Ajay Allen RB from Nebraska hits the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont know but Lucious Stanley would be all the rave with his BMI and weight for mah dawg @bshaw28.

I dont know man @bshaw28 wheel house is running backs so i track his post on rbs its always good stuff.

But my man has been complaining for years about us not being explosive at rb, calling most of the recent ones basically avg or jags because of this...

we recruit 2 very explosive rbs the last 2 classes....and my man now is complaining that they skinny and now were talking BMI.

At this point im realizing that @bshaw28 wont be happy with a rb we recruit unless he is the love child of the off springs of Adrian Peterson, Jim Brown, Brittney Grinder, and Shelly Ann Fraser.

I appreciate our back & forths @gogeta4 - but why do people always jump straight to the HOF'ers in terms of expectations and jump over the levels in between?

- I'm not at all expecting Edge/Portis/McGahee/Gore

- I'm not even expecting Lamar Miller/Duke Johnson

- I am expecting and would be happy with Travis Homer/DeeJay Dallas. Read any of my posts about those 2 and you'll see how happy I was with them.

I expect more than Yearby/Walton/Cam/Knighton/Parrish - all of which are solid college RB's and were good takes. I just think Miami's starting RB should be a notch above them.

Advertisement
This is two team sites and the combine.

All say the same thing.

But you promise he wasn't. Lol ok.
Guys dont play at their listed weight throughout the szn.

Im sure you can find 2 sites listing Bryce Young at 6'0 195-200 plus.....

but legitimately he was 5'10 and **** sure not near the manufactured weight he showed up to at the combine.

Gibbs was always anywhere from 190-200 we should guess...his weights wasnt off.

What he's telling you is simple logic friend. He plays in the heat of Alabama. He practices and lives in the heat of Alabama. Coming out of camp you lose significant weight that you put on in off-season simply due to physical exertion and tons of sweat. You don't GAIN weight during the season nor do you hold weight. You LOSE weight in season. Coming into the draft you straight up put in work and gain weight. So if he weighed in at 199 at combine than it's simple logic he played the season at 7-10 pounds less. So I don't think it's necessary to ask him if he's making **** up especially when reading his response you see he's saying what's likely. Not what is factual. Guys just relax. It's not that serious.
He likes to turn semantics into a ten page battle. I don’t play that anymore , I don’t have the time. I’ll wait for D money to play with him lol.

What he's telling you is simple logic friend. He plays in the heat of Alabama. He practices and lives in the heat of Alabama. Coming out of camp you lose significant weight that you put on in off-season simply due to physical exertion and tons of sweat. You don't GAIN weight during the season nor do you hold weight. You LOSE weight in season. Coming into the draft you straight up put in work and gain weight. So if he weighed in at 199 at combine than it's simple logic he played the season at 7-10 pounds less. So I don't think it's necessary to ask him if he's making **** up especially when reading his response you see he's saying what's likely. Not what is factual. Guys just relax. It's not that serious.

It’s common sense. Whatever BAMA listed him at that’s at his peak (maybe some embellishment I’m not naive) from training up to the season. Then everything you and cribby mentioned, he’s playing much lighter throughout. Post season he bulks up again for weigh in and his draft stock.

I appreciate our back & forths @gogeta4 - but why do people always jump straight to the HOF'ers in terms of expectations and jump over the levels in between?

- I am expecting and would be happy with Travis Homer/DeeJay Dallas. Read any of my posts about those 2 and you'll see how happy I was with them.

I expect more than Yearby/Walton/Cam/Knighton/Parrish - all of which are solid college RB's and were good takes. I just think Miami's starting RB should be a notch above them.
Imma keep it real im expecting Lamar Miller/Duke Johnson...thats what i want.

I remember you liking Dallas and Homer...with Dallas though i dont remember if you were all the rave considering he was a wr coming in.

I personally liked getting Yearby/Walton, Knighton...i still like Rooster a bit.

I know what a Miami rb should look like to just like you...but im also not afraid of the cwh and CJ's especially with the on paper ol we are bringing in with them...i mean sh*t its the ONLY STRONG POINT I SAW IN CRISTOBAL...his ability to get the ol and running game on track is basically a given.

We landed a freak show in Mark Fletcher though and it seems ho hum as we are now talking about BMI and how skinny cwh is while he is eating lunch daily from a sunoco gas station on US1 in Dania Beach?.

Advertisement

In general - Small RB's gain weight for the combine to show they're more durable. Large RB's trim weight to run a faster 40.

You can debate actual weights all you want - but the combine and pro days are the only official/verified weights you have. Everything else is an educated guess.

