Ajay Allen RB from Nebraska hits the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Facts u need size (pause) and speed at RB if u want a legit NFL type. I like CJ but if u can't break arm tackles u cooked. Butch used to get big n fast guys. Our last monster backs pro bowl types were from that era.

Exactly. Butch's RB's

Edge - 216
Jackson - 210
Najeh - 247
Portis - 201
McGahee - 223
Gore - 217

We'll never reach that level of talent again, but we'll be better if we start looking more like it.

Advertisement
I think what's misunderstood is just how small these RB's are. We're not recruiting 1 Big / 1 Small - it's more like 1 Big / 1 Tiny

Here's the average weight of RB's at each level:

NFL - 214
FBS - 202
FCS - 196
D2/D3 - 190

So if 50% of our RB group (or any position group) is that small - Parrish (190), Allen, (185-190), CJ (Let's give him 185) - it's cause for concern.

At 190 - that's 25 lbs under the average NFL RB weight. Same thing if it went the other way - if we had 3 240+ lb RB's - it would also be bad roster building.

Now this may be a "this where we're at and this is the best we can get" situation. But here's the last 15 years of Georgia & Alabama RB's at the NFL combine. Other top RB producing schools like OSU, LSU, Wisconsin, etc. look the same.

Top colleges rarely even mess with RB's these body types ever - let alone have 50% of their roster looking like the average D2/D3 player.

View attachment 237693
Thats cool n all but were not running offensive systems of either schools...and why are we comparing the weight of hs rbs to that of those with 3 and 4 or 5 years of college s&c?.

I mean sh*t why are we even caring about weight of a hs jr rb at the present time?.

That guy bshaw has been tripling and quadrupling down on his crazy arguments about running backs for a couple of days now...

Here's the weird thing - I'm giving you facts and you're interperating them as opinions.

The average NFL RB is 214. The average FBS RB is 202. 190 is much lighter. How is that an opinion?

Of the Top 10 teams in college last year - Jahmyr Gibbs was the smallest at 199. 199 may not be "small", but it's below average. These are facts, not opinions.

Here's the weird thing - I'm giving you facts and you're interperating them as opinions.

The average NFL RB is 214. The average FBS RB is 202. 190 is much lighter. How is that an opinion?

Of the Top 10 teams in college last year - Jahmyr Gibbs was the smallest at 199. 199 may not be "small", but it's below average. These are facts, not opinions.
Ok, got it & point made. We should recruit bigger backs.

Advertisement
Thats cool n all but were not running offensive systems of either schools...and why are we comparing the weight of hs rbs to that of those with 3 and 4 or 5 years of college s&c?.

I mean sh*t why are we even caring about weight of a hs jr rb at the present time?.

Because it matters for what we can project them to play at in college. If a RB recruit is 175 in HS - project 20 lbs on him to 195 and he'd still be a small college RB and a tiny NFL RB

If we took a commit from a 140 lb RB, would you have concerns? Of course you would. So to act like weight doesn't matter at all is crazy

We track height/weight/speed because all of matters in projecting success.

Don‘t do it friend lol. I said I wouldn’t get involved other day when I read this but here we are. Just run.

So Lucious Stanley 2.0? 10.0? .25?

What are we talking here?

Dont know but Lucious Stanley would be all the rave with his BMI and weight for mah dawg @bshaw28.

I dont know man @bshaw28 wheel house is running backs so i track his post on rbs its always good stuff.

But my man has been complaining for years about us not being explosive at rb, calling most of the recent ones basically avg or jags because of this...

we recruit 2 very explosive rbs the last 2 classes....and my man now is complaining that they skinny and now were talking BMI.

At this point im realizing that @bshaw28 wont be happy with a rb we recruit unless he is the love child of the off springs of Adrian Peterson, Jim Brown, Brittney Grinder, and Shelly Ann Fraser.

So 20 years ago? I know Portis and he was nowhere near 201 when he was in HS.

He was recruited as a cb by most schools.
When clint came in he was 180 tops. Soaking wet. I still remember first time I met his crazy *** when he came for a visit. Was quiet as a church mouse(which for anyone who knows Clint you know how unlike him that is) 3 days until I heard a word out of him. Basically everyone looked at him as a cb. Even we were until he played some intramural with this chick named Melanie he met at a frat party the night before. CJ saw something in his movement made him bring sarge over and the rest we already know...

Advertisement
He weighed 199 at the combine. Do you rally think he played at that weight during the season ? His size was an issue and why he was projected by many as a late first rounder / early second , more of an out of the backfield type. So that example was dead on. I’m sure he added 5-7 pounds after the season to get around the two hundred mark like most of the guys do. Btw that’s with him being in college 3-4 years which is even more to my point.

