Adrienne Talan. SS/OLB. 6'1" 195lbs 4.4

Would do real well in a 4-2-5 type scheme where they use a rover. Think Virginia Tech.

I always say...take talent and then make it fit. **** being married to a system. Have a general philosophy and then build around your players. That kid will be a sick weakside linebacker or rover/strong safety type for somebody. But I can see some major programs passing on him because of size.

Great observation cause that's exactly where UNC envisions him.

Advertisement
Impressive!

Kid has a WR body but hit like a truck. Some players just have that pop when tackling, like Spence, Denzel, etc...

If this kid is really 6.1 195 pounds, I see no reason for him not to be grown into a ferocious linebacker in a College program.

Can´t really have an opinion about him playing safety with the video I saw.

I hope he camp...

He camped at Miami as a 10th grader and was one of the 10 fastest kids at the camp when all the recruits raced side by side.

I honestly don't know if the kid will grow into a LB, atleast not the kind that Miami likes. He's got very small waist and thin bones. I can't see him getting passed 220 tops. However, the one thing i can say about him is that he plays like a guy that's much bigger. If you watch his sophomore tape you'll see him tossing linemen and leveling blockers (RB's) that are 20+ pounds heavier than him.

He brings alot of "pop" when he hits and he's relentless in pursuit.

Advertisement
Hurrickaneof83 has been preaching to me for a while that Miami should shift to the 4-2-5 as its base defense.

Every year there are athletes like Khalid McGee and Talan who are great all-around football players with no fit in our scheme. Jeremy Cash from Plantation is a guy who has blown up in Duke's 4-2-5.

As teams keep going no-huddle and defenses need to match up with guys like Ebron and O'Leary without substituting, these kinds of players become very valuable.

His tape does suck if you're looking to see some range, I'll admit that. I used him at OLB because that's where we needed him and his pass-rush ability totally changed games for us. Talan was directly responsible for probably 3 of Juwan Dowels' interceptions last season, as well as others, because QB's would **** their pants and just toss the ball up when he was rushing the edge.

He destroys everything he hits. He's the type of kid that puts people out of games. I remember when we played Cooper City, their punter dropped the snap and was fair game. Talan just unloaded on the poor kid and 10 minutes later he was leaving in an ambulance with a broken limb. And the poor Monarch QB is probably still icing his body today after taking a beating from Talan. People used to look forward to watching us kick the ball off because everybody wanted to see who Talan was gonna level, whether it be a lead blocker or a returner.

The issue with Talan is that he's a tweener. This past season Western had a whole new football staff and their new coaches felt like Adrienne was a Safety mainly cause of his body type. They didn't really consider the difference he made as a pass-rusher, they just looked at him physically and said "go to Safety". He was never actually DEVELOPED at that position. Then, after their pass rush struggled (like I told them it would) they started blitzing Talan from the Safety position. (Makes no sense right? Remove him from OLB, where he blitzed all the time, put him at Safety, then blitz him all the time from there and leave a void in coverage. LOL)

During the summer I worked with Talan at Safety. We were taking part in a couple 7-on-7 tournaments and I felt like playing Safety would help his exposure and get him used to playing the position that he'll most likely play in college. It took him about 2 weeks before he stopped playing over-aggressively and chasing WR's that he shouldn't be looking at. However, once that light went on, he was outstanding. He was an animal. If he wasn't picking the ball off then he was right there in the WR's face as soon as he caught it, which as we know in real football can turn into a good play for the defense. (i.e. a big hit) He started attacking the ball with that same aggression that he attacks blockers and RB's. If you threw vertical to his side of the field it was a pick, didn't matter if it was down the seam or to the sideline. So although his tape doesn't show range from the Safety position you'll just have to trust me on this one. LOL

Regardless of all that, I think you'll be hard-pressed to find a guy down here who's more explosive than him pound-for-pound. His level of physicality is above any DB I've seen down here since I've been coaching. I think if you're Miami you look at the kid just based off that alone. (obviously combined with his other attributes like size and speed)

Last edited:
So do you like him more then Kendrell mcfadden

Oooh, I don't know about all that. I saw McFadden live once and he looked like a **** freak. Rangy and long, atleast 6'2".

However, I know for a fact that Talan has higher chatacter and is more physical than McFadden.

But no, ultimately I wouldn't put him above McFadden.

Advertisement
Can anyone tell me why I can't always view Hudl vids?

I have the same problem from time-to-time, including with this video.

Just off of descriptions here, I get reminded of Anquan Boldin. That's not a reference to visual similarity, but a reference to a guy that just seems like a football player--a guy for whom measurables are a nice compliment, but who you take even if he's running a 4.6 because you know he's going to play fast and violent and is just going to make plays. I want us to sign more "football players."

Advertisement
LB all the way, he kinda reminds me of Country. I'm not saying he on Country level but kid a baller with good instinct.

Advertisement
LB all the way, he kinda reminds me of Country. I'm not saying he on Country level but kid a baller with good instinct.

302.jpg

Not seeing the comparison

Hurrickaneof83 has been preaching to me for a while that Miami should shift to the 4-2-5 as its base defense.

Every year there are athletes like Khalid McGee and Talan who are great all-around football players with no fit in our scheme. Jeremy Cash from Plantation is a guy who has blown up in Duke's 4-2-5.

As teams keep going no-huddle and defenses need to match up with guys like Ebron and O'Leary without substituting, these kinds of players become very valuable.

Interesting. That was Ellis runs at AU and I'm not sold on it right now. It's going to be interesting to see how AU's defense performs this year. As excited as I am about Malzahn, the defense concerns me.

Advertisement
Back