Addae

We should've been in man coverage all game because of Tez? Btw Tez was the one that kept being moved around because of DPJ
No I’m just saying if he only gave up a short slant to Tez, he should have had more opportunities of man, even if you had 1 high safety eyeing his side.

I mean the guy almost single-handedly won that game for UNC.

I should just go back and rewatch the tape myself instead of speculating.

Advertisement
How is that possible? Those are lockdown corner numbers…. I mean can we compare to other corners around the country?

I mean I’m just going off my eyes but I don’t remember saying in one game dang… “x” Hurricanes player shut down opponents WR.
Porter was really good last year. The numbers probably are up for interpretation as whoever does the stats probably doesn't always know the coverage but he did excellent no matter what.

Advertisement
Uhh, read page 3 basically calling PFF a farce and the stat is lying? I was mostly being facetious, but my comment isn’t too far off in general.
While pff is mostly garbage I think most are trying to explain how those eye popping numbers can be possible. Porter played well, but he also benefitted from Jaden Davis being picked on relentlessly in some cases.

CIS to a tee.

See positive about one of our players - immediately try to discredit and trash said player 🤦🏻‍♂️
Nope don’t play that. I didn’t discredit. I asked what the information meant because those sound like All American numbers I even asked for possible comparisons to other elite CBs.

I said I personally didn’t remember a lockdown corner when I was watching the games but this makes me want to go back and see how well he played.

Considering how desperately others have been asking for a CB#1 from the portal it’s not an unfair question.

I also was asking why we didn’t put him on an island more having him man up the #1 WR in most games. Plenty of people lite defenses out their best defensive back right on the opposing teams best WR.

Never was I trying to trash Porter.

Advertisement
Bring someone who can recruit first rounders that’s all I ask
I mean, I get what you’re saying, and it would be great to have another recruiter for sure, and he has under performed, but if we’re being real, just look at Alabama and the amount of people who left because Saban was no longer there. It’s about Mario. it’s always about the head coach first and foremost

(Edit - and the fact @cway313 disagrees is validation)

Last edited:
Advertisement
I mean, I get what you’re saying, and it would be great to have another recruiter for sure, and he has under performed, but if we’re being real, just look at Alabama and the amount of people who left because Saban was no longer there. It’s about Mario. it’s always about the head coach first and foremost

Its a balance IMHO. That said, its clear to me that this team needs more coaches(development and Xs & Os) than recruiters. Recruiting has been fantastic, its what happens on the field that sucks.

fourth of july dog GIF

Advertisement
For those of you discrediting PFF, post a clip of a receiver catching a ball on DP Jr in man. I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with the tweet I posted. Simply brought it to the table. But if you think it’s garbage, all the plays are taped from multiple angles. Post evidence refuting it. FWIW, it seemed insane to me too. But then I think back and I really don’t remember a lot of plays made with him in man coverage.

Advertisement
Back