Wille Taggart 21-10
Mark Dantonio 17-15
Dan Mullen 20-12
Brian Kelly 21-11
Jim Harbaugh 25-9
Chris Peterson 28-7
Jimbo Fisher 20-11
Paul Chyrst 29-6

It’s like what multiple media have said before, Alabama has ruined college football. They have set an unreal expectation of excellence, that other programs are firing really good coaches for not being Bama. If is coache doesn’t go undefeated and win the championship, their fan base thinks they should be fired. Harbaugh was on the hot seat and now he looks like he might make a run at the playoffs. Malzahn almost gets fired every other year and he has won one championship and gone to another. Brian Kelley on the hot seat and has gone to a championship, now looks like he is making a run at the playoffs. The list goes on and on. I’m not making excuses for the loss to Virginia, but the coaching hierarchy goes as follows:

Nick Saban

Urban Meyer
Dabo
Petterson

Then the bug group of

Richt
Kelley
Patterson
Malzahn
Franklin
And all those others.

Jimmy Johnson's last 3 years at Miami: 34-2.

Dennis Erickson's last 3 years at Miami: 30-6.

Butch Davis's last 3 years at Miami: 29-8 (and probably still low on scholarships for a couple of those years).

Schnellenberger's last 3 years at Miami: 27-7.

Don't care what coaches do at other schools. This school is called Miami.

Get it done.

Last three years:

Mark Richt 24-9

Last three years:

Urban Meyer-30-5
Ed Orgeron 22-7
Kirby Smart 27-8
Tom Herman 22-11
Justin Fuente 24-10
James Franklin 27-7
Wille Taggart 21-10
Mark Dantonio 17-15
Dan Mullen 20-12
Brian Kelly 21-11
Jim Harbaugh 25-9
Chris Peterson 28-7
Jimbo Fisher 20-11
Paul Chyrst 29-6

We need to just lease a coach.

Clearly, UM doesn't know a winning coach from a blue tick hound.

Trot ''em out, see how they run, keep the keeper - and don't do like they did to Butch - and cheap out at the last minute on the pending contract.

I appreciate what Butch did for Miami and I would have welcomed him back if he was hired. But your statement above is categorically wrong. He had signal interest in the NFL the previous 2 seasons. He used the university as leverage and had reached a tentative agreement. The Browns who were interested him as their first coach made him a financial offer that Davis could not refuse. $3 million per year in 17 years ago was an elite salary for the NFL. Only thing that erks some on the BoD is Davis could have said nothing but he threw the university under the bus. Just be truthful why you took the job at Cleveland and leave the university out of it. Personally, I think was has always been a sore spot with Miami is how he negatively recruited against Miami using the Bryan Pata murder as a way to do so. I digress.

Look, they offered Mark Richt $4 million as a base salary. Only guy to leave in 3 years is "Meet me at the Quarterback" and quite frankly it was mutual that he leave. In my opinion, we upgraded with Simpson. Dugans turned down his alma mater so the money the university offered was more than acceptable. Money is not the driving factor. The vibe around the university when Hard Rock is filled is a huge factor moving forward. This can be fixed if Richt wants it to be. I do think he loves his alma mater. We shall see if he does the right thing.

I appreciate what Butch did for Miami and I would have welcomed him back if he was hired. But your statement above is categorically wrong. He had signal interest in the NFL the previous 2 seasons. He used the university as leverage and had reached a tentative agreement. The Browns who were interested him as their first coach made him a financial offer that Davis could not refuse. $3 million per year in 17 years ago was an elite salary for the NFL. Only thing that erks some on the BoD is Davis could have said nothing but he threw the university under the bus. Just be truthful why you took the job at Cleveland and leave the university out of it. Personally, I think was has always been a sore spot with Miami is how he negatively recruited against Miami using the Bryan Pata murder as a way to do so. I digress.

