Ajay Allen RB from Nebraska hits the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Need a home run hitter at RB. Appreciate everything Parrish brings to the table but he doesnt scare anyone and cant break a big one ever.

Reactions: jsy
Advertisement
Meh, a potential 1k rusher? We haven't had a 1k rusher in 3 years. Please, stop the foolishness.

Yearby was a good back who lacked long speed but had elite vision and quickness. If this kid is that, I want him on my team.
Joe had 2,500 AP yards and 17 tuds while averaging 5.4 yards per carry in his Cane career on some really bad teams and we **** on him because he wasn’t Dalvin Cook smh

Meh, a potential 1k rusher? We haven't had a 1k rusher in 3 years. Please, stop the foolishness.

Yearby was a good back who lacked long speed but had elite vision and quickness. If this kid is that, I want him on my team.

Three years?

Try...seven years...

1,000 yard rushers:

2016 - Mark Walton
2015 - Joseph Yearby
2014 - Duke Johnson
2011 - Lamar Miller
2002 - Willis McGahee
2001 - Clinton Portis
2000 - James Jackson
1998 - Edgerrin James
1997 - Edgerrin James
1995 - Danyell Ferguson
1978 - Ottis Anderson

Joe had 2,500 AP yards and 17 tuds while averaging 5.4 yards per carry in his Cane career on some really bad teams and we **** on him because he wasn’t Dalvin Cook smh

I think what's lost on many with him is that we have been very spoiled as a fanbase.

There were numerous times where a lot of our greats at the position would've housed plays he got caught on. Some would've changed the outcome in our favor.

As you mentioned, the direct comparison to Cook also hurt his reputation with this fanbase. Watching Cook be the difference maker in our FSU matchup, it's only natural to wonder what could've been. Had Cook gone elsewhere and we never lined up against him, I think he'd be more appreciated.

Yearby was a good player who has nothing to be ashamed of. He just has a lot of fierce competition from those who came before him. That and a former teammate who was next level up.

Advertisement
Three years?

Try...seven years...

1,000 yard rushers:

2016 - Mark Walton
2015 - Joseph Yearby
2014 - Duke Johnson
2011 - Lamar Miller
2002 - Willis McGahee
2001 - Clinton Portis
2000 - James Jackson
1998 - Edgerrin James
1997 - Edgerrin James
1995 - Danyell Ferguson
1978 - Ottis Anderson
Woah

What is LSU RB situation? I wonder if they are on him, looks like he was a target during the recruiting cycle.

Yeah, we've had a lot of balance over the years that has made it hard to rack up 1,000 yard rushers.

Probably some surprises in there (Yearby, Ferguson) and some we THOUGHT would have been in there (Gore got close).

It took us a while to get started (Ottis) and then Butch built a beast (5 out of 6 years in a row with a 1,000 yard rusher).

And while we didn't win enough games in the 2000-teens, we had some nice O-lines and RBs in those years.

Yeah, we've had a lot of balance over the years that has made it hard to rack up 1,000 yard rushers.

Probably some surprises in there (Yearby, Ferguson) and some we THOUGHT would have been in there (Gore got close).

It took us a while to get started (Ottis) and then Butch built a beast (5 out of 6 years in a row with a 1,000 yard rusher).

And while we didn't win enough games in the 2000-teens, we had some nice O-lines and RBs in those years.
Alfred Froggy Shipman had 450+ yds in 45 carries in 1994....10yds per carry....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back