Ajay Allen RB from Nebraska hits the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article @BoxingRobes posted uses RB's NFL weights - https://www.footballoutsiders.com/projection-points/2020/running-back-growth-potential-starts-size

So that 29-31 optimum BMI is for NFL RB's - it's not using what those RB's weighed in High School.

You're confused & incorrect on both posters & data

Your discussion/data is literally meaningless if you continue comparing 16-17 year olds weights to 21+ year olds weights and this is why I and others have shown that HS measurements don’t have the same correlation to college success.

While you did not post the article, you 💯 it indicating you implicitly agreed with the poster stating 29-31 BMI as a “sweet spot” for RBs. Again, meaningless because it is geared towards the NFL and players professional weights.

Advertisement
Stop spinning.

This is the where you explained why you are fighting over this issue:

View attachment 237717

People said "we need more NFL talent", not "all our RBs need to be NFL size while they are still in high school".

Enough already. I'd love to have Edge and JJ and Clint and Najeh and Willis and Frank on the team once again, but we might never see a run of RBs like that again. Ever.

Right - 195 and under RB's almost never have success in the NFL. There's like 5 of them total in the NFL.

So if we need more NFL talent, why would we want 50% of players on our roster (at any position group) that are very likely going to be ruled out of playing in the NFL automatically solely based on their size?

As I said - I don't expect Edge/Gore. I don't expect Miller/Duke. I do expect Homer/Dallas.

my own fault for not reading all 16 pages - but why is RB all of a sudden a position of concern? We have numbers there unless we are gonna try to run someone off? Don’t we have:

Parrish
Cheney (granted injury prone)
Citizen (likely out till late season)
Fletcher
Johnson

Shouldn’t that be enough? Say one of the top 2 gets injured - what’s stopping Fletcher or Johnson from contributing? My favorite running back season in recent memory was Dukes 1st or 2nd year - so young guys should not be held back here is all I’m saying.

Just seems like adding another body would likely result in pushing someone out and be more of a detriment or luxury than a benefit.

Your discussion/data is literally meaningless if you continue comparing 16-17 year olds weights to 21+ year olds weights and this is why I and others have shown that HS measurements don’t have the same correlation to college success.

While you did not post the article, you 💯 it indicating you implicitly agreed with the poster stating 29-31 BMI as a “sweet spot” for RBs. Again, meaningless because it is geared towards the NFL and players professional weights.

If you think I've talked about HS weight & BMI, feel free to quote me. But you can't & won't, because I never did. I don't know what to tell you - you keep talking about something that never happened.

BUT - let me humor you:

- CJ is listed on 247 at 5-11/178. He'll have to put on 30 lbs to get to a BMI of 29
- CWH is listed on 247 at 6-0/175. He'll have to put on 39 lbs to get to a BMI of 29

Maybe they can put on that weight - but I don't think it's very likely. Which is what all these posts are about - confusing what is "possible" for what is "probable"

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back