Akheem Mesidor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
“ ….you don’t need my addy ,just come to Motown”…..

Made me laugh….why cause they got a new shopping mall to visit….😂

Advertisement

Did **** Vitale graduate from Tennessee, where they develop "Life Champions"?

He's never once said a word about "quitting/lack of loyalty" when it comes to multi-million-dollar coaches moving from school to school. Nope. But it's only the players who should be bound for 5 years to a decision that they made when they were 17 or 18 years old, when they realistically only have a 48 hour visit (and a bunch of phone calls and e-mails) to make a life decision.

Makes sense.

“ ….you don’t need my addy ,just come to Motown”…..

Made me laugh….why cause they got a new shopping mall to visit….😂

Shopping mall? That's way too advanced for West Virginia. Now, a new flea market is something that justifies a parade down Main Street.

Watched WVU play against Oklahoma last season. Their defense was legitimately 'flyin around.' We got a baller.

Advertisement
Shopping mall? That's way too advanced for West Virginia. Now, a new flea market is something that justifies a parade down Main Street.

Well since they consider a 7/11 next to an Exxon with a subway inside a shopping mall I figured maybe they had a new one..🤷‍♂️

Mackmiller974, I ask you does it benefit college athletics, does it benefit STUDENTS, does it benefit handlers, does it benefit fair competition, does it benefit society, does it shape men & women to be loyal to their commitment and word, and finally the Almighty dollar is the winner here and NOT COLLEGE FOOTBALL!

Mackmiller974, I ask you does it benefit college athletics, does it benefit STUDENTS, does it benefit handlers, does it benefit fair competition, does it benefit society, does it shape men & women to be loyal to their commitment and word, and finally the Almighty dollar is the winner here and NOT COLLEGE FOOTBALL!
It's not one or the other guy. Why does everything need to be like old film, black & white? We live in a world where in everyday interactions and life in general it's all about variations, subtlety, and millions of shades of gray.

Just because these guys transfer from another school to better themselves and maybe make some money does not mean suddenly they're greedy money hungry whores. A whole lot of these guys will continue to be good decent people. And just like before NIL a ton of them won't make it to the NFL and will have to live in the real world afterwards anyway.

College football has generated billions of dollars directly from the hard work and effort these young men put in and when they suddenly start to make some money off of it everybody starts clutching their pearls and saying "woe is me" I must white knight for the tradition that is college football. **** that. We live in the real world where employers are not loyal to their employees and the dollar is king. It's the only thing that puts food on the table. "Loyalty" in the corporate sense is dead thanks to corporations. The only way to get a raise is to go to the competition because very very very few corporations want to pay people what they are worth.

Let these young men make their own decisions. Experience is the best teacher in life.

Advertisement
why cant you let people have their freedom? especially young athletes, who had 25x less freedom compared to the coaches who recruited them?

why cant you let people have their freedom? especially young athletes, who had 25x less freedom compared to the coaches who recruited them?
People are upset at the "unknown" suddenly being visible as if this wasn't already happening.

Bender over/under on CFB still annihilating ratings this fall?

Lez be honest. The "old guard" (Saban/Dabo) are mad they have to compete and ****** fanbases who have never won anything ever are mad their obsolescence is in plain view.

Advertisement
Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

I am about as old school and traditional as it gets around here but even I am enjoying the Portal and NILs.

Reality is that it all began with ESPN taking control of the NFL first, then taking over control of college football ... they determine broadcast time slots regardless of a university preference. They turned the sport into a major dollar generating machine and those revenue $$$ really changed the panorama when coaches salaries started to skyrocket and now the NIL ... currently with no control mechanisms ... has put college sports in a sort of free fall. Seems like some sort of regulation is needed ... but in the meantime it is like viewing a train wreck at high speed .... nobody knows what will happen.

People are upset at the "unknown" suddenly being visible as if this wasn't already happening.

Bender over/under on CFB still annihilating ratings this fall?

Lez be honest. The "old guard" (Saban/Dabo) are mad they have to compete and ****** fanbases who have never won anything ever are mad their obsolescence is in plain view.
I hate to bring it up but remember when people predicted that no one would watch the NFL in 2017 because of a certain someone doing a certain pose? Five years later, the NFL is in front of an insane television deal.

Same applies here. A small percentage of the people will complain, but at the end of the day, people will consume and watch it. Especially once USC and Miami return to their glory days.

But this thing could have ended at "people are upset" and about 99% of all issues on this planet are explained within three words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back