Whats the big deal of 180 versus 190 when you show up to a campus ? Especially in todays football. This is silly talk. Gibbs likely played the season at the 193-195 range and had plenty of touches in the Sec.

Gibbs has been listed...by three different sources over years (plural) at 199-200...but you claim he played 7 pounds lighter. Care to show your work or are you just making **** up?

Because it matters for what we can project them to play at in college. If a RB recruit is 175 in HS - project 20 lbs on him to 195 and he'd still be a small college RB and a tiny NFL RB

If we took a commit from a 140 lb RB, would you have concerns? Of course you would. So to act like weight doesn't matter at all is crazy

We track height/weight/speed because all of matters in projecting success.
again as long as he is getting it done at the college level i could care less about his nfl projections or nfl combine weight.

Keep in mind im an ol cournessier...but witht he continued production on the ol...alot of what your posting would be moot especially considering we arent looking for a str8 up bell cow....we also arent expecting these 2 kids to come in right now and take a bunch of carries anyway.

I like my rbs in the same mode you do..but these 2 kids arent hurting anything...and the portal kid if he commits wont either. I mean sh*t we have Fletcher from last class who is a kid we will have to monitor as to not get too big, citizen, and chaney all big guys.

We are still on in recruiting on Chauncey Bowens, Kewan Lacey, and a few other "biggwer" backs no need to panic.

When clint came in he was 180 tops. Soaking wet. I still remember first time I met his crazy *** when he came for a visit. Was quiet as a church mouse(which for anyone who knows Clint you know how unlike him that is) 3 days until I heard a word out of him. Basically everyone looked at him as a cb. Even we were until he played some intramural with this chick named Melanie he met at a frat party the night before. CJ saw something in his movement made him bring sarge over and the rest we already know...
I’m sure you know but Gators wanted him at CB. He chose us because we wanted him at RB.

Advertisement

The above is why I read through countless pages of threads full of meaningless posts. Thank you.

Gibbs has been listed...by three different sources over years (plural) at 199-200...but you claim he played 7 pounds lighter. Care to show your work or are you just making **** up?
Yeah because team sites weights and heights are legit lol. And that’s all you can go on until he sets foot on a scale. You lose 5-10 pounds during the season so I wouldn’t be shocked if he was lower than 193.

If he weighed in at that the combine at 199 I can promise you he played in the 190’s at best. 200 is the number a rb wants when being weighed at the combine , so you better believe he worked hard to get there.

Dont know but Lucious Stanley would be all the rave with his BMI and weight for mah dawg @bshaw28.

I dont know man @bshaw28 wheel house is running backs so i track his post on rbs its always good stuff.

But my man has been complaining for years about us not being explosive at rb, calling most of the recent ones basically avg or jags because of this...

we recruit 2 very explosive rbs the last 2 classes....and my man now is complaining that they skinny and now were talking BMI.

At this point im realizing that @bshaw28 wont be happy with a rb we recruit unless he is the love child of the off springs of Adrian Peterson, Jim Brown, Brittney Grinder, and Shelly Ann Fraser.
He hasn’t seen college rb’s at 5’9 - 5’10 190-195 in person.

**** I saw Percy Harvin at the gym and mall all the time and he was 5’10-5’11 190 at UF and was jacked to the gills. He wasn’t even a full time rb, he was a wr / jack of all trades but still.

Advertisement
Yeah because team sites weights and heights are legit lol. And that’s all you can go on until he sets foot on a scale. You lose 5-10 pounds during the season so I wouldn’t be shocked if he was lower than 193.

If he weighed in at that the combine at 199 I can promise you he played in the 190’s at best. 200 is the number a rb wants when being weighed at the combine , so you better believe he worked hard to get there.

This is two team sites and the combine.

All say the same thing.

But you promise he wasn't. Lol ok.

What he's telling you is simple logic friend. He plays in the heat of Alabama. He practices and lives in the heat of Alabama. Coming out of camp you lose significant weight that you put on in off-season simply due to physical exertion and tons of sweat. You don't GAIN weight during the season nor do you hold weight. You LOSE weight in season. Coming into the draft you straight up put in work and gain weight. So if he weighed in at 199 at combine than it's simple logic he played the season at 7-10 pounds less. So I don't think it's necessary to ask him if he's making **** up especially when reading his response you see he's saying what's likely. Not what is factual. Guys just relax. It's not that serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back