After a 1/4 of the Season, whats your season prediction now?

Which of the first 3 games did anyone expect us to lose? I know we're ranked and there's some buzz right now, but nothing that has happened to this point in the season has surprised me. I think the lack of depth at certain places on the roster will still be a factor this season, particularly O Line. Anyone who thought App St was a real test was just wrong about App St. They were completely over-matched athletically, and they made things worse by being so poorly coached/prepared. Guys couldn't even substitute on D. App St made completely inexcusable errors. So I really can't take a whole lot from that win. I didn't see Miami truly tested there at all.

Maybe GT provides a test, but they only won 3 games last year. Still too many unknowns from this year's team. The schedule has begun to look a little easier with ND struggling as much as they have. I still say 9-10 regular season wins. I think that's good enough for the Coastal. We finish with 11 wins and a ton of momentum heading into next year.

App state was ranked as a top 25 offense last year and top 25 defense as well in 2015. Their oline coming into the season was rated #3 in the country and were dominated on both sides by Miami. Their dline dominated tennessee's oline something they weren't able to do vs Miami.

It's odd that the narrative has now changed to "everyone knew we'd kill App Store." That's absolute horse ****. Most of the national media was picking App Store to beat us straight up. And most of this board thought they'd put up a helluva fight. So for UM fans to now act like pounding the **** out of them was what everyone expected is a crock of ****.

How many people honestly looked at App St and thought "they have the athletes to compete" against Miami? Any who thought that were greatly mistaken. I just can't consider beating a Sun Belt school a big win. Can't do it.

I agree with Kaaya: “I mean we really haven’t done anything yet," he said. "Obviously it is great that we are ranked high and started the season 3-0. But the season pretty much starts now. Because, to be honest the last three weeks were supposed to happen. We were supposed to beat FAMU and FAU and really we were supposed to beat Appalachian State two weeks ago. So this weekend is when things get real and it is time for us to fully lock in.”

Advertisement
I still think 10-2 with losses to VTech and ND.

If we had ND this week or next week, I'd think we win 11. But I really can't believe they've been this bad, and I really think they will finally figure things out within a few weeks.

I will agree that all these games look better for us than they did a month or two ago.
I agree with you but they just dropped their DC mid season. They are going to be lost and confused the rest of the way. If Van gorder had stayed I think he could have pulled it together but they don't even have a DC at the moment

ND doesn't need to "figure it out" on defense. They're garbage defensively with inexperienced, weak personnel with no depth. They will continue to get butt drilled by good offenses. And the players are probably fed up with Kelly nagging them like a chick and throwing them to the wolves during press conferences.

They will win some games this season because they have one of the best QBs in college football. But they'll win most of their games 42-40.

I really cant believe Brian Kelly is the active leader in career wins. But you don't get that many wins by being "lost and confused" throughout a season.

Brian Kelly isn't a defensive coach. He's clueless on that side of the ball. That's why he's had no answers all year. He isn't suddenly going to fix bad personnel and a horrible defense a quarter through the season by promoting a guy who was putrid at Purdue.

If we had ND this week or next week, I'd think we win 11. But I really can't believe they've been this bad, and I really think they will finally figure things out within a few weeks.

I will agree that all these games look better for us than they did a month or two ago.
I agree with you but they just dropped their DC mid season. They are going to be lost and confused the rest of the way. If Van gorder had stayed I think he could have pulled it together but they don't even have a DC at the moment

ND doesn't need to "figure it out" on defense. They're garbage defensively with inexperienced, weak personnel with no depth. They will continue to get butt drilled by good offenses. And the players are probably fed up with Kelly nagging them like a chick and throwing them to the wolves during press conferences.

They will win some games this season because they have one of the best QBs in college football. But they'll win most of their games 42-40.

I really cant believe Brian Kelly is the active leader in career wins. But you don't get that many wins by being "lost and confused" throughout a season.
He just fired his DC after game four. Has he done that those years he won all those games?
. Yes that defense will be lost and confused

Which of the first 3 games did anyone expect us to lose? I know we're ranked and there's some buzz right now, but nothing that has happened to this point in the season has surprised me. I think the lack of depth at certain places on the roster will still be a factor this season, particularly O Line. Anyone who thought App St was a real test was just wrong about App St. They were completely over-matched athletically, and they made things worse by being so poorly coached/prepared. Guys couldn't even substitute on D. App St made completely inexcusable errors. So I really can't take a whole lot from that win. I didn't see Miami truly tested there at all.

