Adidas to Start Offering NIL Deals

Advertisement
Low key they were already doing this, so it’s smart on their behalf to take full advantage of the loop hole. & Now, it’s game on w/ these AAU camps, and schools. SMH. What we knew of college sports just went to purgatory.
Does this not help Miami in both basketball/football? Even baseball? I know you're not a huge Adidas guy, but this can't hurt us recruiting wise with big prospects?

Does this not help Miami in both basketball/football? Even baseball? I know you're not a huge Adidas guy, but this can't hurt us recruiting wise with big prospects?

Bro, if Nike did this I would have the same reaction. I was speaking in gist about how collegiate sports is sliding to the AAU circuit where kids r teaming up & sports apparel companies r “luring” kids to play for said sponsored schools.

It’s all part of the game now, so if it helps us, I ain’t tripping. Adidas dropped the first ball, & I look forward to seeing other major sponsors doing the same thing, not just sports apparels, but like Coca Cola, Pepsi, Gatorade, Powerade, etc.

Bro, if Nike did this I would have the same reaction. I was speaking in gist about how collegiate sports is sliding to the AAU circuit where kids r teaming up & sports apparel companies r “luring” kids to play for said sponsored schools.

It’s all part of the game now, so if it helps us, I ain’t tripping. Adidas dropped the first ball, & I look forward to seeing other major sponsors doing the same thing, not just sports apparels, but like Coca Cola, Pepsi, Gatorade, Powerade, etc.
Wasn't a call out, just a genuine question, didn't mean to have it sound that. Legitimately asking if this helps us at least as a basketball program. I know baseball isn't a huge thing for adidas, but there is a lot of young players with Adidas there too

Advertisement
The school and athletic department already have endorsement deals with major brands and I’m curious to see how much interest a brand like Coca Cola has in individual players. Probably not much because these brands are looking for actual return on investment and not just trying to buy players to improve their program.

Wasn't a call out, just a genuine question, didn't mean to have it sound that. Legitimately asking if this helps us at least as a basketball program. I know baseball isn't a huge thing for adidas, but there is a lot of young players with Adidas there too

No worries man; I didn’t take it as u calling me out. Lol. I was saying in general. I would think this will be more geared towards b-ball only b/c that’s where the majority of financial return comes from regarding players moving forward to the next level, selling shoes.

Advertisement
How much does a affiliate ambassador make? Same for all athletes? Based on some criteria, like social media influencing?

It's a NEW WORLD ORDER in college athletics!

Let the games begin!

It hurts us if Nike ends up doing the same thing for more money, but it will help us if they don't match - however I don't expect that to happen .

The school and athletic department already have endorsement deals with major brands and I’m curious to see how much interest a brand like Coca Cola has in individual players. Probably not much because these brands are looking for actual return on investment and not just trying to buy players to improve their program.
Im sure Dr Pepper isnt too thrilled with the NIL deal they did with DJ Uiagalelei

Advertisement
In before the Nike cult turns this thread into a royal rumble.
Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

Freaking hilarious considering that we had federal trials, people going to prison and people losing coaching jobs for Adidas doing exactly this under the table. What a waste of time, money and life that entire prosecution was.
Agreed - it was dumb and what makes it worse are the people who actually ended up going to jail were essentially just middle men.

Advertisement
Agreed - it was dumb and what makes it worse are the people who actually ended up going to jail were essentially just middle men.

U know, this is an interesting point. I’m wondering w/ this new revelation, would there be any appeals for those who were convicted of doing this very thing. That’s a cold game if these guys r doing bids for the company that’s about to do the same chit legally.

It hurts us if Nike ends up doing the same thing for more money, but it will help us if they don't match - however I don't expect that to happen .
Might not necessarily an apples to apples type of competition IF Nike follows suit. Adidas has shown an interest in going head to head with Nike in CFB on targeted fronts.

So while Nike is about 3 size the company that Adidas is and can dominate the overall landscape (if they choose) it might actually be better for us to be a "darlin'" school of Adidas. I'd rather be one of if not THE top Adidas school in the future on this front than to mayyyybe be in the top 10 of Nike's client schools.

U know, this is an interesting point. I’m wondering w/ this new revelation, would there be any appeals for those who were convicted of doing this very thing. That’s a cold game if these guys r doing bids for the company that’s about to do the same chit legally.
Guys doing serious time for Marijuana convictions in states where it is essentially completely legal now would probably want to jump the line in appeals on this front but the overall larger point absolutely still stands.

Advertisement
Back