Look, they offered Mark Richt $4 million as a base salary. Only guy to leave in 3 years is "Meet me at the Quarterback" and quite frankly it was mutual that he leave. In my opinion, we upgraded with Simpson. Dugans turned down his alma mater so the money the university offered was more than acceptable. Money is not the driving factor. The vibe around the university when Hard Rock is filled is a huge factor moving forward. This can be fixed if Richt wants it to be. I do think he loves his alma mater. We shall see if he does the right thing.

No, but the NFL had signaled interest in Butch Davis - especially after they saw where he started from at UM, and where he got them in 2000.

Butch was staying at UM. Period. He didn't negotiate his contract - his attorney/agent did the back and forth crap - and Butch thought from UM that the contract was good, and ready to be signed.

Not so - UM delayed it - as they knew if they slow-played it just a couple weeks longer - he'd have no choice but to accept their counter offer.

Time ran out. For UM. Because Butch was offered a lot of money - and UM couldn't even meet what verbally they'd already agreed to.

Butch had put a lot of work into building UM back up - he didn't just bail because the Browns offered him more money - he bailed as UM showed Butch just what they thought of him - and it apparently wasn't much.

So Butch got his money - and UM has suckkeddass ever since.

Advertisement
Im still waiting for the morons to explain why this amazing winning coach was fired from UGA, and why he would do better here at Miami than he had been doing with the Dawgs.
**** man I asked that the day we hired him and was flogged like a dog, I didn't get it, then or now. I was on Butch and thought for sure we make the right move this time, and I believe they were about to hire him, then Richt gets fired, throws name in hat, and bam it was all over, no Butch, which to me meant NO SHOT at another chip. I will still stick to that too

It makes me a little queasy to say it, but I can't think of a coach that would electrify the offense and fans more than Lane Kiffin (besides Butch Davis). Kiffin + Diaz = championship

You are sofaking wrong on this it would be a waste of time to even try and tell you. It's all out there. Documented if you actually want to try and tell the truth about the situation.

Or you can keep giving your opinion as fact.

Butch Davis is a football GOD!

Advertisement
Last three years:

Mark Richt 24-9

Last three years:

Urban Meyer-30-5
Ed Orgeron 22-7
Kirby Smart 27-8
Tom Herman 22-11
Justin Fuente 24-10

James Franklin 27-7
Wille Taggart 21-10
Mark Dantonio 17-15
Dan Mullen 20-12
Brian Kelly 21-11
Jim Harbaugh 25-9
Chris Peterson 28-7
Jimbo Fisher 20-11
Paul Chyrst 29-6

bolded have been with new teams in last 3 years.

No, but the NFL had signaled interest in Butch Davis - especially after they saw where he started from at UM, and where he got them in 2000.

Butch was staying at UM. Period. He didn't negotiate his contract - his attorney/agent did the back and forth crap - and Butch thought from UM that the contract was good, and ready to be signed.

Not so - UM delayed it - as they knew if they slow-played it just a couple weeks longer - he'd have no choice but to accept their counter offer.

Time ran out. For UM. Because Butch was offered a lot of money - and UM couldn't even meet what verbally they'd already agreed to.

Butch had put a lot of work into building UM back up - he didn't just bail because the Browns offered him more money - he bailed as UM showed Butch just what they thought of him - and it apparently wasn't much.

So Butch got his money - and UM has suckkeddass ever since.
This pretty sums up the last 18 years at The U, and if you really think about it, are we better right now than under fatso, or Shannon ? not really no

Georgia got tired of Richts floundering and forced him to hire an OC. How did that work out?
I don’t get why we act like UGA is this great program with pedigree. MR was responsible for their longest stretch of success In the history of that school. That’s like okie st fans thinking coach Gundy can’t take them over the hump in cfb it’s always gonna be a cycle of the usual suspects

You are sofaking wrong on this it would be a waste of time to even try and tell you. It's all out there. Documented if you actually want to try and tell the truth about the situation.

Or you can keep giving your opinion as fact.

Butch Davis is a football GOD!
Yep da gaww wanted to stay at Miami, so much so, he had already turned down the Browns once; hoping the university would rectify that slap in the face contract. The Browns came back with more money and UM wouldn't budge, so he left. Anyone would have.

Advertisement
Back