Pro Wrestling AEW MEGA THREAD

His Dad is smiling from above. He's become a leader in the business....
The hilarious thing is that I can imagine a scenario about five years hence....Disney or NBC have purchased WWE and decide that new leadership is needed, just like Turner did with Jim Crockett Promotions in 1988....and the parent company brings in Cody Rhodes to be the EVP of WWE.

Advertisement
I admit I quit watching AEW not long after live crowds went away. It just felt weird to watch wrestling in front of nobody. So it kinda weirds me out that when I came back last month that there is apparently a very vocal part of wrestling fans who really hate Cody. That his ego is out of control or whatever. If anything, I feel he loses too much to new people when they debut.
They did a great job of using their wrestlers as substitute crowds after just a few weeks, placing about thirty of them in the front row, micing them appropriately and then tightening camera angles so as to not show the otherwise empty Daley’s Place. They made the best of a terrible situation.

The hilarious thing is that I can imagine a scenario about five years hence....Disney or NBC have purchased WWE and decide that new leadership is needed, just like Turner did with Jim Crockett Promotions in 1988....and the parent company brings in Cody Rhodes to be the EVP of WWE.
History repeats itself....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Vince doesn’t care. He’ll be selling within a few months.
Trust me when I say, he cares. You don’t build that empire and lose to a new company just like that. It’s personal. Vince is too old to win this game.

Advertisement
They getting Brian Danielson too. Plus another major guy, prob flair or Wyatt. If they get flair I hope they do a reunion with AA and Tully

They getting Brian Danielson too. Plus another major guy, prob flair or Wyatt. If they get flair I hope they do a reunion with AA and Tully
Daniel Bryan will seal the deal with me once he gets there. With Y2J, Punk, and Bryan, I will watch the entire show. ****, I even like Moxley at AEW. It really is wrestling on another level. Love what AEW is doing.

Advertisement
Trust me when I say, he cares. You don’t build that empire and lose to a new company just like that. It’s personal. Vince is too old to win this game.
Let’s presume he’s not selling. Then this puts him in an even worse light, because:

1) He’s allowed his son in law countless resources and five years to run their minor league feeder system, and only now has he realized that NXT is only producing good wrestlers who have no characters. Useless for the main roster.
2) He has allowed himself to be venerated and worshipped by his staff
3) He has a company that is imbued with “Founders Syndrome”

AEW can’t beat WWE overnight, anymore than WCW could overtake WWF instantly. It will take time, years. But a Vince run WWE is seemingly incapable of making the adjustments necessary to maintain their position long term. It’s an arrogant company that used to have a mission in sending its fans home happy; now it is more than satisfied in sending them home angry or disillusioned. I was with my family at WM 32 and the boos echoing through the building as we left were something I have never experienced before - it was the mirror image of the Punk reaction that night. And WWE has proudly done this for multiple years now.

Last edited:
That was amazing

Haters can say what they want but that’s the loudest pop I’ve ever heard in all my years of watching wrestling. I don’t like the product now , I actually hate it , I’m old school and will never watch it…..Punk arrives…..I’ll watch at least when he’s on.

Wwe let their pride get in the way of making a lot of money.

Advertisement
Back