Maybe GT provides a test, but they only won 3 games last year. Still too many unknowns from this year's team. The schedule has begun to look a little easier with ND struggling as much as they have. I still say 9-10 regular season wins. I think that's good enough for the Coastal. We finish with 11 wins and a ton of momentum heading into next year.

App state was ranked as a top 25 offense last year and top 25 defense as well in 2015. Their oline coming into the season was rated #3 in the country and were dominated on both sides by Miami. Their dline dominated tennessee's oline something they weren't able to do vs Miami.

It's odd that the narrative has now changed to "everyone knew we'd kill App Store." That's absolute horse ****. Most of the national media was picking App Store to beat us straight up. And most of this board thought they'd put up a helluva fight. So for UM fans to now act like pounding the **** out of them was what everyone expected is a crock of ****.

How many people honestly looked at App St and thought "they have the athletes to compete" against Miami? Any who thought that were greatly mistaken. I just can't consider beating a Sun Belt school a big win. Can't do it.

I agree with Kaaya: “I mean we really haven’t done anything yet," he said. "Obviously it is great that we are ranked high and started the season 3-0. But the season pretty much starts now. Because, to be honest the last three weeks were supposed to happen. We were supposed to beat FAMU and FAU and really we were supposed to beat Appalachian State two weeks ago. So this weekend is when things get real and it is time for us to fully lock in.”

I understand what you think. You've made that clear. The rest of the world thought they'd either beat us or play us to the wire.

Advertisement

He just fired his DC after game four. Has he done that those years he won all those games?
. Yes that defense will be lost and confused

I don't expect the defense to be great or anything. But I think it might get a little better.
But the problem really is that the Offense has not been good. And I'm assuming by the time we play them, they will be clicking much better with Kizer than they have the past few weeks.

It's very funny that some of you think we will beat Florida State and Notre Dame but still find a way to lose three other games. That is unintelligent. You do not think much of our coaching staff if you think they're going to beat Notre Dame and Florida State and still find three games to lose.

You guys are Goldenized! LOL

Last edited:
Advertisement
You guys calling for an undefeated season either don't know how college football works or you're trollin. I love my Canes, but going undefeated takes a rare combination of an elite football team and a little luck. I don't believe that we are quite elite yet...

Think of all the great Miami teams we've had.
Exactly 3 have gone undefeated.
10-2 and a Coastal title. I'll take it.
Then let the chips fall where they may.

It's very funny that some of you think we will beat Florida State and Notre Dame but still find a way to lose three other games. That is unintelligent. You do not think much of our coaching staff if you think they're going to beat Notre Dame and Florida State and still find three games to lose.

If we beat fsu we run the table they r the hardest opponent besides the accc which if we run the table we lose to ul.

Advertisement
10-2 or 11-1 with almost a guaranteed lose in the ACC championship after that. While I don't necessarily see which games we should lose and think 12-0 isn't off the table (depends on how we look after the next few games), I don't think we can be that certain in our team every week. The natural process of things results in a loss or two. I also don't want my expectations ruin a season we've needed for years now.

At this point the game that could be a problem is VT. However, there's so much unknown that it prevents me from feeling so confident that I could say we roll for 12 straight. I do believe we finally have a legit defense and our offense is just as good but its all a matter of having both play at their highest level or one to cover the other when one of them is down. We will find out in the next two weeks how good we truly are. I say we end up 11-1 but have a good chance at 12-0 baring major injuries to key players.

Advertisement
I predicted 7-8 wins and now I am up to 8-9 wins. However my prediction is much more cause our schedule seems to have gotten weaker then expected. ND,FSU, UNC look like for sure losses and now they look a bunch of toss up games. Also after GT game our schedule gets really tough and by the time we get to the end of season against NC St we might be playing walk-ons at LB or CB. Because of depth this team might get worse as the season goes on not better.

I look at it like this.
GT will tell us where we're at.
A loss and we're looking at 7-5, 8-4
A close win and we're at 9-3, 8-4
A blowout and we're at 10-2 or better.

VT & ND are the biggest concerns at this point, time will tell.

If we beat fsu we run the table they r the hardest opponent besides the accc which if we run the table we lose to ul.

I agree about beating fsu, but I totally disagree with us losing to Louisville. We smash UL. UL will lose before we play them.

Advertisement
Back