Air Noland

Advertisement
iu

Oh yes, I am a proud lefties and wouldn't have it any other way. And no Sir, you did not hurt my feelings. I was simply responding to an empty idiotic statement. Good day Sir!
I asked if HE hurt your feelings, and I was just busting chops. Good day as well.

Advertisement
He brags about being a Shtick account. Be careful in real life he does Karate, drivers an ambulance and I’m 90% sure he joined Andrew Tate’s hustler university so he’s in the top 1% of Alpha males…
He claimed to be a black belt here... lol. Dude's a joke.

He claimed to be a black belt here... lol. Dude's a joke.
Schtick for sure still wears affliction t-shirts and hits girls with the “i’m basically a doctor I just didn’t want to commit too much of my time. Im pretty busy getting in street fights and playing a fictional character on a massive message board. I’m sure you’ve heard of Canesinsight?”

Lol! There's not gonna be many, Screwball.
Why? Because most people are right handed.

If you don't like lefties, please say why? Is there a disadvantage to being a lefty in sports?

About 10% of people are left-handed (and some studies say among Americans it's now closer to 13%). So if there is no disadvantage that means about 10% of successful QBs should be left-handed, too, right? That part shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Curious what the numbers would show.

In the NFL, there are 36 QBs in the HoF, but only 2 of them are left-handed throwers (Steve Young and Ken Stabler). That's about 5.56%. Well below the representative % of left-handed Americans. It's an admittedly small sample size, but those numbers do say a left handed QB is less likely to make it to the NFL HoF than a right-handed QB.

I have some theories on "why" that could be (e.g., fewer available left handed coaches to teach the mechanics of the position, scheme issues along the offensive line involving protecting the QB's blind side, etc...). But it is similar to how being a left-handed pitcher is generally great (because most batters are right-handed and they see the ball later when it's thrown by a lefty and get less practice hitting against lefties... because there are fewer lefties). Or how being a left-handed first baseman is great (because your glove is to the open side and you don't have to make a turn to throw to second) while being a left-handed third baseman is meh (because your glove is to the boundary and it takes longer to reset your body to make a throw to first or second base).

Last edited:
I don’t like lefty QBs but I like Noland . Let me guess? You’re a former ****** lefty QB?

Lol you seem personally offended about me not liking lefty QBs
Lefty qb is fine, especially in the acc. This isn’t the AFC east my man

Advertisement
About 10% of people are left-handed (and some studies say among Americans it's now closer to 13%). So if there is no disadvantage that means about 10% of successful QBs should be left-handed, too, right? That part shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Curious what the numbers would show.

In the NFL, there are 36 QBs in the HoF, but only 2 of them are left-handed throwers (Steve Young and Ken Stabler). That's about 5.56%. Well below the representative % of left-handed Americans. It's an admittedly small sample size, but those numbers do say a left handed QB is less likely to make it to the NFL HoF than a right-handed QB.

I have some theories on "why" that could be (e.g., fewer available left handed coaches to teach the mechanics of the position, scheme issues along the offensive line involving protecting the QB's blind side, etc...). But it is similar to how being a left-handed pitcher is generally great (because most batters are right-handed and they see the ball later when it's thrown by a lefty and get less practice hitting against lefties... because there are fewer lefties). Or how being a left-handed first baseman is great (because your glove is to the boundary side and you don't have to make a turn to throw to second) while being a left-handed third baseman is meh (because your glove is away from the boundary and it takes longer to reset your body to make a throw to first or second base).
Post of the day.

Posts like this helps to restore my confidence in CIS. Sound reasoning is always welcomed.

No_Fly_Zone, Thank you!

I have some theories on "why" that could be (e.g., fewer available left handed coaches to teach the mechanics of the position, scheme issues along the offensive line involving protecting the QB's blind side, etc...). But it is similar to how being a left-handed pitcher is generally great (because most batters are right-handed and they see the ball later when it's thrown by a lefty and get less practice hitting against lefties... because there are fewer lefties). Or how being a left-handed first baseman is great (because your glove is to the open side and you don't have to make a turn to throw to second) while being a left-handed third baseman is meh (because your glove is to the boundary and it takes longer to reset your body to make a throw to first or second base).
Too much facts for this board.

Interesting stats though

Advertisement

I would not expect equal representation. We aren't really that far removed from when training kids to not be left handed in school was a thing, and preference for certain handedness is pervasive enough I would consider it a disadvantage (tie breaker perhaps) historically in a sport without a decided performance advantage like baseball.

Advertisement
Air Noland had a late offer from OSU so obviously Ryan Day didn't think too highly of him.. Now that Sayin is available I could easily see Day pushing Noland out.

Advertisement
Back