After Richt

It’s like what multiple media have said before, Alabama has ruined college football. They have set an unreal expectation of excellence, that other programs are firing really good coaches for not being Bama. If is coache doesn’t go undefeated and win the championship, their fan base thinks they should be fired. Harbaugh was on the hot seat and now he looks like he might make a run at the playoffs. Malzahn almost gets fired every other year and he has won one championship and gone to another. Brian Kelley on the hot seat and has gone to a championship, now looks like he is making a run at the playoffs. The list goes on and on. I’m not making excuses for the loss to Virginia, but the coaching hierarchy goes as follows:

Nick Saban

Urban Meyer
Dabo
Petterson

Then the bug group of

Richt
Kelley
Patterson
Malzahn
Franklin
And all those others.

LOL @ Jimbo not being ahead of Richt

Advertisement
Last three years:

Mark Richt 24-9

Last three years:

Urban Meyer-30-5
Ed Orgeron 22-7
Kirby Smart 27-8
Tom Herman 22-11
Justin Fuente 24-10
James Franklin 27-7
Wille Taggart 21-10
Mark Dantonio 17-15
Dan Mullen 20-12
Brian Kelly 21-11
Jim Harbaugh 25-9
Chris Peterson 28-7
Jimbo Fisher 20-11
Paul Chyrst 29-6
Crown CoRch Rix!!!!

No, but the NFL had signaled interest in Butch Davis - especially after they saw where he started from at UM, and where he got them in 2000.

Butch was staying at UM. Period. He didn't negotiate his contract - his attorney/agent did the back and forth crap - and Butch thought from UM that the contract was good, and ready to be signed.

Not so - UM delayed it - as they knew if they slow-played it just a couple weeks longer - he'd have no choice but to accept their counter offer.

Time ran out. For UM. Because Butch was offered a lot of money - and UM couldn't even meet what verbally they'd already agreed to.

Butch had put a lot of work into building UM back up - he didn't just bail because the Browns offered him more money - he bailed as UM showed Butch just what they thought of him - and it apparently wasn't much.

So Butch got his money - and UM has suckkeddass ever since.

Believe what you want but that is categorically not true about the timing. And it is absolutely a statement of fact his agent was putting out feelers the previous two seasons. Should Miami have offered him more? Probably yes and definitely in retrospect they should have. But this is narrative about Miami ******** him and not negotiating in good faith is just not true. Love Butch has a coach and recruiter, thankful for what he did for the university, but he was always a little loosey goosey with the truth.

It’s like what multiple media have said before, Alabama has ruined college football. They have set an unreal expectation of excellence, that other programs are firing really good coaches for not being Bama. If is coache doesn’t go undefeated and win the championship, their fan base thinks they should be fired. Harbaugh was on the hot seat and now he looks like he might make a run at the playoffs. Malzahn almost gets fired every other year and he has won one championship and gone to another. Brian Kelley on the hot seat and has gone to a championship, now looks like he is making a run at the playoffs. The list goes on and on. I’m not making excuses for the loss to Virginia, but the coaching hierarchy goes as follows:

Nick Saban

Urban Meyer
Dabo
Petterson

Then the bug group of

Richt
Kelley
Patterson
Malzahn
Franklin
And all those others.
I agree..but good ole Saint Nick belongs in his own post..he not just a coaching god but his mind rivals that of the Greek philosophers...He was the last pharaoh of Egypt...Old ladies get up to give him their seat on the bus...He was the last Mohican... He is the most interesting man in the world..put some R’spect on that mans name

No it's obviously not. But you can say that about parts of any of the teams coached by any of the guys on that list. Not making excuses for CMR, just providing some context and perspective.
Excuse maker... lol 5 years doesn't matter. Miami will not win with his offense you know that we know it. Richt will learn the hard way.

Advertisement
You are sofaking wrong on this it would be a waste of time to even try and tell you. It's all out there. Documented if you actually want to try and tell the truth about the situation.

Or you can keep giving your opinion as fact.

Butch Davis is a football GOD!

LoL, I realize you are in the tank for Butch. Yes, he is a football God. No argument there. That being said the salary Miami offered with incentives would have made him Top 5 at the time. The negotiation was over his buy-out. Demoff presented unreasonable and at the time unprecedent buy out scenarios. At least that was Miami's going in point. Miami was considering them and told Demoff as such. They had agreed it principle when Cleveland showed up at the 11th hour. Demoff played it off in the press that Miami was not negotiating in good faith. Bull ****. Cleveland gave Butch an offer that he wasn't going to refuse and such is history.

LoL, I realize you are in the tank for Butch. Yes, he is a football God. No argument there. That being said the salary Miami offered with incentives would have made him Top 5 at the time. The negotiation was over his buy-out. Demoff presented unreasonable and at the time unprecedent buy out scenarios. At least that was Miami's going in point. Miami was considering them and told Demoff as such. They had agreed it principle when Cleveland showed up at the 11th hour. Demoff played it off in the press that Miami was not negotiating in good faith. Bull ****. Cleveland gave Butch an offer that he wasn't going to refuse.

False. Miami tried to hold out and change the buyout clause at the last minute. 80-20 buyout.

Get the fvck outta here with that bush league schit Miami

False. Miami tried to hold out and change the buyout clause at the last minute. 80-20 buyout.

Get the fvck outta here with that bush league schit Miami

Ah, still off. Dee had agreed to guaranteeing his full salary if he was fired. Miami wanted 20% on the buyout. Demoff wanted 10%. They had agreed in principle on 15%. Again, then Cleveland came into the picture. In retrospect, they should have agreed to 10%.

