Ajay Allen RB from Nebraska hits the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
star wars 107 facts GIF by Channel Frederator

are you trying to tell me something? this is a bit creep especially for a PhD trombone playa

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think what's lost on many with him is that we have been very spoiled as a fanbase.

There were numerous times where a lot of our greats at the position would've housed plays he got caught on. Some would've changed the outcome in our favor.

As you mentioned, the direct comparison to Cook also hurt his reputation with this fanbase. Watching Cook be the difference maker in our FSU matchup, it's only natural to wonder what could've been. Had Cook gone elsewhere and we never lined up against him, I think he'd be more appreciated.

Yearby was a good player who has nothing to be ashamed of. He just has a lot of fierce competition from those who came before him. That and a former teammate who was next level up.
You nailed it. Yearby was a victim of the hype.

Yearby had to follow Duke Johnson and was teammates with Dalvin Cook & he was hyped as being on a par with both of them when he never should've been.

Yearby was then further buried by fans in efforts to hype Mark Walton. Nevermind that Yearby averaged 1.4 & 0.7 ypc more the 2 years he shared a backfield with Walton.

Just unfortunate in how he's remembered.

Knighton - 180 lbs
Parrish - 190 lbs
CJ - 178 lbs
Wheatley-Humphrey - 175 lbs
Allen - 185 lbs

While individually I like things about each of these RB's, I don't think it's smart roster building by loading up with so many sub 190 lb RB's
Knighton not on the roster. Each of the other 4 are in different classes. You also have Chaney, citizen, fletcher and another bigger back that will likely come in this recruiting class meaning you have 4 bigger backs. Plus, I’m going to assume Allen has put on some weight and that the others will as well as they mature (absent Parrish).

Knighton - 180 lbs
Parrish - 190 lbs
CJ - 178 lbs
Allen - 185 lbs

While individually I like things about each of these RB's, I don't think it's smart roster building by loading up with so many sub 190 lb RB's
Knighton?!

Advertisement
Knighton - 180 lbs
Parrish - 190 lbs
CJ - 178 lbs
Allen - 185 lbs

Knight on ain’t here
CJ is still in HS not on campus yet
Wheatley-Humphrey is a JR IN HIGHSCHOOL A WHOLE YEAR FROM GRADUATION

Advertisement
Knighton - 180 lbs
Parrish - 190 lbs
CJ - 178 lbs
Allen - 185 lbs

Chaney is 210

You nailed it. Yearby was a victim of the hype.

Yearby had to follow Duke Johnson and was teammates with Dalvin Cook & he was hyped as being on a par with both of them when he never should've been.

Yearby was then further buried by fans in efforts to hype Mark Walton. Nevermind that Yearby averaged 1.4 & 0.7 ypc more the 2 years he shared a backfield with Walton.

Just unfortunate in how he's remembered.
When you look at it with the context of post Duke, the 5 star rating and him being the one we got in the Dalvin/Yearby backfield...my goodness was he set up to fail. Duke and Dalvin are Generational in CFB. Yearby was definitely solid but never stood a chance under that microscope.

Knight on ain’t here
CJ is still in HS not on campus yet
Wheatley-Humphrey is a JR IN HIGHSCHOOL A WHOLE YEAR FROM GRADUATION

Knighton wasn't very effective here partly because he's only 180 lbs. Yearby was also limited being 185 lbs.

So - is there a lesson to be learned here?

If CJ & Wheatley-Humphrey each add 15-20 lbs - they're still small RB's.

Look at teams that consistently produce NFL RB's - Alabama, Georgia, LSU. They rarely have even 1 190 lb RB on their roster, let alone 3-4

I'm not saying to not take any of these types - I'm saying it's not smart to load up on these types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back