and NOT COLLEGE FOOTBALL!
Who benefitted before NIL?

Answer: The schools willing to excuse illegal activity as long as no repercussions would fall on the school itself. Do you think Bama, Clemson, OSU, and aTm's administrations weren't aware of how they were getting top recruits? They had a layer of disconnect allowing them a shield from prosecution. Now everyone plays by the same rules. Some places will have a geographic or financial advantage, but they do for every other aspect of life as well.

It's not one or the other guy. Why does everything need to be like old film, black & white? We live in a world where in everyday interactions and life in general it's all about variations, subtlety, and millions of shades of gray.

Just because these guys transfer from another school to better themselves and maybe make some money does not mean suddenly they're greedy money hungry whores. A whole lot of these guys will continue to be good decent people. And just like before NIL a ton of them won't make it to the NFL and will have to live in the real world afterwards anyway.

College football has generated billions of dollars directly from the hard work and effort these young men put in and when they suddenly start to make some money off of it everybody starts clutching their pearls and saying "woe is me" I must white knight for the tradition that is college football. **** that. We live in the real world where employers are not loyal to their employees and the dollar is king. It's the only thing that puts food on the table. "Loyalty" in the corporate sense is dead thanks to corporations. The only way to get a raise is to go to the competition because very very very few corporations want to pay people what they are worth.

Let these young men make their own decisions. Experience is the best teacher in life.
The biggest issue with the kids moving is now the kids can make their own decisions. It upsets the apple cart of the employer (school/coach) holding all the cards. Coach can leave anytime and no one ever says anything. Kids should have the same freedom.

Think the **** Urban Liar tried to pull at Jacksonville to the players. He probably did worse at his college stops. Had the kids trapped cause he could pull a scholarship.

Advertisement
LT will be a solid player but this idea that he should be the only DT penciled in as the day 1 starter is a bit far fetched, he still needs to prove it on the field.
While I normally don't agree with you, I do think it's going to be 2 of Harrison-Hunte, Lich and Mesidor starting with LT as the 4th DT. Agude and Harvey will be the DE's.

Advertisement
I was wondering how the Akheem Mesidor 2.0 thread was going to get started, guess we have our answer.
Good point and I was complicit. But to get things back on track, this might help, especially given the Mesidor might feel safer comment.

Good point and I was complicit. But to get things back on track, this might help, especially given the Mesidor might feel safer comment.

Oh my lord. Two GLARING problems with that article.

First, there is the potential misinterpretation of Mesidor's own words. Allow me to explain. Here is the relevant sentence: "These past 48 hours have been extremely challenging and at times I have felt unsafe on campus." Note Akheem's use of "past 48 hours". He could very well be referring to the social media threats he has received since announcing his decision to transfer (which might also be a valid reason for the WVU coach to call a press conference, to try to quiet the outrage). But instead, the beat writer decided to try to connect this statement to a stabbing several weeks ago. I mean, hey, it's entirely possible that Akheem is worried about the stabbing too, but the assumption that his statement is only referencing this one type of violence is just ridiculous.

Second, the beat writer is completely unaware of what happens with transfers, and what constitutes tampering. He seems to think that these kids are just ignorant innocents who are sitting around, carefree, until a predatory rival coach illegally contacts them to seduce them into the Portal. This writer has no idea that much of the "pre-Portal" back channel communication is initiated by players looking to find a (probable) landing spot prior to announcing entry into the Portal.

And both of these things are indicative of the small-town mindset of WVU fans and the WVU community.

It would be nice if they could get a better understanding of these things, but I won't hold my breath.

Oh my lord. Two GLARING problems with that article.

First, there is the potential misinterpretation of Mesidor's own words. Allow me to explain. Here is the relevant sentence: "These past 48 hours have been extremely challenging and at times I have felt unsafe on campus." Note Akheem's use of "past 48 hours". He could very well be referring to the social media threats he has received since announcing his decision to transfer (which might also be a valid reason for the WVU coach to call a press conference, to try to quiet the outrage). But instead, the beat writer decided to try to connect this statement to a stabbing several weeks ago. I mean, hey, it's entirely possible that Akheem is worried about the stabbing too, but the assumption that his statement is only referencing this one type of violence is just ridiculous.

Second, the beat writer is completely unaware of what happens with transfers, and what constitutes tampering. He seems to think that these kids are just ignorant innocents who are sitting around, carefree, until a predatory rival coach illegally contacts them to seduce them into the Portal. This writer has no idea that much of the "pre-Portal" back channel communication is initiated by players looking to find a (probable) landing spot prior to announcing entry into the Portal.

And both of these things are indicative of the small-town mindset of WVU fans and the WVU community.

It would be nice if they could get a better understanding of these things, but I won't hold my breath.
Butthurt doesn't bring out the best in people.

Advertisement
Did **** Vitale graduate from Tennessee, where they develop "Life Champions"?

He's never once said a word about "quitting/lack of loyalty" when it comes to multi-million-dollar coaches moving from school to school. Nope. But it's only the players who should be bound for 5 years to a decision that they made when they were 17 or 18 years old, when they realistically only have a 48 hour visit (and a bunch of phone calls and e-mails) to make a life decision.

Makes sense.
Yep, you’re right. So fucc Dookie V., and his opinions regarding this. He’s an old man trapped inside of an old man’s ideology

While I normally don't agree with you, I do think it's going to be 2 of Harrison-Hunte, Lich and Mesidor starting with LT as the 4th DT. Agude and Harvey will be the DE's.
Lmfao. Mesidor is a DE and no way in **** LT will be the 4th DT after running with the 1s all spring. Did you hear dmoney on the podcast? He said they could keep LT off the field because he was just too good. And he showed up in all the scrimmages. You would definitely be a terrible coach

LT will be a solid player but this idea that he should be the only DT penciled in as the day 1 starter is a bit far fetched, he still needs to prove it on the field.
U man arguing over who starting on the DL. We need 10-12 man who we can roll in and out and keep the OL off balance and our players fresh. We need consistency from everybody for 60 mins. They have 4 months to gwt right, work on their bodies and their assignments, football IQ all that to try to win the ACC. LT all of them need to work. They were being coach by coaches who didn't emphasize fundamentals and the new staff only been with them for less than 3 months. Not magic to get them right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back