Advertisement
Ah, still off. Dee had agreed to guaranteeing his full salary if he was fired. Miami wanted 20% on the buyout. Demoff wanted 10%. They had agreed in principle on 15%. Again, then Cleveland came into the picture. In retrospect, they should have agreed to 10%.

You are sofaking out in left field on this you look fuggin ridiculous B.

Put this in your pipe and take a toke.

"Ten days before we played BC [Boston College] in the last game of the season, we had completed 97 percent of the contract. It had taken us three hours to agree to the money. That was done. I was probably one of the lowest-paid [I-A] head coaches when I took that job [in 1995] and then after seven years, they were paying me $1 million. The stumbling block we could never get over was, if they decided to do what North Carolina did [by just suddenly firing him] they were only going to pay me 20 percent of the money, but because [Miami] had been burned by Howard [Schnellenberger] leaving and Jimmy leaving and Dennis [Erickson] leaving, so if I had ever left I had to pay them 80 percent.

"I said, 'Guys that isn't fair. I can't pay you 80 and you're only gonna pay me 20. If you wake up and say, 'I don't like redhead coaches,' I'm gone. Let's either make it 80-80, 20-20 or 50-50.' We battled over 20-80 for almost two months. I turned the Cleveland Browns job down. I turned down two other jobs. Well, lo and behold, the last home visit I made I'm sitting in Antrel Rolle's living room and his mom and dad said, 'Coach, are you gonna be here?' I said, 'Antrel, I will be the head coach at the University of Miami,' and I believed in all my heart I was going to be. Then we go home and four or five days later we still can't get the contract done. [Cleveland president] Carmen Policy calls and says, 'Would you reconsider?'

"I talked it over with my wife. You live a little bit in fear. I thought, 'Well, today they love me, but in 1997 they were flying a plane over the stadium, 'Get Rid of Butch Davis!' It didn't take long to keep reminding yourself that this 80-20 stuff wasn't fair. We made one more stab and called [Miami AD] Paul Dee and he went to the trustees and asked them to make it fair. Finally, we made the change. I wished I hadn't have, but we did."

"Ten days before we played BC [Boston College] in the last game of the season, we had completed 97 percent of the contract. It had taken us three hours to agree to the money. That was done. I was probably one of the lowest-paid [I-A] head coaches when I took that job [in 1995] and then after seven years, they were paying me $1 million. The stumbling block we could never get over was, if they decided to do what North Carolina did [by just suddenly firing him] they were only going to pay me 20 percent of the money, but because [Miami] had been burned by Howard [Schnellenberger] leaving and Jimmy leaving and Dennis [Erickson] leaving, so if I had ever left I had to pay them 80 percent.

"I said, 'Guys that isn't fair. I can't pay you 80 and you're only gonna pay me 20. If you wake up and say, 'I don't like redhead coaches,' I'm gone. Let's either make it 80-80, 20-20 or 50-50.' We battled over 20-80 for almost two months. I turned the Cleveland Browns job down. I turned down two other jobs. Well, lo and behold, the last home visit I made I'm sitting in Antrel Rolle's living room and his mom and dad said, 'Coach, are you gonna be here?' I said, 'Antrel, I will be the head coach at the University of Miami,' and I believed in all my heart I was going to be. Then we go home and four or five days later we still can't get the contract done. [Cleveland president] Carmen Policy calls and says, 'Would you reconsider?'

"I talked it over with my wife. You live a little bit in fear. I thought, 'Well, today they love me, but in 1997 they were flying a plane over the stadium, 'Get Rid of Butch Davis!' It didn't take long to keep reminding yourself that this 80-20 stuff wasn't fair. We made one more stab and called [Miami AD] Paul Dee and he went to the trustees and asked them to make it fair. Finally, we made the change. I wished I hadn't have, but we did."
And there it is. It's time for Miami to redeem themselves. #BringbackButch

Last three years:

Mark Richt 24-9

Last three years:

Urban Meyer-30-5
Ed Orgeron 22-7
Kirby Smart 27-8
Tom Herman 22-11
Justin Fuente 24-10
James Franklin 27-7
Wille Taggart 21-10
Mark Dantonio 17-15
Dan Mullen 20-12
Brian Kelly 21-11
Jim Harbaugh 25-9
Chris Peterson 28-7
Jimbo Fisher 20-11
Paul Chyrst 29-6

We are trending in the wrong direction, whereas a guy like Herman is heading in the right direction.

The excuses made for Richt are ridiculous.

I don’t get why we act like UGA is this great program with pedigree. MR was responsible for their longest stretch of success In the history of that school. That’s like okie st fans thinking coach Gundy can’t take them over the hump in cfb it’s always gonna be a cycle of the usual suspects
Your blathering drivel response has zero to do with what you quoted me saying, Georgia forced Richt to hire a OC, not by choice. Then they Shicht canned him.

Advertisement

LoL, as reported by Butch. His version of events. Love Butch, but he isn't exactly George Washington, dude. Peace brother. We see eye to eye 98% of the time.

LoL, as reported by Butch. His version of events. Love Butch, but he isn't exactly George Washington, dude.

You are full of schit.

Have you ever actually met Butch Davis and had a conversation with him? If so what lie did he tell you to your face?

If not then I'll take the word of the many people that have. And you can keep lying about his lying because you "think" you know something.

You are full of schit.

Have you ever actually met Butch Davis and had a conversation with him? If so what lie did he tell you to your face?

If not then I'll take the word of the many people that have. And you can keep lying about his lying because you "think" you know something.

No, I did have conversations with folks from the university.

Advertisement
You are full of schit.

Good for you. Nope, met Butch once. Did speak with folks from Hecht at the time. So yeah, I'm coming at it from their perspective.

Advertisement
Back