Add RichRod to your coaching wish list.

Advertisement
****Rod does very well with little pressure on him, falls apart otherwise. Arizona is the perfect mid-tier program for him, as he can still pull some very nice athletes from the west coast and do enough to win 8-9 games on a regular basis. Not good enough for Miami, IMO, but he's better than AG.

This. He has the Ducks number right now and that his getting him some news. Most decent ranked teams beat his squad.

@BruceFeldmanCFB

Rich Rod is 5-0 & #Zona's leading RB is a FR; QB is a FR; two leading receivers are sophs; top tackler is a soph & top coverman is a FR.

:rickflair2:

Advertisement
so everyone here ******* about not playing a 4-3 and now we want to run a base 3-3-5?

Actually, we've had numerous discussions saying how SoFla talent is perfect for a 3-3-5 defense like Zona or 4-2-5 TCU runs.

Good coach but he has his flaws. He needs to be at a school like Arizona where the expectations are reasonable, he has already proven to be a colossal disaster at a big time program.

Also his offense would get Kaaya killed.

Advertisement
Actually I think UF will make a play for Rich Rodriguez, once they fire Muschamp at the end of season. I would be very concerned with Rich Rodriguez at UF, because he would set up camp in south florida with the offense he runs. His defenses have been suspect over the years but when your playing basketball on turf does that really matter.

Go Canes

i think UF would need a bigger hire than RR. they can't fail on this hire without the Bull Gators going absolutely crazy. Foley keeping Muschamp after that GA Southern game was bad enough as it is

Actually I think UF will make a play for Rich Rodriguez, once they fire Muschamp at the end of season. I would be very concerned with Rich Rodriguez at UF, because he would set up camp in south florida with the offense he runs. His defenses have been suspect over the years but when your playing basketball on turf does that really matter.

Go Canes

For UF they'd never touch him because of sheer perception. Perception is he can't hack it at a big time school. Anyway who cares, the douches in Gainesville are scared to play us anyway.

Advertisement
Realistically Rich Rod is in the perfect place. He could go 8-4 or 9-3 every year, beat Arizona State half the time and occasionally take down a UCLA, USC, Oregon and that will keep the fans excited and happy. He can run his offense, not have to worry about any sort of real legacy of winning, and be left for the most part alone.

I love how everyone assumes UiF will have to/can get a huge name now. Wasn't that the case when they were looking to fill Urbie's huge shoes? Muscorch really didn't WOW anyone as a hire and I predict those clowns and Foley will fail to impress again. Having Urbie still essentially publicly badmouthing the environment there won't help matters.

Advertisement
I love how everyone assumes UiF will have to/can get a huge name now. Wasn't that the case when they were looking to fill Urbie's huge shoes? Muscorch really didn't WOW anyone as a hire and I predict those clowns and Foley will fail to impress again. Having Urbie still essentially publicly badmouthing the environment there won't help matters.

wasn't Muschamp the Texas Coach in waiting when they hired him? the environment at UF can't be any different from any other big time program can't it? all big time jobs are pressure cookers.

Uf could hire whomever they want. they have the money, prestige, location etc.. Muschamp was the hottest coordinator out there.

Advertisement
Back