After Richt

Advertisement
I show Butch (and have for some time) the Dumb BS that's purported on Social Media and he Laughs....See, I know the truth...not the BS Butch-Haters keep spewing...But by all means, keep spewing....

I show Butch (and have for some time) the Dumb BS that's purported on Social Media and he Laughs....See, I know the truth...not the BS Butch-Haters keep spewing...But by all means, keep spewing....

I don't hate Butch at all just the opposite. He would have been a great hire and probably the right hire two years.

I don't hate Butch at all just the opposite. He would have been a great hire and probably the right hire two years.
Should've been hired in 07...would've had the 09 team in NC talk....Ship has sailed...I realize that....but 3 times in 11yrs we could've had him....and 3 times the BOT thought that Radio...Golden and Mork were better....

Advertisement
Should've been hired in 07...would've had the 09 team in NC talk....Ship has sailed...I realize that....but 3 times in 11yrs we could've had him....and 3 times the BOT thought that Radio...Golden and Mork were better....

Only a couple of them to be fair. Butch had lots of support from BoT after Gorlden was fired.

Then Mork Rich got fired too and Blames convinced them that Rich was the "safer" hire.

Only a couple of them to be fair. Butch had lots of support from BoT after Gorlden was fired.

Then Mork Rich got fired too and Blames convinced them that Rich was the "safer" hire.
Oh trust me...I know who loved Butch...Dimare and Stu love Butch....Millers Dad hired Butch in 95 when he was BOT Chairman....F the BOT who were butt hurt over Butch leaving....Had no problem when Howard and JJ Broke camp though....JJ even said F-it.....I'm taking the entire Staff with me as well...both get passes.....

litd77L.gif
Blue tick hound?

You are sofaking out in left field on this you look fuggin ridiculous B.

Put this in your pipe and take a toke.

"Ten days before we played BC [Boston College] in the last game of the season, we had completed 97 percent of the contract. It had taken us three hours to agree to the money. That was done. I was probably one of the lowest-paid [I-A] head coaches when I took that job [in 1995] and then after seven years, they were paying me $1 million. The stumbling block we could never get over was, if they decided to do what North Carolina did [by just suddenly firing him] they were only going to pay me 20 percent of the money, but because [Miami] had been burned by Howard [Schnellenberger] leaving and Jimmy leaving and Dennis [Erickson] leaving, so if I had ever left I had to pay them 80 percent.

"I said, 'Guys that isn't fair. I can't pay you 80 and you're only gonna pay me 20. If you wake up and say, 'I don't like redhead coaches,' I'm gone. Let's either make it 80-80, 20-20 or 50-50.' We battled over 20-80 for almost two months. I turned the Cleveland Browns job down. I turned down two other jobs. Well, lo and behold, the last home visit I made I'm sitting in Antrel Rolle's living room and his mom and dad said, 'Coach, are you gonna be here?' I said, 'Antrel, I will be the head coach at the University of Miami,' and I believed in all my heart I was going to be. Then we go home and four or five days later we still can't get the contract done. [Cleveland president] Carmen Policy calls and says, 'Would you reconsider?'

"I talked it over with my wife. You live a little bit in fear. I thought, 'Well, today they love me, but in 1997 they were flying a plane over the stadium, 'Get Rid of Butch Davis!' It didn't take long to keep reminding yourself that this 80-20 stuff wasn't fair. We made one more stab and called [Miami AD] Paul Dee and he went to the trustees and asked them to make it fair. Finally, we made the change. I wished I hadn't have, but we did."

The BoD wasn’t the ones flying the banner it was the fans. So for Butch to say that indicates to me that he lumped all into the same pot when considering Miami over the Browns.

Advertisement
There's the catch 22. If they were to hire him now...it would be a tacit admission that they totally F'd up numerous times they didn't hire him.
They don't want to face what clueless POS they are regarding coaches for UM. Not Georgia, not UNC, not FIU or Cleveland...U Miami, coach for the only place that matters.

You are sofaking wrong on this it would be a waste of time to even try and tell you. It's all out there. Documented if you actually want to try and tell the truth about the situation.

Or you can keep giving your opinion as fact.

Butch Davis is a football GOD!
I had a terrible gut feeling when Dee and the u started ****ering with butch over that contract .butch remarks where before this started he had no intention of going anywhere else.he knew he had built a monster and said several times he knew his canes would be good for a long time.numerous times after he took the Brown's job he wished he had stayed at miami but Dee and the university forced his hand.butch would've stayed he'd had more championships than saban has now.

Advertisement
Back