Yeah because team sites weights and heights are legit lol. And that’s all you can go on until he sets foot on a scale. You lose 5-10 pounds during the season so I wouldn’t be shocked if he was lower than 193.
Anybody who’s ever played football or been around a football program would know you NEVER believe what the sites/programs list for height and weight lmao. Coaches always added an extra inch in height and about 10 extra pounds to my measurements back when I played lol

Exactly. Butch's RB's

Edge - 216
Jackson - 210
Najeh - 247
Portis - 201
McGahee - 223
Gore - 217

We'll never reach that level of talent again, but we'll be better if we start looking more like it.

For the umpteenth time, those were NOT their high school weights.

Here's the weird thing - I'm giving you facts and you're interperating them as opinions.

The average NFL RB is 214. The average FBS RB is 202. 190 is much lighter. How is that an opinion?

Of the Top 10 teams in college last year - Jahmyr Gibbs was the smallest at 199. 199 may not be "small", but it's below average. These are facts, not opinions.

Here's the weird thing. As I have pointed out before, you are frequently (not always) wrong on facts and stats.

Nobody cares what the "average NFL RB" weighs. You continue to confuse the issue of recruiting players with NFL capabilities and potential to "guys who, in high school, are already big enough to play in the NFL". Which you are apparently obsessed with, because a couple of posters said something one time, and it triggered you.

And don't even get me started on whether HS and/or college and/or the NFL frequently misstate heights/weights.

So now you decided to list six former UM running backs who, most assuredly, DID NOT WEIGH THOSE AMOUNTS IN HIGH SCHOOL.

But carry on with your inaccurate facts and stats.

Advertisement
Exactly. Butch's RB's

Edge - 216
Jackson - 210
Najeh - 247
Portis - 201
McGahee - 223
Gore - 217

We'll never reach that level of talent again, but we'll be better if we start looking more like it.
Those are the dogs the size for inside running where they won't get grabbed. It's what bama does it's smart. But there are a lot of big dudes that can't run. All those dudes can run like little guys. And pause @Confidence1000

Those are the elites. If u big and can't run then u a jag for sure. U never see bama rarely with a little guy unless he's super special in the open field like Gibbs was. Gibbs was way too explosive that's probably their smallest guy. They wanted Duke Johnson at corner they not trotting out little dudes that ain't game breaking fast. And that's smart to recruit like that....winners recruit that way.

It's a silly strawman argument that doesn't change the point and there is no factual evidence to point to support that he would be a unique circumstance. Everyone understands that players weight fluctuates...but that's all players. Gibbs doesn't change dramatically different than other RBs. If he's playing at 193...the RB that's listed at 175 is playing at 168. The RB at 230 plays at 223 or whatever numbers you slot in there.

For the umpteenth time, those were NOT their high school weights.
I also don't like the simple listings of weight not related to their height.

I've seen Blount at 250 and I've seen Dion Lewis at 195. Both could straight arm the living crap out of people and break arm tackles.

Weight is one thing but how its being carried on your overall frame and height also matters too.

Advertisement
He likes to turn semantics into a ten page battle. I don’t play that anymore , I don’t have the time. I’ll wait for D money to play with him lol.
I see you've finally came to my realization. Some people simply wanna argue. No point in that mess especially when it's sheer amusement for them and frustration on our end.

It's a silly strawman argument that doesn't change the point and there is no factual evidence to point to support that he would be a unique circumstance. Everyone understands that players weight fluctuates...but that's all players. Gibbs doesn't change dramatically different than other RBs. If he's playing at 193...the RB that's listed at 175 is playing at 168. The RB at 230 plays at 223 or whatever numbers you slot in there.
Okay but without me reading through all of this is the discussion about ALL PLAYERS which is common sense OR is this discussion ABOUT GIBBS in particular as he's the player named? I think his point is simply about gibbs since that's who he mentioned by name while your argument is about any player that matches his stature. In that instance you both have a point. Gibbs was a small dude who fit a particular box. All players(some positions and body types far more than others)go through the same sorts of physical exertion.

Advertisement

What makes this post so amazing...

I can assume you would be more than happy with any of the 8 listed in the first three categories.

Arbitrarily set at 29-31 BMI (your post from earlier).

Yet, these RBs did not meet your athletic profile out of HS.

Portis
Homer
Duke
Dallas

50% of your barometer of former players listed do not even meet your criteria.

That guy bshaw has been tripling and quadrupling down on his crazy arguments about running backs for a couple of days now...
That fool has way too much time on his hands, guy is writing paragraphs and all like we don't have multiple backs well over 200lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back